We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Wanted : "Quacker Jacked" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Could any body venture a review of "Quacker Jacked", by Cosmo Solano?

Here is the add copy: "IN STOCK! Order today and receive FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING & FREE GIFT! 

Spectator(s) freely names a card while munching on a bag of Cracker Jacks Popcorn... 

The bag is then dumped out and the prize package is seen among the popcorn and peanuts. The prize is opened and has a folded up playing card in it and it matches the card named! 

Easy to do! No Sleights, choices are freely made (not a forced card)
Uses the "Q" (Quantum Connection) system
Includes 2 Q Singles ($150 value!) 

Set up and ready to perform plus refills for the prize packages 

Also includes lifetime access to the Q Network - Which has numerous videos and downloads, plus routines and ideas for using Q and a members only forum!"

I'd sure like a review, considering how expensive the effect is. It better be really good for that price!

And especially, could someone explain to me what all this "Q" stuff is?

I'm especially curious about that. Whatever "Q" is, is it the reason the effect is so expensive?

I appreciate any light you can shed.

Daff
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3255 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Jump to this thread for discussion already in progress:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=218&3
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ok. Thanks!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22933 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I hate it when beginners in magic think they have come up with a wonderful trick and method that has never been thought of before. Thing is, it has been done before and rejected as a viable trick to market. I hope no one actually buys this ancient trick.

What is worse, is the Murphy's Magic saw fit to sell such a piece of C**p to the unsuspecting magic consumer. They are more guilty for trying to distribute such junk.

Shame on you Murphy's Magic.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The ad says it comes with Q.

Is it the same Q that Bob Kohler and Scott Alexander started using from Cosmo:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=90
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22933 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No it is a Q that is associated to Cosmo Solano, who invented it, and now has disappeared or ignoring everyone's inquiries.

Read about it here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

By page 13, he is none responsive to the people who sent him their money.
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Bill, this is just getting old, it's a great trick, if you actually have ever done magic, you know that, simply by the fundamentals of what makes something a magic trick.
And I HAVE responded, I DID go through some really bad times and DID get SICK of all the stuff on the Café, I didn't STOP responding, I just stopped reading the Café all together. Yes some people didn't hear back from me, but I'm TEMPTED to list ALL of you who didn't hear from me for a few days, then got on here and said that you sent DOZENS of emails. I WILL NOT battle it out and try and discredit your posts or ask you to be more honest about my incompetence. It's one thing to make a mistake and another to steal from people. If I defended myself here and called out those who lied and way over exaggerated, and just jumped on the bandwagon I would take up pages and pages. I DID screw up and I COMPENSATED those with refunds AND product, or extra product. If I missed any to date, I'm unaware. YES a few of you were legitimately lost in my mess and it DID take months, but so many people said things that took a few days and turned it into months here on the Café, I think just to get our your own frustration. It has been over a year, I'm not getting on here to respond to anyone again, ever. EVER. Even the owner of the Café whom I NEVER made any mistakes with, jumped in, AFTER he got his stuff ON TIME AND with free product which he asked me for. he read all this stuff and emailed me a nasty email, didn't ask, just accused, and never got on here to say, "well I got my stuff on time..." Neither did literally hundreds HUNDREDS of others. He has never said a positive word about it, again, HE got everything and free product on time.
The percentage is small, but to look herein, you'd think NOT A SINGLE PERSON received product. When that happens to you, (and I hope it doesn't) don't be surprised if you just want to crawl under a rock. Selling magic for over 25 years and this horrible year I had and literally hundreds of dollars, not thousands or millions of dollars of screwed up shipments, destroyed all of that?
I promised myself I would just ignore it as it has made my mistakes look so much worse than they were, because I'm just not going to get into the ring. I have a list and out of 497 shipments I SCREWED UP less than 2 dozen, (yes they are as important as anyone) but people LOVE SAYING I ripped off EVERYONE. TONS of people. TONS! I've since shipped hundreds more shipments on time but no one has gotten on to say that. Okay a few and it's appreciated.
Let's be honest, the effect Quacker Jack'd is a phenomenal effect and classic concept, A NAMED CARD, ENDS UP BEING THE SAME AS THE CARD IN A CRACKER JACK PACKAGE IN FULL VIEW.
If you want to listen to unfounded tirades of amateurs who've never gotten in front of anyone other than their own gramma AND has never even seen or tried the product, or someone who is simply angry, then you're missing a solid effect. Forget that it's mine, the evil Cosmo Solano's for a minute, the effect is smart and proven for 4 years in front of real audiences, high paying critical audiences. Lame attempts to discredit it, (and don't think I don't know who put you up to it...) comparing it to Inferno are just obvious attempts to kill the product for OTHER reasons. INFERNO IS AWESOME!!! BRILLIANT! Just BRILLIANT! But apples to frickin bananas! I would LOVE a discussion about Quacker Jack'd and even if it was determined a lousy effect I'd be okay with it. but this is just site unsean unadulterated attacks about me, not the effect. things like, "just force a card... duh" c'mon, NO product should exist if that's a legit argument. Gawd. I'm not playing this game, but I could... I got an email from a someone who claims the rights to "cracker jack's effects" because for the last couple of years he's been doing signed bill to CJ's, I let him know that I have solid proof that I've been using cracker Jacks in the "nested boxes" premise since I worked at a magic shop in 1979. No reply to my email, BUT nasty things HERE ON THE Café FROM THIS SAME GUY. Really? My first PAID show was in 1974 I was twelve and I performed almost full time when I was still in high school. I have more rights to perform the stuff I do than almost anyone. I DO NOT NEED to steal routines. And Michael Weber published and made public the cracker jack idea WAY before a few years ago, so don't email me accusing me when you're the one who hasn't got a clue. I know you're reading this...
I've performed QJ'd for high paying audiences for 5 years. you can hate me all you want, but the idea is solid magic period. I've kept my record clean since the big fiasco regarding the spectrum deck. I went broke on that project and destroyed my own reputation at the same time, AND chose just to stop when accusations came BEFORE inquiries. I know many emails weren't returned, but WAY MORE people got on here FIRST before trying to contact me, I think because it's more fun for them. Unreturned emails WERE finally addressed as I found them. To date, I DON'T know of any left hanging. 14 people got extra decks or their money back AND the decks, 5 people got free uncut sheets, none asked for extra stuff. NONE of those people have said anything about THAT, I'm sure because now that they attacked me it' just not fun to get on and show the resolution.
And I wasn't planning on calling them out publicly about it and I won't. ONE TIME I humiliated a guy publicly who wrongly accused me of something, at a magic convention, I mean in front of dozens. Turns out he was in such a bad way emotionally that I just about destroyed him, he was WRONG. But I didn't do anything but make his personal situation worse. I don't get satisfaction out of defending myself, I just feel worse. SOOOO have at it gang. Take a swing. Or contact me if it's just resolution you need/want and I'll abide. I'll take care of you.
I'm NOT a con artist but I DID screw up and just chose to stop dealing with this HERE, PUBLICLY. MANY Café members MANY, lied and made my mistakes out to be MUCH WORSE than they were, and MANY jumped in and tried to get free stuff from me. I even had people saying they were ripped off AFTER THEY refused to pay things like customs or international shipping. THEY were wrong and BLAMED ME publicly. And I can't tell you how many people I responded to who then told me, "I didn't order from you I was just saying that you're a con artist cuz that's what I'm reading."

Man I REALLY didn't EVER WANT to defend myself like this. I have records of those people who lied, exaggerated or said things but weren't even involved, but I WON'T join in on this garbage and I won't name names. Such a drain of energy and no good comes of it.
How about a review from someone who's used it not someone who's just out to beat the crap outta me, me personally? DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR and get back to magic. Geesh Bill you're just ridiculous and I'm embarrassed for you, not me.
email: rcosmo@tricksite.com SOMETIMES you won't get through because of literally dozens of spam filters, and it takes me days to go through and try an sort them.
so try bagdini@gmail as a secondary.
AND... if you are one who STILL FEELS I owe you something, which I am under the impression that I cleared everything up a year ago, let me know. Just take a fresh stab at it and let me know. Word got out that my records were all screwed up, (yes my poor management skills) and because I sent out dozens of decks to people who claimed to have ordered but didn't actually order, or worse, claimed not to have gotten anything but I later found out did, I will have to check my records so be patient.
Back then I was scraping every penny I could to cover these mistakes while at the same time trying to figure out how to put food on the table for a family of 5. So no I wasn't off vacationing with everyone's, EVERYONE'S money, or TONS of peoople's money. The value of the product that was lost, compromised or not shipped was literally in the hundreds, not thousands, but again I finally made it all good. Its NOBODIES business but for the record, a $22k project for 2 runs of uspcc cards leaves very little to pay bills with, after fees and postage etc, esp, when it takes up 3 months of your full time efforts.
AND... I'm just SOOOO dissapointed that those who got things ON TIME haven't said anything (over 450 people with Spectrum Deck alone), and esp. those who GOT SCREWED UP and I sent EXTRA DECKS, REFUNDS plus Product, AND apologies to, many attacked me here and then never mentioned my effort to fix things.
To one who I know reads this junk:
How about you... and you know who you are, I sent you $250 worth of product because you were down and out, you wanted a "lay away plan" but I sent you the product on trust, not even knowing you, I did this WHILE I was in the middle of trying to save my home after losing so much money on the spectrum deck, and YOU joined in and called me a crook???? YOU never even bought ANYTHING from me and YOU CHIMED IN? I haven't tarnished your name, though I could have, and I haven't harrassed you about the $250 you never sent that you promised.
DO NOT EXPECT ME TO RESPOND TO THIS GARBAGE. I AM GUILTY OF POOR MANAGEMENT AND LOSING RECORDS AND LOSING CONTROL OF THINGS, due to my own mistakes AND stupidity, but NOT OF RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. I simply STOPPED looking here for messages about or to me. Enough. So if you sought a solution here, I just didn't see it and wasn't looking for it.
I promised myself I wouldn't do this but geesh, over a dozen ACTUAL PROS have emailed me giving kudos to Quacker Jack'd within a few days of ordering it and a number of guys who are hobbiests. it's simply a good idea and trick. Not by my opinion but from the logic of good magic. Calling it crap just makes you look so ignorant and amateur and it's OBVIOUSLY about ME, not the trick. I give kudos to the guy who said, "I won't order from Cosmo because of this and that" at least he's being honest. I'm sorry for screwing up his and my business with each other, but at least HIS ISSUE IS LEGIT and is rightfully stated. I wouldn't order from me either if I were him.
I just performed it for a very elite private audience in Vegas two nights ago. Standing O. Give me a break. Start a thread about what a moron I am, but if someone wants to know about a particular effect have the respect for THEM, not me, to stay on subject.
Please email me if you feel it necessary, I'd post my phone number here but NOPE. DO NOT MESSAGE ME HERE, I DON'T CHECK THEM.
I DON'T SUPPORT the Café anymore but I also won't TRASH it publicly. I don't support it because of this junk. I want to, but the owner never even said thanks for my support on his own personal tragedy, and btw, the donation I made to his personal tragedies was done when I was two weeks away from being homeless myself, I didn't have the money and SHOULD have been putting it towards sending out screwed up orders, but instead donated because the tragedy was beyond my comprehension and I felt it was more important. nor did he let you all know that I actually came through for him on his orders. Anyway, it doesn't feel good to me that I'm giving in to this and writing all this, but maybe you all can just knock it off for the sake of those who asked a simple question, how about a review? How can you attack me when your "reviews" are not honest themselves? It's obvious you have an agenda to just beat me up some more. I'm responding just so you all can get over it as well and stop dragging all of those who weren't affected into it.

Magic is who I am, what I do and will keep doing, The magic Café' and all this baloney, not so much. Anyone who wants to chime in here and let them know that I made good with you, please don't do so for me, but for those who are being unfairly mislead by a group who absolutely won't let up on the lynching party. My mistakes, my apologies and I'm not through with making it right for anyone I missed. Contact me if you STILL haven't gotten resolution. DON'T contact me to yell at me, I'll just ignore it. I won't yell back I'll ignore it and block your email. I had this fantasy that I'd take those 20 some people, and surprise them with a full refund once I could afford it, but at this point I just don't have any compassion left. I am sorry and, I AM done with this.
I have a personal friend, spiritual and emotional adviser, who advised against this post. As soon as I hit post I'm going to regret it and know he was right. This doesn't offer me anything other than another blemish on my record. But here it goes.
Sadly, last post here, ever.
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
I just realized I should have read all the above posts, YES it's the same Q kohler sells. Yes it comes with Part of Q, and yes that's why it's expensive. Q has sold for 250 for almost five years, over 700 have sold and it's a pain to make, so to sell this for less wouldn't fit what so many have paid for and used for almost 5 years.
http://www.anycardanywhere.com will show you how versatile it is and why so many have used it internationally. there. THAT was my last post.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 19:14, Cosmo Solano wrote:
I just realized I should have read all the above posts, YES it's the same Q kohler sells. Yes it comes with Part of Q, and yes that's why it's expensive. Q has sold for 250 for almost five years, over 700 have sold and it's a pain to make, so to sell this for less wouldn't fit what so many have paid for and used for almost 5 years.
http://www.anycardanywhere.com will show you how versatile it is and why so many have used it internationally. there. THAT was my last post.

Thanks for the update. Clever stuff.

Scott Alexander uses Q and you can see how deadly it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8R9WrbBGyk
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Cosmo,
Thanks for clearing all that up. Sorry for your hard year. I know what it is like to almost lose the house. 2010 was the wrost year of my life financially. Hope it has turned around.

I was guilty of jumping on the band wagon. I would like to apologise for that. Should have done more research.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
newguy
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of newguy
Cosmo,

Will pay you $1,000 if you can tell me where Weber "published" his routine.

You are wrong on all counts
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Michael Weber used to perform a routine where he pulled a borrowed item from the sealed packet inside a Cracker Jack box in the 1970s, though I don’t knows if he ever published it.

Jim
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
I for one am glad that Cosmo came back to the Café to tell us his side. However I can't help but feal that he could have done so much earlier and could have avoided so much hassle to all concerned. From what I read most of the complaints were about not hearing from Cosmo. They just wanted to know what the problem was . Some were very concerned about his well being. We have all had hard times in the past if not hang in there you're time is going to come. It will take time to build back his reputation as a reliable businessman and I think it's a mistake to dismiss the Café , after all the Café was not the problem.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1527 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Does this effect Quacker Jack’d come with one or 2 of the Q singles?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Wanted : "Quacker Jacked" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL