The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » FAC - VICTORIA Jordan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
327 Posts

Profile of JordanVictoria
Hello everyone !
Here's a short video showing you one of my final of the ambitious card routine !
Hope you will enjoy it ! Smile

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LLELUsvIiyU
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1004 Posts

Profile of Ado
Do you ask spectatores to close their eyes during your routine? Because there are two cuts in your final. I have no other comments than "I have no idea why you cut" and "it'd be better without the music." Actual patter may help to explain the conclusion of the routine as well.

P!
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
327 Posts

Profile of JordanVictoria
The cuts aren't "helping" me... They are just here because of the reflet of the sun... Because of the reflect, sometimes the cards were "blank"... There is the reason for these cuts ! Smile
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
582 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
The ambitious card routine needs to be about the cards. It should have nothing to do with the magician. Most routines suffer from 3 big flaws 1.) the routine simply goes on too long 2.) WAY too much handling and fiddling with the deck by the magician and 3.) done way too fast. Your routine is short which is good. Unfortunately for me there is too much fiddling with the deck including your habit of repeatedly turning the deck around in your hands for no aparrent reason. By far the BEST ending to an ambitious card routine should be done in the spectators hands with them turning the top card over to discover it's on top completely out of the magicians hands. While well done your final phase is a color change of the top card and not the card coming to the top of the deck. Sometimes visual magic is not the best option. There is a real sense of mystery and build up that is completely missing in such a visual ending to the ambitious card. I guarantee if the spectator turns over and discovers the card is on top in the final phase you will get much stronger reactions.

An ambitious card routine should be 3 phases long done slowly and clearly that builds progressively with each phase being perceived as more impossible and the final phase done completely out of the magicians hands.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1723 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Can't watch in the uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » FAC - VICTORIA Jordan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL