The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Master Prediction System Vs. Crystal Clear (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Premier Magic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Premier Magic
Finally got my taxes back and The Master Prediction System has been on my list for a long time, Im looking for opinions on what system everyone thinks is best. I know the Malloy and Wellington units are the only ones that are licensed and are the best quality ( I personally was found of the see through unit). I have also been told about the Crystal Clear system that is similar but doesn't use the tube system. Now Im not 100% sure of the exact workings of these but can be pretty sure I understand them. With that being said I don't normally have an assistant. So any advice or recommendations as to which one is best or if another product not mentioned is better. Thank you!
krille
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of krille
I'm a happy owner of a Wellington MPS.

I too was thinking about the The Clear-Vue Master Prediction but I finally decided on a standard version.

The Cler-Vue good but I truly believe it doesn't do anything for a standard audience. The standard version is a bit easier to work with.

The MPS does relay on an assistant so if you don't use an assistant normally, I would think about if it is worth it. It is also rather pricy.

There are differences in what you get depending on what dealer you choose. Bill (Wellington) has a put a lot of work into the table stand. It is all hand made aluminum and it fold up easily. You will however not get anything else with the wellington but the box,tube and table. You also have to make sure to specify how the box should look like. Wellington does not offer different standard looks of the box. It is up to you to decide. Wellington offers a separate stand (same look and feel as the stand for the table so they match).

The Malloy has a different look and includes the board and stand for hanging the box but has used standard stands not custom made ones.

So if you go with Wellington it is gonna cost you a bit more and you have to decide on the design of the box.

I cannot comment too much on the Crystal Clear but it also looks as a good choice.
Premier Magic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Premier Magic
Thanks Krille. I appreciate the information. I have a couple questions but Ill PM you.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I love my MPS. It is more than the clear prediction but in my opnion it is way better. Get the one with a ladder and a case. You will not be disappointed.

Patrick
Premier Magic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Premier Magic
Thanks Patrick, do you have the Wellington Version? Do you have the standard or clear vue?
euroillusion
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of euroillusion
You can modify a clear MPS to a regular MPS by covering the clear sides with temporary laminate or vinyl stickers. So, you can get the best of both worlds whenever you want.

Jean-Paul
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
@Premiere,

I have the one sold by Malloy Modern Magic.

@Jean-Paul,

Great idea.

Patrick
Premier Magic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Premier Magic
Thanks guys and Jean-Paul that is a good Idea you can get custom graphics cheap to give it whatever kind of look your going for.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Hey guys,

With Crystal Clear, the prediction can be seen through the clear front and is always in view. The spectator never perceives that the prediction leaves their sight and the fact that an audience member can remove it is a real killer. The reaction I often get is, "We figured you would just find some way to switch it, but SHE took it out!!!" Without revealing too much, getting the prediction in play happens as I simply walk by to stand on the other side to get out of the way. There is no noticeable switch moment at all.

The table is also super thin. Here are a few pics.

http://stolzillusions.com/wp-content/upl......x281.png
http://stolzillusions.com/wp-content/uploads/CC1-300x168.jpg

Both are good options but I like CC mainly because I don't have to fumble inside the box - everything is super fair. (It's also half the price)

- Chris
Premier Magic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Premier Magic
Thanks Chris I appreciate the input from someone with Crystal Clear. How big of a prediction can you fit into the unit. Can you do more than one with it like the MPS? You don't happen to have a video of you doing the trick do you. Haven't seen one other than the demo.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
When I do it I have a page of a dictionary with a word circled, but you can do it with a bigger sheet of paper folded up as well. I know a couple guys are using bigger paper in theirs - my routine just happens to revolve around a dictionary.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
I don't usually have an assistant which is why I came up with this.... since you don't have an asst. you may want to check it out.
http://scottalexander.bigcartel.com/prod......a-bottle
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Premier Magic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Premier Magic
Thanks Chris for the info.
Premier Magic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Premier Magic
Scott appreciate your imput and effect. I will watch your M>I>B videos and get back with you!
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
294 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
I've never used it, and I've only seen the demo, but Chris' Crystal Clear looks AMAZING. I love that you show the paper/envelope at the beginning before locking it in the box and hoisting it up. It just seems so much more fair.
Question, though (hopefully without revealing too much): Chris, do you ever have a problem with the spectator attaching the envelope at... shall we say... a noticeably odd angle?
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Thanks! No I haven't. I say something like, "Take this envelope and place it squarely on the back of the box. There's a piece of velcro on the back for you so just pop it on there. Just remember, this is show business and I'll be checking your work so you'd better do a good job."

This is just a fun way to tease, but also ensures they put it square. It also sets me up to ask them to fix it if they put it on a 45 (which has never happened). I've gone shows without saying it too and they still do it perfectly, but it's more fun to put them on the spot a bit Smile
Mircalla75
View Profile
New user
Italy
15 Posts

Profile of Mircalla75
Sometimes magicians are very attentive to the props!
Everything can be solved differently with few money and a lot of preparation ...
look like an Italian comedian resolved the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRUkOCi0PZ8

from 7:23 to 13:05
Premier Magic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Premier Magic
Thanks for the reply however that just seems to be a book test where he new what the answers would be ahead of time ( there are many book tests you could do this with from the classics to a dictionary ) and In my opinion doesn't play nearly as well as the props in the thread. It cant understand what they are saying so that also doesn't help SmileYou are right that you could do a prediction like this but I really like the option of the people being able to do or say whatever they want.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
AmrKhaled,
In the link above you can witness the (cheap) solution you searched for a few months ago.
Forget the language and open yours eyes at he end!
chill
View Profile
Veteran user
colorado, usa
385 Posts

Profile of chill
Quote:
On 2013-11-09 04:33, Mircalla75 wrote:
Sometimes magicians are very attentive to the props!
Everything can be solved differently with few money and a lot of preparation ...
look like an Italian comedian resolved the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRUkOCi0PZ8

from 7:23 to 13:05

nice version...no assistants though

I spent most of my money on magic and women, the rest i just wasted
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Master Prediction System Vs. Crystal Clear (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL