The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vapr by Will Tsai (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..33..36..39..42..45..46~47~48 [Next]
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Not that I think the noise would be an issue (I have pure smoke and never been caught) has anyone thought of using a soundproofing material to minimize vibration thus hindering the sound? Its just a thought then the device could be solely activated via the remote. I would assume it would work. However under normal conditions I cant see this being heard.


-Bobby
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1694 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I received this today and had a chance to give it a whirl.

The product itself is well built. Very cleverly constructed and really is a thing is beauty. Its hard to appreciate from the videos and photos online just how small it really is. The arm bands are great quality and the extra cartridges are a nice touch. The smoke really is beautiful a thick. I tested it next to Pure Smoke to really see if there was a difference and there really is! The DVD, whilst brief, explains most things and even gives some tips on how to use the remote in different settings.

All in all, I would recommend the product highly!

However, 30 minutes after playing with it, the pre-charge that was in the unit upon its arrive ran out. No problem. I get out the charger and charge up the main unit. Then I screw in the atomiser and unfortunately, nothing happens. Sadly, my charge cable is busted and because of the reverse thread screw they have used, I don't believe I can use another charging cable from a different e-cig for example. This is annoying but of course, these things happen. Emailing Sans Minds, I wasn't very confident of the outcome. However, to their credit, they replied promptly and politely-ish.

Sadly, although the unit is new out of the box, its unusable and its totally not down to me, I will have to pay for the item to be sent over to the UK. This is a bit of a shame considering I've just spent a lot of money on a product that is un-usable not down to my own error. I will now have to also wait a fair time for the replacement to come in and also spend more on the item on top of what I had previously spent. Its a little bit disappointing. But I shall just have to grin and bare it!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 19:16, JamieD wrote:
I received this today and had a chance to give it a whirl.


However, 30 minutes after playing with it, the pre-charge that was in the unit upon its arrive ran out. No problem. I get out the charger and charge up the main unit. Then I screw in the atomiser and unfortunately, nothing happens. Sadly, my charge cable is busted and because of the reverse thread screw they have used, I don't believe I can use another charging cable from a different e-cig for example. This is annoying but of course, these things happen. Emailing Sans Minds, I wasn't very confident of the outcome. However, to their credit, they replied promptly and politely-ish.

Jamie Daws


If you in UK the Volatge is 240, the charger adapt comes is 110V only, if you use it then it will burn the unit. Is it the situation happen to you cause damage? Or my understanding is incorrect?
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 19:16, JamieD wrote:
I received this today and had a chance to give it a whirl.

The product itself is well built. Very cleverly constructed and really is a thing is beauty. Its hard to appreciate from the videos and photos online just how small it really is. The arm bands are great quality and the extra cartridges are a nice touch. The smoke really is beautiful a thick. I tested it next to Pure Smoke to really see if there was a difference and there really is! The DVD, whilst brief, explains most things and even gives some tips on how to use the remote in different settings.

All in all, I would recommend the product highly!

However, 30 minutes after playing with it, the pre-charge that was in the unit upon its arrive ran out. No problem. I get out the charger and charge up the main unit. Then I screw in the atomiser and unfortunately, nothing happens. Sadly, my charge cable is busted and because of the reverse thread screw they have used, I don't believe I can use another charging cable from a different e-cig for example. This is annoying but of course, these things happen. Emailing Sans Minds, I wasn't very confident of the outcome. However, to their credit, they replied promptly and politely-ish.

Sadly, although the unit is new out of the box, its unusable and its totally not down to me, I will have to pay for the item to be sent over to the UK. This is a bit of a shame considering I've just spent a lot of money on a product that is un-usable not down to my own error. I will now have to also wait a fair time for the replacement to come in and also spend more on the item on top of what I had previously spent. Its a little bit disappointing. But I shall just have to grin and bare it!

Jamie Daws


Hey Jamie!


The voltage has to be in 110. Try to charge with the USB from a laptop. It's a pretty safe way to charge it.

Also, to test of it's issue with the cord, try to charge it with a cell phone cable and see if the unit lights up!

-Kyle
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1694 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey guys,

We did indeed charge it with a lap top and not a normal charger. Half of the charging unit was working and half was not.

Thanks for your reply Kyle. What do you mean, try to charge it with a cell phone cable?

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Just from a person who has not bought this unit and probably won't buy one, there does seem to be a lot of issues/problems with this effect. If you bought this from a high street shop and had all these problems, having paid a lot of money for it, would you be satisfied? I expect you would be demanding your money back on the spot. It does seem the Magic community puts up with a much poorer service than you would expect for such a high price!!
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On 2013-12-06 06:29, JamieD wrote:


Thanks for your reply Kyle. What do you mean, try to charge it with a cell phone cable?

Jamie Daws


I would assume he is takking about the cell phone micro usb charger. See if your cell charger will work. Just my guess
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22436 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If that is true, that the charger only comes in 110 Volts, then charging with the computer would also have to much voltage for the charger, their computers also run at a 220 volts.

So my question would be, why are they supplying the wrong charger to foreign countries with higher voltage that would burn out the chargers. Is their a voltage selection switch on the charging unit?

Foreign country customers would have to obtain a voltage reducer unit to charge the unit.
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
I guess he mean you change the cable to your phone cable if both ends match original cable.
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Quote:
On 2013-12-06 07:14, Bill Hegbli wrote:
If that is true, that the charger only comes in 110 Volts, then charging with the computer would also have to much voltage for the charger, their computers also run at a 220 volts.
So my question would be, why are they supplying the wrong charger to foreign countries with higher voltage that would burn out the chargers. Is their a voltage selection switch on the charging unit?
Foreign country customers would have to obtain a voltage reducer unit to charge the unit.


you are wrong. it supply the adapter 110v means input to it is 110v that is why you can not its adapter to plug in 220v wall power to charge. But with computer you only use USB cable without that adpater connect to unit. So it shall no any problem.
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Quote:
On 2013-12-06 07:14, Bill Hegbli wrote:
If that is true, that the charger only comes in 110 Volts, then charging with the computer would also have to much voltage for the charger, their computers also run at a 220 volts.

So my question would be, why are they supplying the wrong charger to foreign countries with higher voltage that would burn out the chargers. Is their a voltage selection switch on the charging unit?

Foreign country customers would have to obtain a voltage reducer unit to charge the unit.

It's a USB charger, the voltage in the USB port should not change depending on mains voltage.
I'm guessing that the problem Jamie is having is in charging the battery attached to the atomiser rather than the box at the other end which appears to have a mini-USB plug for charging. Is that right?
I love sponges
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1694 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Yes, the atomiser is the part that isn't charging. The other end is charging.

Corin, you are right. We do put up with poorer service. Had this been from a shop, I would have taken it back straight away and asked for a replacement.

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22436 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just watched the Craig Petty and Dave Penn product review and they do not mention anything regarding problems or concerns to charge this device. David did mention that the switches were confusing at 1st to get it operational.

Well, who knows why it is not taking a charge of is not operating as it should. Sounds like they will fix it, if JamieD returns it, which means they are standing behind their product.

Sorry, if JamieD feels that he must pay the postage to return is unfair, but I guess on such high priced items, this policy was not addressed by JamieD or the place he purchased it from.

The manufacturer does have to see the unit to know what is wrong with it, to fix it. I would imagine that just blindly sending out a replacement would not be in the best interest of the manufacturer.

This is one thing that is wrong with Internet purchasing. I just purchased a new computer motherboard, and it was defective and very dead out of the box, as they say. I returned the board 3 times before I received one that worked. I had to pay the postage to send it back each time. They at least paid the postage to send the replacements.
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
I think Australia uses 240, so should I just stick with the laptop/Desktop charging ? I intended to buy this off penguin but for a high price product that looking here has quite a number of defective units, I pre ordered of my local magic store, so they can deal with returning back to sansmind+shipping of they was an issue.
Anything is Possible
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1694 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Bill Hegbli, I totally understand when something goes wrong with a product. It does happen and has recently happened to me. In-fact, I've been purchasing magic from the internet since the age of 16 from all over the world. Most of the time from individual creators who do not have the resources of a magic company. This is the first time I have been asked to pay something towards the replacement of a defective item. To their credit, as of yet, sans minds have not asked me to send the defective charger back to them.

Not to blow this out of proportion because it really isn't that big of a deal, just a bit of a bug bare. But Ive had defective books and DVDs that I've sent out to people all over the world at no cost to the customer. I think you'll find, the majority of creators who have the same issue, also take the cost as its not the customers fault. They have paid for a product. It doesn't work. Not only that, but now they have to wait for the replacement which would take god knows how long. Its an inconvenience to a customer who has put their faith and money in your product. Its such a small thing for a creator or company to do, but it makes all the difference to the customer.

It could mean the difference to them not only purchasing from you again, but also, recommending your products/ company to other people and in our business, word of mouth generates a lot of revenue!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
smudgedj
View Profile
New user
Cochabamba, Bolivia
82 Posts

Profile of smudgedj
Quote:
On 2013-12-06 07:55, JamieD wrote:
Bill Hegbli, I totally understand when something goes wrong with a product. It does happen and has recently happened to me. In-fact, I've been purchasing magic from the internet since the age of 16 from all over the world. Most of the time from individual creators who do not have the resources of a magic company. This is the first time I have been asked to pay something towards the replacement of a defective item. To their credit, as of yet, sans minds have not asked me to send the defective charger back to them.

Not to blow this out of proportion because it really isn't that big of a deal, just a bit of a bug bare. But Ive had defective books and DVDs that I've sent out to people all over the world at no cost to the customer. I think you'll find, the majority of creators who have the same issue, also take the cost as its not the customers fault. They have paid for a product. It doesn't work. Not only that, but now they have to wait for the replacement which would take god knows how long. Its an inconvenience to a customer who has put their faith and money in your product. Its such a small thing for a creator or company to do, but it makes all the difference to the customer.

It could mean the difference to them not only purchasing from you again, but also, recommending your products/ company to other people and in our business, word of mouth generates a lot of revenue!

Jamie Daws


They've supplied you with something that doesn't work and then they want you to pay for the postage to replace that item? You've already paid for the postage when you ordered the first time; not your problem that their QC is lacking. I'd get your money back.
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
Oh jeeeeeeeze... I get mine tommorow ..... don't worry guys... you will get THE MOST HONEST review from me... ill post some videos of studio and "real live" performances of this "device"... any questions about it, ill be happy to answer too ;D
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22436 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The motherboard issue with me was that the original web store would not exchange the defective motherboard, so I had to deal with the warranty and the manufacturer. So I actually doubled the price by trying to get a replacement that worked.

On another note, a Florida store sold me a hat and did not bother to say it was 3 times larger then normal hat sizes. They also did not pay for returns, so I thought the worst of both evils, keep the hat and throw away $130 or return the at for $30 postage. Yes, needless to say I will never do business with this store again, but I am still out $60 that went totally to postage and looking at something for 5 minutes.

Magic suppliers are not the only ones that do not want to absorb return or replacement costs in this inflationary marketplace.

JamieD, you are in the quandary, either pay the extra postage or have a piece of equipment that does not work. It is your decision, and only you know what you can live with. Good luck on your decision, it is a hard one to make from my experience.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
If you live in the uk, buy it from a uk supplier. There are all sorts of laws that protect you. If you pay with a credit card or by paypal there is even better protection. There is a bit of law called the sale of goods act that means a product must be fit for purpose. As an example I bought a tv, it packed up after 18 months (after 1 year warranty) but due to this law it is felt a tv should be expected to last more than 18 months. I got 2/3 of money back.

I still think having to pay to sort out a problem with a product that costs over £100 is diabolical service. It astounds me that people tolerate it.
WizTom
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of WizTom
I just received an Email from "World Magic Shop". "VAPR" is back in stock and has been sent to me. But now I'm thinking about using "Vapr". How can I do it best? Should I try it out first and then recharge. And can I connect it to the USB port or not? Do I need a 110 volt adapter? I'm getting "VAPR" on Monday / Tuesday and am afraid to try it ... :-/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vapr by Will Tsai (74 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..33..36..39..42..45..46~47~48 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL