The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » COLIN PERFORMS IN NEW YORK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Hey guys! Just a heads up for those who live in the states and haven't had the chance to see one of our most profound contributors perform in the real world...

Colin McCloud is going to be performing his sold out show 'See what you want to see' in New York on December 6th! It's just a one off so you won't want to miss it. I believe there are still tickets left but anyone that is planning to be in the New York area around this time should definitely try to make it out. Also, if you're in the area you need to check out Derek and Helder's show 'Nothing to Hide'. Two incredible shows, one place! You can thank me later. Smile

I believe you can get tickets here.

http://www.colincloud.com

http://www.nothingtohidenyc.com/
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Thanks for the heads up! Colin is also doing a lecture at Tannen's the night before, on the 5th. I've been told he's also conducting a workshop at Tannen's on the 8th.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

The Tannen's lecture will also serve to launch Colin's new book, "Divine."

The Sunday workshop is a 6 hour master class called "The Art of Knowing."

Details on the book and the master class can be found in the secure area of Colin's web site:
http://colincloud.com/colleagues/
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
I'm wondering if Colin has changed his surname by dropping the 'Mc' from 'McCloud'? The blurb on the website says 'Colin Cloud', not 'Colin McCloud'.

Regards,
Lar.
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Brandon tell him to come to LA.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-04 23:08, Alwow wrote:
Brandon tell him to come to LA.

According to his web site, he'll be in Los Angeles in February.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I think since his surname is spelt McLeod but pronounced McLoud that the change to Cloud is probably a deliberate move. I like it but no doubt some will want to rain on his...erm...cloud.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Hey guys, hope you're all wonderful!

The name thing is easy, I don't want people searching to book me and then finding my books and DVDs ... So now with the new theatre show going ahead, this made it easy.

Can't wait to see New York. First time there and what started as a trip to see 'Nothing to Hide' has now become a one off performance of my show 'see what you want to see,' a lecture, masterclass and launch of my book 'Divine.' So it should be fun! Busy. But fun!

Looking forward to putting faces to names if you can make it along.

Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
This sounds amazing...I have a *** DJ gig Friday night otherwise I'd kill to see this!!!!
neemdog
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of neemdog
Can't wait to see your show Colin! Hope you have some time to have a blast in the city.
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Hey Colin,

Now you are McCloud Smile Any relation to the Marshall in NY?

David
Stu Montgomery
View Profile
Veteran user
St Petersburg FL
354 Posts

Profile of Stu Montgomery
Just can't help but like everything about Colin...including the fresh image. Just wish I could get my Scottish West Coast accent toned down a wee bit for when I'm in the States...even my American born, Scottish raised wife struggles at times! Anyway, anyone from Tampa Bay area a fan of Colins'?
"Round about what is, lies a whole mysterious world of might be" Longfellow.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Good thinking about the surname change. If you are a creator / writer, it is really important in this day & age.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I hope to be there
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Thanks guys.

Can't wait to see you.

Preview shows have been amazing and the show is really coming together to off the experience I really want to be sharing with my audiences. So in really excited for you to come and see it, enjoy it and, ideally, rave about it!

See you all soon.

Col
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
I first met Colin at MindVention in 2010. Immediately impressed by his wit, creative mind and genuine approachability. Well worth the price of admission in NYC I am sure!
John
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Just a reminder that it's Colin (Mc)Cleod week in NYC!

Lecture on Thursday!

Performance on Friday!

Master Class on Sunday!
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Lots of good stuff at the lecture last night. Highlights for me were performances/explanations of:

-Colin's "Safe Opener" and an expanded version using four bags
-The "Bookless Test" with added subtleties, including an alternative to the s***** thingy
-"By Association" a nice prediction/persuasion effect using the premise of word association
-The Dunninger ploy, including how to do it when working with small groups as well as a way of practicing it

Good to see folks like Marc Salem, Eric Dittelman, and Sam Eaton in attendance.

Looking forward to attending Colin's show tonight!

One complaint: Since Colin's arrival in New York, the visibility outside has been awful. I heard of "the fog on the Tyne" but did he have to bring it with him? Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Only if he has become a geordie, rather than a scots (i was gonna use the rhyming slang for a scotsman then, but it might annoy any reading it)...
I've asked to be banned
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

I guess I can't keep my Tynes straight!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Tyne,_Scotland

True enough, I don't see much fog in the photo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » COLIN PERFORMS IN NEW YORK (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL