The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Michael Rubinstein Penguin LIVE November 10, 2013 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4147 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Hi! I will be giving a two hour plus lecture on commercial coin magic at Penguin on November 10th, with some new ideas you won't want to miss! Here is the promo and link for the lecture: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3786
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS!
https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

Send inquiries to rubinsteindvm@aol.com

Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I won't miss this lecture Michael!
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
967 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I'm looking forward to this.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4147 Posts

Great! Looking forward to having you all there!
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS!

Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
I want to see the Non-gimmicked Copper, Silver, Brass!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Don't forget Sunday, everyone's favorite Veterinarian/Coinjuror takes the stage!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3786
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
45 minutes and Michael takes the stage!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Michael opened by magically produced 4 coins ( using Geoff Latta's "Nowhere Palm" ). He says it's easy and he designed the lecture with that in mind, so that everyone, not just move monkey's can benefit.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I met Michael many, many, years ago, but never saw him lecture. He is fantastic. Wonderful plots and beautiful visuals. So far, everything is within the reach of anyone.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Michael Rubinstein lecture is available for re-watching/downloading.

Every Monday I look like a real zombie because I stay up re-watching the lectures!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4147 Posts

Thanks for the kind words. Which effect did you like best?

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-11-11 20:16, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Thanks for the kind words. Which effect did you like best?

I'm obsessive about the R.O.P.S. technique. You make it look so darn good. Your triple spellbound floored me, so that's another one I'm trying t get up to speed. I have a '64 kennedy, an old tarnished English Penny and a bright red asian coin ( I like that bright contrast ).

It's the kind of lecture you can revisit over and over again and see things you have to learn. I was also struck at how at ease you were performing and teaching. You were very prepared, as if you did the same lecture each night for over a year.

I also LOVED your shtick. I'm a big Henny Youngman fan ( well, anything Vaudeville ) so it appealed to me.

Kudos again to the great camera work at these lectures. They just seem to know what the performer is going to to do and move accordingly. It makes the lectures a joy to watch live.
Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
Not a routine but something tiny that fit into something I do: Your click pass. Thank you for that, Michael!
"There is no reality, only perception."
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4147 Posts

Your very welcome. Which one did you use...the Rubinstein click pass, double turnover click pass, rops single or double click pass and one double click pass where I forgot the name? All were taught.

Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
The problems with a click pass are often that you can't straighten your fingers enough so it looks like a natural toss or that the sound is a little bit off. I think that the Rubinstein click pass solves those problems for some situations. It is also relatively easy.

The most deceptive and amazing click pass in my opinion is Platt's Tumbling muscle click pass. It achieves something else as two coins are not passed instead of one. It is also a little bit more demanding.
"There is no reality, only perception."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Michael Rubinstein Penguin LIVE November 10, 2013 (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL