The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Radio Active Sneak Peak-Titanas (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
You pay for the idea, the routine, all the Details you learn that make this illusion perfect and the right to perform it! Without Titanas you probably never thought of an effect like that.

The Gimmick is great and as I said I worked with something similar a while back, but not as good.

Sure Titanas did not invent this technology, but he brought To your attention and gave you a routine. The Gimmick, in my oppinion, is a free goodie, which works really reliable.

I mean you don't buy a trick you can do with a spectators iPhone contacts for example and go like "ooh I've been using iphone contacts by coincidence for two years now, how can he ask money for that trick." no need To call anyone a liar here!

Regards
Nico
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Nanaswan cards were nothing new when magicians start using them, uhhmmm also coins were there if I remember well.
I hope you don't perform any cards or coin tricks as they all suck and have been used before.
What a silly post!

M P
James Braund
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of James Braund
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 20:07, nanaswan wrote:
Really don't rate this at all it's nothing new have had it by coincidence ************ ******** *** ***** ******** about 2 years ago and can't understand how dealers get away with it . Sick to death of dealers thinking we are so naive . Obviously not known by the masses shame but that's magic these days . My post will probably be removed again but don't see how Café allow people taking our hard earned money and dealers lying over something they have created . So untrue it stinks . No exposure here so post should not be deleted . There is no modification whatsoever in my version over this 100 % .


Although I don't agree with the idea that nothing new has been created and disagree with the strength of language used I would agree with you that the tech is old and well known. My father who is into his 70s not only has the newer version in his car but even used to have the old versions from way way way back when he was a CHILD and it was sold as a novelty to hear yourself on the radio. So the tech is not new and the method unless well concealed is also well known - it was even on a simpsons episode IIRC.

That's my main concern with this - the usage tips the method unless you work it differently. If you make this play on a dead frequency it tips the method immediately - simple as. If you don't think it will then I'm afraid you're not performing for the kind of people I am who would instantly work out exactly why they are hearing that. It may be because here in the UK we don't have many radio stations especially on the fm band so everyone knows what to expect on certain frequencies. Also never seen a phone with a fm tuner built in except a long time ago when they were bricks with lcd screens but that's just my experience so open to persuasion that it's more common than I think.

The good points are that you are paying for a routine and effect which at the price it's being sold at doesn't sound too bad, although as I said I have major problems with the suggested routine ie using dead air but others have already posted they are very happy with it so it obviously pleases most buyers. You are also buying the non tech side of the method for the effect which in itself seems pretty fun and useful to know. Also as someone has already pointed out - even if they know the HOW it is getting on the air what you are buying is the non tech method as well so they won't know how on earth you knew what to put over the airwaves.

So congrats to Titanus for creating the routine and effect ( I assume the method for the non tech bit is original or credited) and that's what should be emphasised NOT the gimmick which has been around and used by magicians for a long while. I've been using one for about 6 years for a bizarre magic effect involving an old wartime radio, but love the way Titanus has applied it here - that's what you're buying and if you like the sound of the effect then for the money it seems fairly priced.

My main interest in this was that I have performed with and developed routines using this gimmick for years now so wanted to see if it would add anything to what I already do - however because of the dead air logic problem it's not for me but I'm happy that others are getting mileage out of it. Personally my use for the gimmick in my own routines REQUIRES a dead frequency, in RadioActives case particularly the radio dj announcement I feel it doesn't make sense for a radio station to suddenly pop up on a frequency and then disappear again later. Hopefully someone can give me a reasonable argument as to why I'm wrong on that - maybe that's part of the magical effect, the very fact that something is there where it shouldn't be, for me though it sadly would tip the method.

For those that have it and might now be thinking about the dead air problem I can at least offer some thinking on a solution - if the erm premade part (trying hard to word it so nothing is exposed) were to sound like a radio scanning frequencies at the start of it and then it 'locks on' to a station just as the announcer is saying the revelation then returns to sounding like scanning again that solves the problem of the dead air logic. Cheap scanning radios can be had for like a dollar on ebay and fit on a keychain so you could always give it away as souvenir for that price. Maybe all this is already discussed and covered in the instructions, if so please let me know so I can stand corrected.

Although I've been following the thread to try and decide if I should invest in this and whether it added anything to what I already do, it was the mention above about having the 'right to perform it' that made me reply. As someone who has worked with this gimmick and used it for revelations (though much darker ones admitedly) I would assert that I do not need to buy the rights to apply the gimmick in this way - I would fully agree though that one needs to buy it if they want to perform Titanus' routine. Obviously. The routine is not for me so I'll stick to my own versions - but it's good to see so many are having fun with what he's created.

On a final note about dealers inflating the price - if this had been double the price then maybe this is a valid argument - but the current price seems pretty fair. In essense you get a routine and non tech method with a gimmick thrown in for free. The going rate for the effect described would sit in the price bracket this is being offered at even without the gimmick.

S&F
James
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4931 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 22:34, M Pitcher wrote:
Nanaswan cards were nothing new when magicians start using them, uhhmmm also coins were there if I remember well.
I hope you don't perform any cards or coin tricks as they all suck and have been used before.
What a silly post!

M P




Slightly different analogy here as cards and coins were used for completely different things. Anyway I do agree my post was a bit strong and aggressive so for that I apologise .
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Terrible analogy. Cards and coins can do hundreds of different tricks. This is a specific device that is well know and in use by many non magicians. It has been released several times before. Titanas routine has merit though and his details make for a good trick.
Nanaswan, I certainly feel your pain.
James

Quote:
On 2014-01-10 22:34, M Pitcher wrote:
Nanaswan cards were nothing new when magicians start using them, uhhmmm also coins were there if I remember well.
I hope you don't perform any cards or coin tricks as they all suck and have been used before.
What a silly post!

M P
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
Unfortunately I have voted for radio active on the worst trick of 2013 thread. The opportunity to perform this is too limited. It's rare to find a situation where someone has already a radio app on their phone or already a radio happens to be playing e.g.in a coffee shop. One time I did perform this for a friend in his car he told me what the gimmick was immediately as he is owned one too, so a very risky trick to perform. Using a gimmick which people already know about you leaving yourself open to being busted.

I guess that's what happens when existing tech is repackaged as magic trick.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1772 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
How are you guys doing this on an iPhone?
Are you copying the images into the phone or taking photos of the cards provided?
Thanks
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
If you guys have performed this and been caught, using the free selection of the song then I really don't know what to say as the reactions I receive with this are the craziest I 've ever got.
If on the other hand you perform the force version and get caught, maybe it's time to re-learn your force or find a better one.

M P
DigaMag
View Profile
Loyal user
Indonesia
293 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Quote:
On 2014-01-11 06:29, M Pitcher wrote:
If you guys have performed this and been caught, using the free selection of the song then I really don't know what to say as the reactions I receive with this are the craziest I 've ever got.
If on the other hand you perform the force version and get caught, maybe it's time to re-learn your force or find a better one.

M P


Agree...Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
I feel that I must just say afew words here. I see a lot of folks saying this is old technology that everyone knows about. This is true. People are quite aware that magicians also palm cards, so does that stop you doing tricks that relying on palming ? No.
I have been doing this routine for 3 or more years now, slightly different to the routine supplied by Titanas, but essentialy the same. I have never been challenged on it and it ALWAYS leaves them dumbstruck. I alsao have a small radio that I use for the effect and which in the right circumstances, give away at the end of the routine. I live and work in Mallorca, a small Spanish island, and one venue that I work weekly know me not by my name but "that guy that does the radio thing".
When I first saw this release I contacted Titanas and told him of my routine and that I had been doing this for years,we talked a little about ny routine which is different, and he said he liked it. I have since spoken to him about this and with his permission I will offer anyone who has Radio Active my working if you are interested. Just PM me your email address and I will send you my routine. My routine will require you to do a little work with a sound editing program but nothing too difficult, maybe Titanas could make a sound file in the future.
Anyway I will just finish by saying that this for me has been a reputation maker, and I strongly advise you to give it some serious thought, anyone who wants my routine PM me with your email address and a quick explanation of the gimmick that comes with Radio Active, I just don't want people who don't own it fishing for methods, Best wishes to you all, Gerorge
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
George even Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
George, you've solidified my point. It's an obvious method that a lot of magicians have thought of. Laypeople guess the method too.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Hi Raj,just to clarify, the routine I currently do is not the same as the one provided and it leads the spectator away from thinking of the particular method used. A few of you have asked for my routine and I have sent it to those that have requested it, maybe some of you would like to comment on what you think of my routine, does it lead the spectator away from thinking of the method ? Raj I cant go into detail her but thanks for your input, its what keeps the Café alive, and after all its just our opinions that we discuss here. And thank God we all have different ones.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
James Braund
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of James Braund
Quote:
On 2014-01-11 15:38, george1953 wrote:
its what keeps the Café alive, and after all its just our opinions that we discuss here. And thank God we all have different ones.


This is the embodiment of wisdom. This is exactly how a thread should progress - opinions shared and mutual respect for differing and sometimes opposing views. It's kind of you to share your thinking and routines with those who are also working on this type of effect - especially as it's your working material. Big respect George.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1058 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2014-01-11 12:47, george1953 wrote:
I feel that I must just say afew words here. I see a lot of folks saying this is old technology that everyone knows about. This is true. People are quite aware that magicians also palm cards, so does that stop you doing tricks that relying on palming ? No.
I have been doing this routine for 3 or more years now, slightly different to the routine supplied by Titanas, but essentialy the same. I have never been challenged on it and it ALWAYS leaves them dumbstruck. I alsao have a small radio that I use for the effect and which in the right circumstances, give away at the end of the routine. I live and work in Mallorca, a small Spanish island, and one venue that I work weekly know me not by my name but "that guy that does the radio thing".
When I first saw this release I contacted Titanas and told him of my routine and that I had been doing this for years,we talked a little about ny routine which is different, and he said he liked it. I have since spoken to him about this and with his permission I will offer anyone who has Radio Active my working if you are interested. Just PM me your email address and I will send you my routine. My routine will require you to do a little work with a sound editing program but nothing too difficult, maybe Titanas could make a sound file in the future.
Anyway I will just finish by saying that this for me has been a reputation maker, and I strongly advise you to give it some serious thought, anyone who wants my routine PM me with your email address and a quick explanation of the gimmick that comes with Radio Active, I just don't want people who don't own it fishing for methods, Best wishes to you all, Gerorge


I have to agree I have purchased several items from Titanas and trust me they are all workers
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3965 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I hear some people saying it's use is limited by the decreasing availability of radio on cell phones, etc. I think this device will make for the possibility of stronger and stronger effects in the future. Imagine a day when radios are something only found in museums. You take out your radio from the distant past and turn it on. only static. They think of a song and don't even tell you the song. Suddenly, their songs starts playing on this antique radio.

This is just awesome, today and long into the future!

KJ
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
KJ, I almost never use their phone, and in mmy routine I don't tell them what frequency to tune to. I always have a small very cheap, about $7 radio that I take with me for this effect.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
George, thanks for sharing your routine. Nice idea with an interesting twist.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1094 Posts

Profile of rasp
George thanks for sharing, nice routine and method.

Ian.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
George's routine is amazing and I can't thank him enough for sharing it with all of us.
I am in the process of creating a website for RadioActive where we ll be able to find routines (including George's beautiful version) additonal professional recordings and some extra bits for RadioActive.
Thank you all guys for your comments and your amazing ideas.

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Radio Active Sneak Peak-Titanas (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL