The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Stage Fright (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 13:41, Sicnatius wrote:
...got to resist creating a twitter account just to see the picture....

Is the link only available to those with a Twitter account?
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
I never actually used twitter, but I think you need an account to view content there.
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Thanks for sending me those pictures via PM Roth!

That looks incredible cool! Can't wait to see more!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 18:01, Sicnatius wrote:
Thanks for sending me those (PICTURES) via PM Roth!

That looks incredible cool! Can't wait to see more!

The Ricky Horror Picture Show
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
"Tell us about it,Janet"
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
I must say, Rick is a fabulous designer. The fabric, size and color of the curtain is perfect and makes a real impact in spite of its small size. He chose a soft honeysuckle light rose red. On seeing the color it was love at first sight, the curtain is delicate with its monochrome design with a hint of country yet utterly modern at the same time. The curtain looks stunning when exposed to glorious sunshine.

The curtain's feeling of richness and weight that can not be imitated, while all the while having a slight floaty appearance. When this curtain is combined with fabulous furnishings and subtle accents and gorgeous wall treatments, the curtain does not simply act as a foil to enhance the loveliness, no, it adds so much more, it invokes a state of transcended mystery rarely seen on this earth.

Tim
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
I've been buying a lot of Outlaw Effects work recently and Rick was kind enough to send me a couple cool advance photos and a brief description of the possibilities for this unique effect. It looks very, very cool.
I'm definitely a fan of Rick and Outlaw.
MrWall
View Profile
New user
Wished he had more than
99 Posts

Profile of MrWall
Just noticed the video and full details are now up on the OE site.
:)
MrWall
View Profile
New user
Wished he had more than
99 Posts

Profile of MrWall
Ah, also noticed the thread that Rick posted about it. Durr. I must use my eyes.. Ha.
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
That's so awesome.... The idea is so sweet, giving the spirit cabinet a nice back-story, having the option to work hands free or even include thread work is superb.

I really have problems resisting...
armymagic
View Profile
New user
Mesa AZ, USA
87 Posts

Profile of armymagic
OK, so I had to actually log into the Café on my computer instead of my iphone, just so I could type easily enough for this review. Im the lucky holder of #007 (im like the bizarre James Bond!) and I gotta say, my initial reactions upon opening the package were ones of amazement and joy. The pictures that are put up on the outlaw site certainly do not do it near enough justice. This stage just exudes freaky old victorian style, and it is perfectly aged. I have not yet had a chance to test it on an actual audience, by my typical compatriots are all equally impressed.
As for the werks, this thing is lovely. The panel to access the special ingredients (all 32 of them!) is easily accessed and secured differently than most outlaw items. The fact that there are four em coi!s is wonderful, as it brings about 4 times the fun. It does seem to be cumbersome to use two rem*tes for the stage main and the roof, but the simple addition of a friend should help. My stage main rem*te has the D button already set to the roof, so that makes it easier. I love that this effect actually has the schematic for where the em coi!s are located. It made it much easier to set up and test than some of the other outlaw items, such as the sp!ritus and the d@arkbo@rd. On the same token though, this stage is just as much fun finding the sweet spots as any other item.
The props themselves that come with the stage are equally fantastic and exquisitely done. It should be noted though that the china ware shown in the Eddie Garland film (wonderful film by the way Eddie) are not included. I made the mistake of assuming that they came with it, and accussed Rick of not missing part of my order, so just want to make sure no one sle is as foolish as I was. With that being said, it shouldnt be too hard to find some suitable dollhouse china. The other beauty in my opinion is the bell. I like the new design, especially as I can now fit a bell in the drawer for my sp!r!tus magnus! All in all, this looks to be a wonderful piece, and I look forward to using it to scare the jeebies out of some little girls next halloween!
The action itself is wonderful, with the rem*te easily controlling the different pieces in order. For me personally, I just live the rocking horse as it looks creepy as sin. The table flies clear out if the curtain, and when placed right, the grandfather click twists and turns, it is absolutely awesome. I'm thinking that I may have to go shopping for some other doll furniture to gimmick so as to have more versatility.

Find a way to buy this, seriously gorgeous bizarre artifact!
Love me or hate me, but you'll never forget me!
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Thanks for the review. Can't wait for mine. Smile
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Man I really wana order this, but Im still waiting for my Toybox & Luna! I need to get them for my gigs to save up for the stage Lol!!
themaurie
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of themaurie
Even more excited now! Can't wait for mine!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
9 Piece Dainty and Delicate Ceramic Rose Tea Set- For Dollhouses, Miniature Displays and Crafting
$6.99
I only used the cups, plates and saucers.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C6FFL60

I am sure you can find a much better price...I was in a hurry.
themaurie
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of themaurie
Quote:
On 2013-12-01 23:56, Eddie Garland wrote:
9 Piece Dainty and Delicate Ceramic Rose Tea Set- For Dollhouses, Miniature Displays and Crafting
$6.99
I only used the cups, plates and saucers.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C6FFL60

I am sure you can find a much better price...I was in a hurry.

Thanks Eddie!
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
My wife found me pondering a recent acquisition that arrived on my doorstep today:

WIFE: Oooo…I used to have a dollhouse when I was little!

ME: This isn't a “dollhouse.”

WIFE: Well, it has dollhouse furniture.

ME: This is something darker...

WIFE: (She starts to reach for one of the pieces of furniture…)

ME: Careful…you’ll make her angry.

WIFE: (hesitating for just a moment) Make who angry?

ME: The child spirit that haunts this little stage...

WIFE: Whatever…nice table though....

ME: I wouldn't touch that...not unless you ask her nicely.

WIFE: Seriously? We're doing this?

Blamm! The table flies out of the little stage.

WIFE: Oh, sh*t! Ha! Nice! Does it do anything else?

ME: Well, as a matter of fact...

Curtains/StageFright is an absolutely wonderful haunted prop with lots of opportunities. Anything from one odd happenstance occurrence (did I really just see that little rocking horse move?), to an evening’s seance full of Sefalaljia-type effects and much, much more.

For years I have wanted a haunted dollhouse. But I never found the time to buy/build the house, much less have the time or skills to properly rig it to do some crazy stuff beyond Sefalaljia bits. But now, thanks to Rick and his elves at Outlaw, I finally have my haunted “dollhouse”. I think this is going to be a classic from Outlaw.

The aging is outstanding…and looks like a genuine creepy antique. In fact, in between uses, it will find a place on display in my home among my wife’s collection of antiques.

The doll house furniture provided with the prop is the real deal, wooden furniture. This is not plastic or “wafer-thin” wood furniture. The rocking horse is very well balanced and results in about as natural a rocking as you can get given the physics of the the situation. And the table is built like a little wooden tank…it has to be, with all the abuse it is going to be taking from that nasty little spirit.

Highly recommended.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
armymagic
View Profile
New user
Mesa AZ, USA
87 Posts

Profile of armymagic
Curse you Rick and your little outlaw monkeys. You have caused me, a decorated & respected combat veteran, to purchase dollhouse furniture on the web just to satisfy my desire to have some more evil happening on my stage. Seriously though, I've had this now for a bit and it is still fricking awesome!! I tell you, I'm going to have some fun tricking out a skeleton hanging from a noose in the corner by the fireplace!
Love me or hate me, but you'll never forget me!
themaurie
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of themaurie
Mine arrived today!

It exceeds my incredibly high expectations.

It's absolutely beautiful!

Great detailed instructions and they are even funny!

It's very well made and I love the little details in the room and on the objects.

Already inspiring ideas for performance.

Love it!
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I don't own Stage Fright and I don't know if the scales match but you get some interesting results when you go to the big online auction site and do a search on:
"dollhouse miniature Jack the Ripper"
"dollhouse miniature witch"
"dollhouse minaiture wiccan"
"dollhouse minaiture witch"
"dollhouse miniature Poe"
"dollhouse miniature Titanic"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Stage Fright (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL