The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vapr by Will Tsai (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..21..27..33..39..45..46~47~48 [Next]
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yeah, I wondered if that was the air-con?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I hate preorders. I joined the Kickstarter for Lebanon Circle and it was an incredibly good deal. I think I will only support fundraising projects that have stretch goals from now on. Give me something extra for supporting you early or forget it.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
They always look cool how else are they going to get you to part with your cash
Wait for the reviews then make your decision
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1348 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I am pretty sure the lighting in your environment will determine the smoke's visibility. (I would also wager you shouldn't do it under a ceiling fan)
Official Thread Killer
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2441 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Looks great. But I will also not pre order any more. They also always push the date back when it comes out. Anyways, this looks good. I only wonder if it will last a long time? Its more like a E cig so I am sure it will. I really see myself getting this when it comes out.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Bizzaro talks Vapr!!! A lot of things covered here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUBMos21......a_player
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Smoke looks a little thin compared to the demo, yes?

Quote:
On 2013-11-18 13:41, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-18 13:02, KyleMarlett wrote:
Hey guys,

Bizzaro just sent a great, in depth, tear-down of Vapr if you wanted to see it a little closer from a more pronounced, erhem, skeptic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUBMos21pLE

-Kyle

BIG thanks to you, Bizzaro and Murphy's for that. It looks so cool!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2229 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Great job Bizarro! Does the tubing material, I think he said silicone...does that not rub hair uncomfortably?
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Quote:
On 2013-11-18 20:57, MagicBrent wrote:
Great job Bizarro! Does the tubing material, I think he said silicone...does that not rub hair uncomfortably?

I haven't had that problem.

-Kyle
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Penguin has it as pre-order and that it arrives to them on Nov. 22nd ( and they ship on arrival dates , in my experience with them ).

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3797

Last week in November we should be seeing reviews. I HOPE and cross my fingers that people watch the ENTIRE DVD and follow the operating instructions to the letter. I'd like to avoid "This sucks, it's junk, doesn't work". And then find out they didn't have it charged. Smile
DTJK
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DTJK
Sometimes I feel pre-orders are somewhat like Kickstarter projects.

But anyway, Sanminds have produced quality, ingenius products. And they're pretty transparent on their advertising as well.
Evoker
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
76 Posts

Profile of Evoker
Quote:
On 2013-11-12 11:59, max88 wrote:
So with one time full charge, how long VAPR can continuously workH I guess PS use a big battery seperstely for a reason. Does VAPR compromise the operation time to make it smallH

Hi Everybody, this looks amazing but I can't see any comments about the battery life and operating time length.
Does anybody have a clue ?
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Quote:
On 2013-11-19 02:51, Evoker wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-12 11:59, max88 wrote:
So with one time full charge, how long VAPR can continuously workH I guess PS use a big battery seperstely for a reason. Does VAPR compromise the operation time to make it smallH

Hi Everybody, this looks amazing but I can't see any comments about the battery life and operating time length.
Does anybody have a clue ?

It was answered in previously:

"The pump will run almost a full 5-6 mins before it needs another charge. So that's a average of 120 3 second pumps which is a lot if you think about it.

Also "you can either press the remote quickly to get a 3 second burst or hold it down up to a minute for a continuous flow. Or you can use the arm trigger the same way and not use the remote at all!"
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1730 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Nobody else find the smoke less cloudy than the one in the trailer ?
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1339 Posts

Profile of barts185
Issues / comments on the warranty. I posted this on their FB page as well in the VAPR post they made to see if they answer the questions.

http://www.sansminds.com/index.php/vapr-......lan.html

I saw earlier in this thread that the price was 29. Was that incorrect, or did they increase the price? I currently see the two year warranty listed at 34.95

The wording on the page describing the warranty could use a little improvement. There are discrepancies, typos, and ambiguities.

Some examples:

"If you want to enjoy our protection plan longer, simply extend the plan to 2 years!"
Am I extending it to 2 years, or getting an additional 2 years, meaning 3 years total?

"we will extend the warranty to up to 2 years"
up to 2 years? Who decides how far it gets extended?

"The extended warranty plan covers ANYTHING that goes with it, e.g. the unit has been flush down the toilet, a car runs over it, chewed by your dog, or kicked like a soccer ball….ANYTHING."

then, further down

"The warranty will be no longer valid if" ...

so apparently ANYTHING doesn't really mean ANYTHING

"This plan is only eligible for VAPR which is directly puchased from SansMinds.com."

then, further down

"4. Our warranty only extends to products purchased from our website or authorized reseller."

So if I purchase this from an authorized reseller, can I purchase the warranty, or not?
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1339 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On 2013-11-18 18:03, Xiqual wrote:
I hate preorders. I joined the Kickstarter for Lebanon Circle and it was an incredibly good deal. I think I will only support fundraising projects that have stretch goals from now on. Give me something extra for supporting you early or forget it.
James

I'm not a fan of pre-orders, but to be fair, they are offering you something extra - from the website:

BONUS: 3 refill packs (1 refill pack contains 10 cartridges) That's a $60 value!
I guess 60 sounds better than 59.85, the actual cost of 3 refill cartridges

► 1 Latte Deck (Brown Color)

► Main Unit/ Vaporizer Replacement Plan: First Year for Free.
I don't see this as a bonus unless they are saying that except for preorders they offer no warranty, which would drastically reduce sales.

► Extend your plan to two years for just $29.99
Instead of 34.95 - maybe this is what the 29 price was referring to in a previous post?
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5784 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Whoa! The wireless remote can trigger Vapr from 35 feet away AND through a closed door.
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Sorry for the delayed response, I don't get as much time as I used to to come on here...

Yes, World Magic Shop will be honouring the 1 year Warranty for technical issues (obviously not user errors!)

We only have a few left for Pre-Order though!

No matter which dealer you are THINKING of buying from, I would suggest grabbing one up asap, as they are in very high demand. If you miss one from the first batch, you MAY not be getting one until next year.

Quote:
On 2013-11-15 13:59, JackMagic wrote:
I wonder what the UK dealers have to say ?

Been very quite from WMS , Alakazam , Merchant of Magic , Saturn

Personally I still think it's worth waiting to see what the alternative is like but if the UK dealers expect you to send it back to USA then you might as well order from Penguin
SociallyAwkwardPenguin
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of SociallyAwkwardPenguin
Quote:
On 2013-11-15 13:19, kenodad wrote:
Socially Awkward: Presentation, context, illusion must be added to this device as with any magical effect, prop, or move. You might as well ask "doesn't everyone ask to see your other hand after you vanish a coin?" This tool could be fantastic in the right hands (or up the right sleeves Smile). The problems with the other devices is consistency in function and awkwardness of use.

I don't vanish a coin for exactly that reason. Obviously it's in your other hand. I can think of no context or presentation that would avoid a spec thinking that you have an ecig and a tube up your sleeve.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2013-11-20 09:32, SociallyAwkwardPenguin wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-15 13:19, kenodad wrote:
Socially Awkward: Presentation, context, illusion must be added to this device as with any magical effect, prop, or move. You might as well ask "doesn't everyone ask to see your other hand after you vanish a coin?" This tool could be fantastic in the right hands (or up the right sleeves Smile). The problems with the other devices is consistency in function and awkwardness of use.

I don't vanish a coin for exactly that reason. Obviously it's in your other hand. I can think of no context or presentation that would avoid a spec thinking that you have an ecig and a tube up your sleeve.

Do you also balk at a complete coin vanish? I'm just curious. Not Vapr related, exactly, as you won't be able to have your sleeves examined...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vapr by Will Tsai (74 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..21..27..33..39..45..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL