The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Please Consider Subdividing "Latest and Greatest?" » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2655 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
The posts are fast and furious in that forum and it's hard to keep up with them.

Please consider separating "Latest and Greatest?" into subforums, as has been done in the Reviews section, e.g.:

-Latest and Greatest Effects
-Latest and Greatest Books
-Latest and Greatest Videos
-Latest And Greatest eBooks
-Latest and Greatest Mentalism
-Latest and Greatest Stage Illusions
-Latest and Greatest Accessories

Thank You
Dallas Robbins
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Dallas Robbins
I find myself going to that area often and subdividing it sounds like a good idea.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Definitely support this!
david12345
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of david12345
Another thumbs up for this
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3983 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Personally, I would prefer that section of the Café in one place, rather than being divided into separate sections.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2655 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 00:28, Chessmann wrote:
Personally, I would prefer that section of the Café in one place, rather than being divided into separate sections.

Thanks for contributing to the thread. Could you specify why you prefer having everything(effects, books, videos, eBooks, mentalism, stage illusions, accessories, etc.) in one place?

As it stands, I find that posts are added so often in that forum that topics quickly sink like a stone and off the page. That may not be a problem if you can check in on the Café multiple times per day but when you can't, topics can easily get lost in the shuffle.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3983 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Essentially, so I can see everything in one place rather than going through multiple topics.

If there were so many items in Latest and Greatest that it was cumbersome to scroll through everything, then I might think differently, but as it stands now (for me), there is not so much traffic that makes looking in on Latest and Greatest once or twice a day an issue. For me it is a better balance of time and convenience.

Also, with separate sections, it would be easier to miss something that might that I might find interesting in a section that I might not frequent. Kind of an, "Hmmm, that looks interesting. I would have missed that if it had been in the XXXX section of Latest and Greatest.

So, no huge problem with it either way, just my own preference.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4816 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thanks for the suggestions - will give it some thought. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Please Consider Subdividing "Latest and Greatest?" » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL