The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vapr by Will Tsai (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..34..37..40..43..46~47~48 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-12-06 11:12, 2012multimagic wrote:
Oh jeeeeeeeze... I get mine tommorow ..... don't worry guys... you will get THE MOST HONEST review from me... ill post some videos of studio and "real live" performances of this "device"... any questions about it, ill be happy to answer too ;D


THANK YOU for taking the time to do that!
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
Quote:
On 2013-12-06 13:36, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-06 11:12, 2012multimagic wrote:
Oh jeeeeeeeze... I get mine tommorow ..... don't worry guys... you will get THE MOST HONEST review from me... ill post some videos of studio and "real live" performances of this "device"... any questions about it, ill be happy to answer too ;D


THANK YOU for taking the time to do that!



No problem at all ! .. A pleasure Smile
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
Archey
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Archey
So is there anyone with it here from the UK who hasn't had grief with it? If so how are you charging it? I've got it coming and don't want to wreck it by charging it wrong.
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
Well..today is the day !!!:O:O:O:O.... ill be letting you know ...
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
..soooooo ... so far freaking excellent...

..works direct from box, minimum noise... going too fully charge unit(s) now, and ill be back to you guys with what I think .. any questions feel free too ask ;D

Marc ;D
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
Hum..i did attach an image with my last post ?.. I can’t see it ?? sorry new too this forum not sure if I did it correctly ;S
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
WizTom
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of WizTom
I live in Germany. Can I connect it to a USB port / PC with 240 volt or not? Do I need a 110 volt adapter? Works direct from the Box. Great. How long do I need to charge it? Any other things I have to take care of? Get mine on Tuesday... Congratulations to your new Magic Toy Smile
The0mas
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of The0mas
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 05:20, 2012multimagic wrote:
Hum..i did attach an image with my last post ?.. I can’t see it ?? sorry new too this forum not sure if I did it correctly ;S

Can't see any image
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1820 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
In all of Europe we run on 240w

So pluging in a 110w item without an adapter is a sure way to burn out the unit !

Any dealer worth his salt should warn you of this !

If they did not then under uk law you would be well entitled to a refund

I think this is why it is worth waiting for the much better alternative version due out any day
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
Okay..so... everything charged perfectly of my MacBook Pro... the smoke is even thicker, whiter and lingers longer now everything has charged....this is just beautiful !!... maybe I’m lucky that (so far) no problems what so ever ?...

People that are having sleepless nights from the “sound” it makes ..jeeeeeze... don't !! lol... when activated in a normal everyday environment, gig ect.. not even you will hear the very minimal sound that it makes. !!....

I honestly can’t rate this device high enough... I just hope in the next few days , I don’t return with my tail between my legs and start on negatives ;S ....

For people in the UK that are worried about the voltage situation..just charge of you laptop/comp... like I said , it charged perfectly of my MacBook Pro , no over heating , no burn outs at all !...

I hope that my VAPR carrys on working like a dream , and for the small amount of people that are having issues, I hope you get them resolved ASAP..if you have any questions that I may be able to help you with ...please don’t hesitate too contact me ;D

Marc Smile
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3725 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 09:24, 2012multimagic wrote:
Okay..so... everything charged perfectly of my MacBook Pro... the smoke is even thicker, whiter and lingers longer now everything has charged....this is just beautiful !!... maybe I’m lucky that (so far) no problems what so ever ?...

People that are having sleepless nights from the “sound” it makes ..jeeeeeze... don't !! lol... when activated in a normal everyday environment, gig ect.. not even you will hear the very minimal sound that it makes. !!....

I honestly can’t rate this device high enough... I just hope in the next few days , I don’t return with my tail between my legs and start on negatives ;S ....

For people in the UK that are worried about the voltage situation..just charge of you laptop/comp... like I said , it charged perfectly of my MacBook Pro , no over heating , no burn outs at all !...

I hope that my VAPR carrys on working like a dream , and for the small amount of people that are having issues, I hope you get them resolved ASAP..if you have any questions that I may be able to help you with ...please don’t hesitate too contact me ;D

Marc Smile


I do not mean to rain on your parade, but it is interesting that you and a few others are so happy just because it actually got a full charge and worked at least for the meantime. It is like buying an expensive HD television, pluggin it in and when it turns on I call up all of my friends and family telling them I am so happy that my brand new $2,000.00 40 inch TV actually turned on, but have not watched any shows yet. I am glad that your Vapr is working (at least for now) and hope it continues to work but I think this shows that our expectations are so low when it comes to quality and functunality of this and other effects.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 09:56, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 09:24, 2012multimagic wrote:
Okay..so... everything charged perfectly of my MacBook Pro... the smoke is even thicker, whiter and lingers longer now everything has charged....this is just beautiful !!... maybe I’m lucky that (so far) no problems what so ever ?...

People that are having sleepless nights from the “sound” it makes ..jeeeeeze... don't !! lol... when activated in a normal everyday environment, gig ect.. not even you will hear the very minimal sound that it makes. !!....

I honestly can’t rate this device high enough... I just hope in the next few days , I don’t return with my tail between my legs and start on negatives ;S ....

For people in the UK that are worried about the voltage situation..just charge of you laptop/comp... like I said , it charged perfectly of my MacBook Pro , no over heating , no burn outs at all !...

I hope that my VAPR carrys on working like a dream , and for the small amount of people that are having issues, I hope you get them resolved ASAP..if you have any questions that I may be able to help you with ...please don’t hesitate too contact me ;D

Marc Smile


I do not mean to rain on your parade, but it is interesting that you and a few others are so happy just because it actually got a full charge and worked at least for the meantime. It is like buying an expensive HD television, pluggin it in and when it turns on I call up all of my friends and family telling them I am so happy that my brand new $2,000.00 40 inch TV actually turned on, but have not watched any shows yet. I am glad that your Vapr is working (at least for now) and hope it continues to work but I think this shows that our expectations are so low when it comes to quality and functunality of this and other effects.

Michael


Hi Michael,

I’m only telling people what my device is like and how its working , charging ect ...

A lot of peoples concerns were with the unit(s) either not holding charge or not charging at all... mine, (thankfully) is all good..

My expectation for this was actually high.. I never purchased other smoke devices ,as for them, my expectation was low (and I think was right in thinking that ??)...

So far all good... I’m actually taking it out into “real world” ( I hate that phrase lol ) tonight.. so will let you know my feelings about it once I’ve actually worked with VAPR...my opinion may well change, but for now.. I genuinely can’t say anything bad about it...

Marc Smile
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22388 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have some more important questions that deal with the longevity of the device.

1. Can the rechargeable batteries be replaced? As most rechargeable batteries only last a year, if kept fully charged every month.

2. So can the devices use ordinary batteries?

3. Do you have to charge the remote and the motor device? or just one of the devices? As I see a mini USB port on both each in Craig and David's review.

I read twice that member upon receiving it immediately tried it out with the small charge left in by the manufacturer. It is my understanding that modern rechargeable batteries should not be left to drain near out or completely out, as this will make the battery unusable. All my rechargeable batteries say to keep fully changed, because if you let I only half charge, then the memory chip in them will then be changed to that point of a half charge.

I just dislike rechargeable batteries as they always drain so fast. Even when not in use, I have to keep them charged every month, just one more task to do every month while be stored.

Is any of these concerns addressed in the instructions?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3725 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Marc,

I certainly hope that you will get many years of good use of Vapr and look forward to reading your opinion after you have tried it out in front of spectators.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
smudgedj
View Profile
New user
Cochabamba, Bolivia
82 Posts

Profile of smudgedj
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 05:29, WizTom wrote:
I live in Germany. Can I connect it to a USB port / PC with 240 volt or not? Do I need a 110 volt adapter? Works direct from the Box. Great. How long do I need to charge it? Any other things I have to take care of? Get mine on Tuesday... Congratulations to your new Magic Toy Smile


Yes of course you can connect. All USB ports work on the same voltage.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
OKAY, I AM BACK, WITH WHAT I CONSIDER A VERY IMPORTANT INPUT TO THE WORLD OF VAPR...

----

Got my replacement product from Magic Shop and, it works great again out of the box, though I am terrified of charging it... Well, I did test it through the laptop which worked fine, but I will NOT use the plug wall charger again, if, that is what did cause damage last time. If so, I cannot believe this product has been put out as it is. I really wonder what the returns rate has been?? What I do find kinda weird, is, this one seems quieter than the last.... but could just be my imagination.

So, working, finally, I had a chance to test this properly today, and, I have have brand new opinions on the device.

I stick by what I said in my original review - the device is super slick and really is a thing of beauty. The size, ergonomics, design... all a pleasure to use, making it the neatest smoke device out there. But is it the best?

...No.

No it actually isn't. It's the best in terms of design, aesthetics, and yes, the idea of the remote control is nice... BUT THE HONEST TRUTH IS, VAPR, is still, not as good as Magic Smoke V2 by illusioncraft.

Today I did a DIRECT comparison. MAGIC SMOKE IS STILL a better performer. Firstly, though Vapr smoke is whiter and fluffier, it DOES NOT produce as much smoke PUFF FOR PUFF as Magic Smoke. Nowhere near. In fact, I will go as far as saying MS produces almost twice as much smoke. Why? The pump. Put simply, the pump with Vapr is weak. The wire is thin and with one press of the button you only get a small amount of air flowing through. NOW, I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE gonna say - why not hold down the button for longer and you get as much smoke as you like? YES, THIS IS INDEED TRUE, but, Magic Smoke V2 is still better for producing smoke. Why? It all goes back to the pump - with vapr, the pump is just so weak, the smoke barely reaches the end of your hand,,,, in fact, it dissipates, goes back on itself, before it even reaches your palm. With Magic smoke, the pump is REAL AIR, you get a lovely big big puff of air which pushes the smoke of of your hand - therefore it looks more impressive. Instead of a white trickle, you get a big stream bursting out.

Magic Smoke V2 is still the best. I am sure of it. In fact, I think I will carry on using this, over Vapr. I just cannot justify using vapr, no matter how sleek it is, if the smoke is not as powerful as MS.

I really wish I never bought Vapr. Not because it isn;t a good product, but because I already had one that does the job, better. I ONLY bought it because I couldn't get some replacement parts for MS to sustain it.... yet after I bought Vapr I managed to get them. AHHHH.. D A M N.

========

Now, moving on, lets talk about the remote control. Honestly, I just cannot, really, see the point of this? The only value in the remote is to trigger the device when it is NOT ON YOUR BODY, but, can someone PLEASE give me a reason for this, other than playing pranks? The device is too big to fit in a coffee cup, deck of cards, wallet etc..... other than a big stage act, I just cannot find a use for remote triggering? It's just too big to be used like this... even the coffee cup demo on the trailer is deliberately cut off not to show the positioning of the DEVICE, not in the cup obviously...

----


So there you go. My final review from someone who bought into the hype, loved the device out of the box, had a faulty device, had the pain of sending it back, and now finally had the chance to test it out properly.

CONCLUSION:

Vapr is the most high tech smoke device out there, and, is actually a lovely smoke product. But honestly... stick with Magic Smoke V2, especially if Illusioncraft bring the price down, which I think they are going to.... If you don;t have a smoke device, then maybe VAPR is worth the investment.

Good luck all.
Modern Day Jesus and Creator:

REVELATION GUM - Chewed Gum into Impossible Shape
MAGICALL- The Fake Call App For Magicians
THE WILLY - The Rudest Trick You Can Do

#TeamSaturn
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I don't have any of the smoke devices, but based on the recent videos featuring Vapr, I'm inclined to go with that one.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1632 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
So the first time I charged my unit was when I took it out of the box, worked wonderfully. Since then, the atomizer end has been very hit and miss as far as getting it to light up and recharge. Today, I unscrewed it from the charger but instead of it coming out, the copper screw remained stuck in the charger and it unscrewed itself from the atomizer and thus some wiring is detached from the atomizer. I am unable to remove the copper screw from the charger and even if I could the wiring is detached so my unit is now bust... I will contact Hocus-Pocus but I am not happy with the way things have turned out with this...
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This thing sounds like the healthcare.gov website: works great for some, but not for everyone.

Maybe shops should set them up, so that they work perfect out of the box?
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Guys what happens if / when this stops working again? How many times can we get it replaced? How many times will the dealer we bought this off replace it for us if it stops working again straight away??
Modern Day Jesus and Creator:

REVELATION GUM - Chewed Gum into Impossible Shape
MAGICALL- The Fake Call App For Magicians
THE WILLY - The Rudest Trick You Can Do

#TeamSaturn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vapr by Will Tsai (74 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..34..37..40..43..46~47~48 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL