The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » My Bio - Way To Long (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MsteveM
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of MsteveM
I started doing magic when I was six years old (thank you Adams), which was almost 50 years ago now. Wow, I can't believe I just admitted that to the world. I read every book I could find in the library. I would beg my mom to take me downtown to the magic shop. My poor relatives, my words were always take a card any card, I can see their eyes rolling even now. In high school I bought another guys magic that he wanted to get rid of. I also got to work at a mall store that sold magic as of magician. Since I love kids so much I was always doing birthday parties. I also invented a few sleights and routines of my own. As having the family at a young age can really change your priorities, Magic drifted off to never-land. I became a follower of Christ, no judging from here since He is really came to explain about a loving God (see John 3:17, I apologize I don't mean to preach). I started doing magic again as a tool to show the mysteries of God, and created a lot of good patter for children. I apologize for my life's history. and TMI. Through it all I kept my hands busy with a little magic here a magic there, hoping to one day be a member of the Magic Castle. I've been blessed to be there a few times with a member and even performed some my my own slights I want to side tables. I sustained a spinal cord injury 4 1/2 years ago which, among other things, destroyed my powers of prestidigitation and waiting for surgey number four. Due to the injury, my hands have lost their muscle memory and I have found myself on a long road to retraining them. My house also flooded and destroyed some of the magic that I can't replace or afford to replace if I can find it. My doctors said to find something that I was passionate enough about to work through the pain to help restore spirit, soul, and body. While looking for some close-up magic any illusions I found the Magic Café. The desire to join the Magic Castle, I.B.M., and S.A.M., and be around, and learn from, other magicians. I want to further my conjuring cognitive processes so I'm looking for books, e-books, or anything. I'm now in the Pasadena area and would like to know of any magic organizations in the area. I apologize for the length of this post and look forward to sharing, learning, and buying/trading/selling with all of you. Not only is Laughter the best medicine, so is Magic. Smile
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day MsteveM
Welcome to the Café - that was not that long mate - but it was one serious paragraph lol.
I do hope that your renewed involvement in and passionate pursuit of magic aids in your recovery.
Troppo Bob is not a local in California but I am happy to offer encouragement from down under.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome MsteveM,

You have a great positive attitude.

My I suggest that you add some of the magic to be found in the "Shuffled not Stirred" forum.

I agree that Magic is good physical therapy and you are not the only one here using it.

Wishing you wonderful outcomes!

-Mary Mowder
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hello MsteveM,

Good to have you here. This old white-haired magician welcomes the company.

Magic is good medicine. There are times when this old cowboy appreciates it. The Man upstairs takes good care of us.

Perhaps we can share something: Plenty of people believe in Miracles, We rely on them!

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » My Bio - Way To Long (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL