The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » J. N. Hofzinser: Non Plus Ultra (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-01-09 16:28, PapaG wrote:
Could you briefly give your opinion?

For the historian or those interested in the history of 19th century conjuring these volumes are indespencable. For those looking to just add a useable trick or two to their repitoire not nearly as useful.

They are a fascinating and informative read though
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6020 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2014-01-11 00:54, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-09 16:28, PapaG wrote:
Could you briefly give your opinion?

For the historian or those interested in the history of 19th century conjuring these volumes are indespencable. For those looking to just add a useable trick or two to their repitoire not nearly as useful.

They are a fascinating and informative read though
Payne,

Do you say that because you no longer feel the effects are relevant or is it because of the cost.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-01-11 10:00, motown wrote:

Payne,

Do you say that because you no longer feel the effects are relevant or is it because of the cost.

I've only skimmed the second volume. Card tricks hold little interest for me and I don't perform many in my repertoire. So I'm not the best one to judge the value of material contained in the second volume.

There are a number of effects in the volume that require specially printed cards or custom apparatus. Other routines are antiquated or available elsewhere for a lot less money.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Some of Hofziner's special cards required for the tricks in Non Plus Ultra volume two. Note that these cards are Piatnik bridge sized ones.
http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh0......32#a8332
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » J. N. Hofzinser: Non Plus Ultra (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL