The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Radio Active Sneak Peak-Titanas (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Thanks for all the kind words, glad you all like my routine. I have a few more ideas that I am trying out at the moment, depending how they turn out I will share them jhere if they work out
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
To all of you that PMed me for the routine I have emailed it to you all, I have had many many requests so if I have overlooked you please PM me again.
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Sorry I'm late to say thank you to you george, thanks for giving me a brilliant idea for radioactive. you're very good. and I will try to practice it. thank you once again.....
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Glad you liked it, it has worked very well for me over the years.
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Thanks for sharing. I will b using it
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Youre welcome
greml1n
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of greml1n
As far as using a "dead" station......I remedy that very easily by pre-recording 8-11 min of a "radio" station in action (dj talking,songs played,ect) so prior to doing the effect, I tune to the station and let it play as I talk to the spectators and when I hear the key phrase that the dj's say I know I have X amount of time before the revelation,pk touch, ect is said or song played. Also being after the revelation I make sure I have a good 5-10 min of extra talk show recorded so I don't have to immediately turn the radio off after.....ect
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Since I got this thought I'd put my thoughts.
So it comes in the mail I'm super excited! Until I open it up. Not sure how any of you think this Gimmick is well made. It looks cheap the on off button looks like it fall off at anytime. But then I think maybe I'm being to harsh I should watch the DVD. Then you tell me on top of buying this I need to connect this to another device for it to work! It's not a self contained unit! Disappointed again.
Sorry everyone but I probably am the only person in the world without a cellphone.
But then again I think ok I have a itouch again maybe I being to harsh again.

So I perform it a multitude of ways and each reaction is eh.....

I have to agree with this tech is way too well known. And to the comment people know a Palm does that mean we don't use it? No but there other factors. Misdirection, and we're not just palming a card and that's it done.
If you do the routine where you say oh I fell like listening or did you ever wish you could just hear your song... I'm sorry but 90% of the time know what's going on.

For those of you that have got good reaction the only way I can think is your performing for teenagers is all I can think of... Now I'm honestly hoping George routine will change my mind... But as a working magician.... This collects dust right now.
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2014-01-15 10:54, MichalMystic wrote:
So it comes in the mail I'm super excited! Until I open it up. Not sure how any of you think this Gimmick is well made. It looks cheap the on off button looks like it fall off at anytime. But then I think maybe I'm being to harsh I should watch the DVD. Then you tell me on top of buying this I need to connect this to another device for it to work! It's not a self contained unit! Disappointed again.
Sorry everyone but I probably am the only person in the world without a cellphone.

I have to agree with this tech is way too well known. And to the comment people know a Palm does that mean we don't use it? No but there other factors. Misdirection, and we're not just palming a card and that's it done.
If you do the routine where you say oh I fell like listening or did you ever wish you could just hear your song... I'm sorry but 90% of the time know what's going on.

For those of you that have got good reaction the only way I can think is your performing for teenagers is all I can think of... Now I'm honestly hoping George routine will change my mind... But as a working magician.... This collects dust right now.

I agree the gimmick seems rather cheaply made. Mine seems to rattle around quite a bit in the housing and the charging port is a little finicky. I'm a little concerned but hopefully it will hold up.

As far as needing to connect it to another device, the ad does state "The custom modified gimmick connects to any sound device, we strongly recommend that you will use it with a smartphone in order to get the most out of the device.". It seemed fairly obvious to me but it wasn't mentioned in the ad when it was first released. I mentioned privately to Titanas that some folks might take issue with that and to his credit he had the ad copy amended the following day.

Not sure why you think performing for teenagers would get a good reaction, they are often more tech savvy than older people. I'm still not sure why everyone's hung up on the tech being well known. There's lots you can do with this and as I mentioned before even if they know "how" you're making it play, they should be amazed at how you know "what" to play. Put a little effort into your presentation, it shouldn't be difficult to come up with something that will work for you. And yes, George's idea is really nice.
James Braund
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of James Braund
Quote:
On 2014-01-15 10:54, MichalMystic wrote:

This is what I was concerned about, agreed the biggest problem is of the tech being widely available and known (and used). Would you try and implement the suggestion above which is I really like of having recording and having playing a few minutes of radio before the reveal? My initial idea was as I mentioned above; to have it sound like it's scanning a frequency (mainly due the fact that the 'having a station recorded and playing' solution requires fairly good timing which, given how I waffle, would likely not work out) but seeing greml1ns solution above I prefer his if the timing can be nailed.

I'm a fan of this concept but use the static in the effect so it isn't a probelm - but I would be very interested to see if solving the dead air problem as per greml1ns suggestion would increase the impact of the effect. I'm sure by removing the obviousness of what is happening to get the reveal you would leave the focus on the actual divination - which is a I mentioned before the main value I can see in this release.

Might be worth a try in order to get some usage out of it before it gets consigned to the place of no return...
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I'm playing with it and loving it..I'll post my review soon... One question for those stateside.what device are you having your spectators use?if its cellphones what apps are you having them use? Pm for more direct question... Good things so far...
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Let me elaborate. When you ask someone to use their device, and they give you a Cell Phone, do all of them have that option? I know Pandora and Sirius but I mean just a regular one?
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
Hi George

I have sent a PM
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Phil, sent you an email.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
It's been a while since I added radio active into my act.
Since then everybody knows me for this trick and everybody asks me to show them "that thing with the radio".
I couldn't ask for more - I really enjoy this.

M P
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
This effect is Awesome and very strong... How many are using it with spectators Cell phones?
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I find with my routine it plays better to use a small FM radio which I can buy locally for about 6 Euros. At the end I can even give it away as a souvenir if I feel like it. M. Pitcher, I know what you mean, I get asked the same thing all the time.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
George you have a link for those radios?
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
I just got a copy of this.
I think that the idea is super cool and I can see this playing really well in certian situations.
I have not tried every location (bars, stores, etc) to see if I can get music playing over louder systems, but that might be an interesting avenue to try. the teaching is straight forward and they go over lots of different scenarios and routines. This has great potential and is something that could work really well on tv. I'll be playing around with this a bit more and then give some updated feelings and thoughts.
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
I just picked this up at Blackpool. I had not heard about it or seen it and knew nothing of the method. When Titanas performed this for me I was BLOWN AWAY. Seriously one of the most amazing moments of magic I have experienced in years. Now I have had a chance to look at it some more I love it even better! I have a specific way in which I want to use this, so until I get a chance to do so I cant speak from performing experience, but the reason I go to a magic convention is to get inspired and be excited about magic. This has got me excited again. If I can give my audience the feeling I got when I saw this a few days ago then I know I will have achieved something pretty special. Titanas thanks for releasing this. It is incredibly good value for money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Radio Active Sneak Peak-Titanas (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL