The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Wired Pearl Beads: Supplier? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern New Jersey
400 Posts

Profile of Jay
Hi all,

I am looking for a supplier/seller of the string of pearls used in Bob Neale's "Zoo Magic" to make small pearl poodle-type figures. The beads do not have string between them, but rather a thin wire so that the figures can be 'sculpted', if you will. I bought a roll at Michael's about 5 years ago, but cannot seem to find them anywhere now. A Magic Café and Google search turned up no fruit. Any help? Thanks, Jay
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Jay
It sure sounds like a fabulous product. If you ever find a supplier of these beeds I would love to use them myself.

Thanks for the info Jay
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3246 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Wire? I've made the poodle with ordinary mardi gras beads. The beads only have to be close enough together that they lock when twisted into position.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Jay
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern New Jersey
400 Posts

Profile of Jay
Hi Mike--yes absolutely correct--that's how I make them as well. However, about 7 years ago Bob Neale put out a little book called "Zoo Magic" which utilized a string of beads which look exactly like the ones you refer to, except they are strung through with a very thin hobby wire. This allowed you to create figures that don't need to rely on the 'locking' aspect of the stringed beads. You could make cobras and stick figures, etc.

If you PM me your email address, I can send you a photo of the spool. For some reason the Café's photo attaching capabilities are down right now.

Regards,
Jay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Wired Pearl Beads: Supplier? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL