The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vapr by Will Tsai » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (76 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..34~35~36~37~38..46~47~48 [Next]
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
I think whole Vapr unit is very mobility. The long cube is very durable, it is so soft. I will not cut it otherwise I will lose the ability to put main unit in different position.

If you are in very causal situation or just go around to play, like I wear a jacket has inside pocket on chest level, I just put main unit in that pocket, and all others thing set on hand. Then use the remote to do the work for one hand effect. It is just that easy to play. Or you can put it in shirt pocket if you has more cloth outside.

Just try it guy, there is no device so far can do this setting. You have more freedom. You even no need to do any trick, walk in street, like a child, do whatever you like to make smoke appear in your hand combine with anything you will get or touch.

I finally understand why in one episode marketing video they use a boy to buy it in store, It is not only a tool for Magican, it just can be that easy for a child to carry and play and amaze others. If you have a child, let him/her play it.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I got mine, Max88 did say most of it, thank you Max88
Mine works as advertised.

The instructional DVD is terrible in my opinion. There must be some assumptions about people’s familiarity with previous machines or e-cigs which I have none. I am a middle aged man and read all the other posts so I was able set it up without issue. However, the instructions for use should have had a guy sitting there with all of the components laid out on a table showing how to assemble and disassemble the entire thing in a stepwise fashion. How to insert cartridges etc. Anything less is really not OK for something this expensive. I don't think they did this on the cheap I just think they made poor decisions.

It is noisy. I don’t know if it is less noisy than another device or if it is "too" noisy but it is noisy and I believe there will be certain legitimate performing environments where you would like to use it but won't because of the noise. This is not based on experience performing at this point just my opinion after playing with the device. Yes there are ways you can prepare or wrap the main unit and I will indeed have to use one of these techniques because out of the box it is noisy. Also, although obvious to say s, the noise is associated with the smoke production so a “hum” that might otherwise go unnoticed is associated directly with the magic.

In a perfect world, everyone would get to play with this before purchase and make their own decision.
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Sansmind should shoot the DVD again.
Anything is Possible
WizTom
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of WizTom
Quote:
...Oh I leave my cartridge on the atomiser all the time..

best

Mw Smile

Okay, thank you.
I also store it connected. Can not happen that much... That's what I did with "PS". And - what to do with the cartridge when it's already open ... Smile
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
You want to continuously leave the cartridge on as you want the heater coil to absorb as much of the liquid as it can - all the time. The moment you start taking it off then on etc could possibly result in either the heater coil drying up or just drying a little, or the components in the cartridge drying up - resulting in weak and whispy smoke.
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
I have finally received mine after waiting for 2 weeks! I've never owned any previous smoke devices so I won't make any comparisons. And no F U PS lovers no F U msv2 lovers. Just fyi I almost bought MSV2 couple years ago, but for some reason didn't, even though I understand people love the device very very much.

Well anyway, I personally thought the DVD did a decent job explaining the components of the device, I don't get how so many people failed to understand it...Not that many effects were taught on the DVD, which is a bummer, but decent enough I guess.

The smoke, unlike certain people have said, was actually quite beautifully thick and long lasting, and smells like some kind of exotic hookah smoke.

The remote and main unit worked fine.

Here's my problem with the device so far.
1) it is certainly not silent, haven't tried it out in a noisey environment yet, but a quiet room definitely will not work. However, I tried playing some music in the background, and then even I couldn't hear anything. So I'm not that concerned if I perform for people.

2)I'm really skinny, and the wrist and arm bands don't really fit me that well...it's kinda loose. I will have to find a way to secure it with some sort of pin or something...

3)No performance tips at all on this DVD. I just got the device and has no experience with smoke at all in the past, I kinda failed at making the smoke appear from my finger tips. So I will have to play around with timing and positioning.

I think those are my problems so far. I see a lot of potential in playing around with Vapr, but definitely not enough yet.

So yeah, here's my 2 cent on the product from 5 hours of playing with it. Oh and, before someone accuses me, yes I'm Chinese, but I have no relation to Will Tsai or SansMind, just sayin. I SWEAR!
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 19:45, PRINCE wrote:
You want to continuously leave the cartridge on as you want the heater coil to absorb as much of the liquid as it can - all the time. The moment you start taking it off then on etc could possibly result in either the heater coil drying up or just drying a little, or the components in the cartridge drying up - resulting in weak and whispy smoke.

Thanks for the tips. So I not worry how to handle it. Just let it there.
Truth or Dare
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Truth or Dare
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 20:19, Flyswatter wrote:

The smoke, unlike certain people have said, was actually quite beautifully thick and long lasting, and smells like some kind of exotic hookah smoke.

Thanks! I just ordered mine!
WizTom
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of WizTom
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 20:50, max88 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 19:45, PRINCE wrote:

Thanks for the tips. So I not worry how to handle it. Just let it there.

Same here... Thanks! ;-)
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Has anyone tried to put a little thin sponge around the device to dampen the noise factor. Just like computer hard drives, they use sponge to dampen noisy hard drives. Just a thought if anyone has some thing electronic sponge laying around to try. Just cut an opening for the air intake pump.
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Coming in tomorow, will be able to pick this up finally.
Anything is Possible
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
Quote:
On 2013-12-11 04:23, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Has anyone tried to put a little thin sponge around the device to dampen the noise factor. Just like computer hard drives, they use sponge to dampen noisy hard drives. Just a thought if anyone has some thing electronic sponge laying around to try. Just cut an opening for the air intake pump.

Yeah that would probably work , but I’ve been using this for around a week now, and honestly had no noise issue when out and about performing with VAPR.. even only last night when I was in a bar with very few people, the background noise of everyday happenings , muffles out any vibrating noise anyway... the only time I hear the “noise” is when I’m in my office, with no background noise.. when will you be in that situation when using the vapr on a spectator ?.. just my opinion.. Smile

Marc Smile
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yep, the noise would be a factor in a Trappist monastery, but at an event or in a bar? I wouldn't anticipate a problem.

One thing to keep in mind: compact as Vapr is, if you use a holdout, you will feel very cluttered with the basic setup. I've thought of a couple of tailored solutions, but I plan on using it elsewhere anyway. Just a thought.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Has anyone trid fixing the vaporizer to the sleeve rather than the wrist it seems like this would be more flexible as the sleeve, especially in jacket reds up and down your wrist exposing and then covering the device?
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-12-11 19:44, Xcath1 wrote:
Has anyone trid fixing the vaporizer to the sleeve rather than the wrist it seems like this would be more flexible as the sleeve, especially in jacket reds up and down your wrist exposing and then covering the device?

Yup I have.. I have sewn a small pocket in the sleeves of a couple of my jackets.. the atomiser just slides in perfect.. free’s up your wrist movement and the smoke disperses very evenly and right to the finger tips Smile

Marc Smile
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Ok day 1, just charged up my vapr and remote, so far so good, smoke coming out properly etc. (used USB charge though, didn't want to risk it as Aus is 240 V). not silent but ok. will be using this tomorow in the streets and see how it goes Smile
Anything is Possible
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 08:14, cricketer15 wrote:
Ok day 1, just charged up my vapr and remote, so far so good, smoke coming out properly etc. (used USB charge though, didn't want to risk it as Aus is 240 V). not silent but ok. will be using this tomorow in the streets and see how it goes Smile

Good. Tomorrow please share your street experience. So far not so much story yet. Do different type effect if you can and see what people react.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 08:39, max88 wrote:
... and see what people react.

"Where are you hiding your e-cig ?" Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-12-12 08:43, doriancaudal wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 08:39, max88 wrote:
... and see what people react.

"Where are you hiding your e-cig ?" Smile

lol .... well that hasn’t happened too me .....

...yet :S:S...

Masta Ace
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Masta Ace
I already have Magic Smoke V 2.0 by Illusioncraft, is there any reason I should switch over to Vapr? How does this product compare to that one? I've seen both units, but I guess I am looking for the smaller particulars of Vapr, and how it compares to Smoke 2.0...and if it is worth switching over if I already own a different smoke device?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vapr by Will Tsai » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (76 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..34~35~36~37~38..46~47~48 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL