The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Radio Active Sneak Peak-Titanas (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
533 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
Wow!!! Thanks for the info Titanas! I am very excited for this release!!!!!!<<<------The excitement is in the exclamations!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I was quoting Loki. He said they had a transmitter that blocked out the sound of the drive in.
James

[quote]On 2013-11-03 18:04, D0N DASHER wrote:
[quote]On 2013-11-03 17:48, Xiqual wrote:
Something that powerful is illegal by FCC standards.
James
Quote:

No. It isn't.

You must not understand what he is saying. They had an FM transmitter that they could select the frequency on. They will broadcast over any unused frequency. You will not be able to override the broadcast stations but you will be able to interfere with the FM transmission the drive-in theater is sending out.

Neither one is illegal unless it exceeds a certain distance. I think it's about the length of a footbal field.

A lot of the cheap FM transmitters let you select from a couple different frequencies. Try it yourself. Pull out your old Mr. Microphone and head on over to the drive-in.

ⱭD
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
2 - 3 weeks, cant wai
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
This could be really cool.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
stevenfullman
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of stevenfullman
Quote:
On 2013-11-04 05:39, Titanas wrote:
Dear friends,
Thanks for your interest in our new upcoming release.
Radio active will be available in 2-3 weeks.
The retail price will be $49.99 and it comes with a custom manufactured gimmick and a DVD.
Inside the DVD we also provide professionally made audio files of Radio Dj's announcing card selections and esp selections.
We also provide some great sounds for seances.
Best regards,
Titanas

So the promo isn't quite correct when it says: 'think of ANY song'

From your quote, it sounds more like: 'choose a song from THIS list'.

No disrespect meant, of course, but think of ANY song is quite different from choose from 'THIS list of x songs'.

And there's nothing in the demo which suggests a pre-described list -- quite the opposite in fact.

This looks like a great effect...you had me fooled until I concluded the demo missed out the kinda important 'restricted choice' thing.

If I'm wrong, please slap me down. I was thinking of 'Meat is murder', by The Smiths by the way. Would that have been possible if I were your impromptu demo dolly?

Cheers, Steve
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Dear Steve,
What you saw in the full performance video is exactly what happened, we didn't hide anything and that was a free selection without cards involved.
Although in the DVD we cover more ways of selecting a song, some of them are using cards but not in that case.
To reply to you if I was performing the effect for you "meat is murder" would play Smile
What got you confused was probably what I said about the radio dj's card revelatiion or esp revelation that this is obviously a force.
Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-11-04 19:43, Titanas wrote:
Dear Steve,
What you saw in the full performance video is exactly what happened, we didn't hide anything and that was a free selection without cards involved.
Although in the DVD we cover more ways of selecting a song, some of them are using cards but not in that case.
To reply to you if I was performing the effect for you "meat is murder" would play Smile
What got you confused was probably what I said about the radio dj's card revelatiion or esp revelation that this is obviously a force.
Best regards,
Titanas

So you could play any song called for without any prior knowledge of what song they are going to name? That's what it seems like you're describing
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Yes, This is what I am saying Smile
There was no preshow or edit out in that demonstration.
Best regards,
Titanas
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-11-04 19:55, Titanas wrote:
Yes, This is what I am saying Smile
There was no preshow or edit out in that demonstration.
Best regards,
Titanas

Then I think you have a miracle on your hands.

I, for one, will wait for a few reviews. Not that I doubt you, I've just been burned in the past. Smile
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Great decision MagicMaddy Smile
Best regards,
Titanas
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2013-11-02 21:16, WeiserSide1 wrote:
Here is a full performance of the effect in action!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr7VQFA79Z0&feature=youtu.be

Titanas, do the full performance as on thsi video, would you require an accomplice, or is this always done with no assistance?

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Dear Kam,
I can't go into too much specific detail just yet (we must protect the intellectual property)
but I can say that the DVD comes with many different ways to perform the effect,
some which can be performed solo, and some which can be performed with a bit of extra help,
but not in an obvious way. Your help doesn't even have to be there!

Best regards,
Titanas
MrWaddington
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MrWaddington
I am one of the very privileged people to have discussed Radioactive at great length with Titanas and have a full understanding of how this works.

In regards to the video in question, it is simple. The spectator can name literally any song (I always enjoy it more when it is a really obscure song) and that song will play. No fishing, no pre-show, no restrictions on what they can choose.

It really is THAT clean.

Thanks,
Mark
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1516 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
How many predetermined songs are available to be played or picked from if performed with no helper?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
I think the concept of having any song at the ready is fascinating. I look forward to it.

And James, the device I used is like DD said. It is simple.

This one seems to take over broadcast stations, so I have never seen anything like that.
It is surely powerful.

And for the price, I would try it.
Even if to just play any song I want at any time, anywhere. That alone is worth some coin. Smile
(My car has no MP3 input Smile)

L
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
I think I replied more than I should, lets keep some mystery.
I am sure everybody's questions will be replied when the item hits the market.
From now I won't be replying to any more questions that have to do with the method to protect the intellectual property.
it is always amazes me how serious can people be for magic tricks, a few posts before I ve been accused that I wanted to deceive
even though I was openly replying questions. Like I would ever put my reputation on jeopardy just to get a few more sales.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1516 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Just trying to make informed decisions. To many times the hype is misleading. I think this is a valid question How many predetermined songs are available to be played or picked from if performed with no helper?
Why would you want to avoid this question? It is a fair question.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Dear Magicbyswh,
It is not a simple question but I ll try to reply the best I can.
Depending to which SOLO version you chose from the DVD it can be 1 to hundreds.
Just to remove some mystery, you can go to someone with a big pack of business cards with different songs
written on the cards and he can chose any card without any force and that song will play.
This is one of the things you can do. I still prefer the no cards version.

Best regards,
Titanas
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
617 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
I love this idea and a few years ago I would have jumped right on it. My problem with it now is who carries around a radio anymore? It seems to me that outside of the car most people are listening to MP3s players or internet radio. Even in my car I listen to sattelite, or have paired my phone to my car radio via Bluetooth to listen to my favorite MP3s or internet radio. My phone won't even tune FM frequencies. And I can't remember the last time I listened to FM

I hope that I am wrong but radio frequencies for music and news seems to be on its last leg. I think Titanas has been reasonably forthcoming and I hope it does well for him but for me, I just don't know of anyone listening to FM or AM its all Pandora our something similar.

Tatanas I hope you do some querys before outlaying too much capital in manufacturing this. At least here in the USA I am not sure how many opportunities we magicians would have to perform this.

Im not trying to be negative just realistic. I hope you understand I am just trying to voice my concern before you spend a bunch on marketing and manufacturing.
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Dear Dannicus,
Thank you for your post. You have some really valid points.
Here is how I overcome some of these issues that you 've mentioned.
Performing this effect for that long, I could always use someone with an android phones, 90% of the android phones have an FM radio on them.
I don't really care if they ever use the radio in their real life as in my patter I explain that I believe I discovered a glitch in our system and this glitch activates
thru FM radio frequencies. Also appart from the android market, there are many people that use radio in their car and its my favorite effect to perfrom for taxi drivers Smile
There are also many coffee shops around the world that play radio or at least they have a radio device.
Best regards,
Titanas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Radio Active Sneak Peak-Titanas (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL