The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vapr by Will Tsai » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (76 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..24..30..36..42..46~47~48 [Next]
WizTom
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of WizTom
We need a video in which someone wears "VAPR" at the body and is recorded in a quiet room. ;-)
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
As I've said, this device is lush. And, YES, it is very very easy to trigger the smoke. You get three seconds for one press which is more than enough, though you can hold down for longer. And, the remote is lovely...

But the device is not super silent, so don't expect it to be. Yes, it comes from further up your arm, and maybe it will be concealed a bit more, but in a silent environment you will hear it. With ambient sound you won't.

I'm intrigued to see other reviews too, I can't believe I am the ONLY ONE to have received it with next day delivery? God Bless Merchant of Magic!
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
I have purchased mine, after reading all these haters' comments. Free shipping from penguin, can't wait to get mine.
petehathway
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of petehathway
I received this in the post today. It's brilliant. I can't recommend it enough.

Quieter than PS, and much smaller and better build quality. Comfortable too, which is not something I would have ever said about PS. I've been wearing it all day around the house, simply because I forgot it was there.

As for sound, it's quiet but not silent. Definitely quiet enough for your average gig, so it's not an issue for me at all. It's modular and adaptable too so if you had to use it in a silent room (or on TV, say, where you might be wearing a mic) there's an option to put the unit in your back pocket and use a longer tube.

In short, while Pure Smoke got banished to the drawer after one uncomfortable outing, I will definitely be using this at every gig. I love it.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
If this is exposing too much to ask, feel free to not answer this question: without a chest strap, how is the pump trigger kept in the proper position? Just curious...
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 13:20, sgtgrey wrote:
If this is exposing too much to ask, feel free to not answer this question: without a chest strap, how is the pump trigger kept in the proper position? Just curious...

You get two arm bands. One goes higher up on your arm and holds the trigger and the other around your wrist which holds the device that shoots the smoke out of.

-Kyle
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Sgtgrey : The trigger is connected to the atomiser where the smoke comes out via the tube, therefore, the trigger is kept at the top of your arm, or under your arm via a sock/band that wraps around your arm.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Ah! I get it now - thanks for the fast reply fellas! Smile
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 12:29, WizTom wrote:
We need a video in which someone wears "VAPR" at the body and is recorded in a quiet room. ;-)

and it begins: "I plan to do gigs where I am in a sound proof booth in a church. People are going to hear this blah blah blah"
Official Thread Killer
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Well to be fair - it is good to know the limits of the device - just how much ambient noise will be needed to perform with it confidently. I was under the impression when I first ordered Pure Smoke that it was going to be relatively silent - just some outdoor ambient noise or a TV in the background would cover the noise, and that just wasn't the case, and that was disappointing! I don't care about a little noise - but I want to know this time what I'm getting into before I purchase it. I too wouldn't mind hearing/seeing it in action from someone who has actually purchased it before I take the plunge.
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Hey guys!

Murphy's is giving away a Vapr by Will Tsai!

I reviewed Vapr on the latest episode of Unwrapped

All you have to do is watch,subscribe, and comment on this weeks episode of Unwrapped

Here- http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=60#4

Good luck guys!

-Kyle
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Any news for those who purchased on Hocus Pocus ? I didn't get any mail to say that mine was shipped, maybe it's because they had a lot of orders going through Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
So far I have been hearing good reviews all over, heard a bit of noise on kyle's reviews, but nothing to major. will definately be getting this, good thing I didn't buy pure smoke before. also Alex DLF what happened to that french device
Anything is Possible
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that Vapr comes with FREE Shipping if you at: http://mystiquefactory.com/collections/f......ill-tsai

Best,
Martin
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
The french device will be out at the beginning of 2014 Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
WizTom
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of WizTom
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 15:54, sgtgrey wrote:
Well to be fair - it is good to know the limits of the device - just how much ambient noise will be needed to perform with it confidently. I was under the impression when I first ordered Pure Smoke that it was going to be relatively silent - just some outdoor ambient noise or a TV in the background would cover the noise, and that just wasn't the case, and that was disappointing! I don't care about a little noise - but I want to know this time what I'm getting into before I purchase it. I too wouldn't mind hearing/seeing it in action from someone who has actually purchased it before I take the plunge.

Right! The smoke effect should be possible with Close-Up Tricks. Makes not much sense to present it on stage. I was very disappointed with "Pure Smoke". I used it with "Twilight Angels", but my 2 "Test-Persons" heard it over and over again. And I can't play loud music during a trick like "Twilight Angels". It would be dissapointing if you can hear too much. Otherwise it will destroy the whole Mystic.
WizTom
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of WizTom
I ordered it now. Hope to get it this week. Then I make a Video under "real silent" conditions. Smile Hope it works well.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 07:30, Alex DLF wrote:
The french device will be out at the beginning of 2014 Smile

You've been beaten to the post I'm afraid. :-((
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Full, Café Member, reviews should be coming in next week!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Anyone have any experience with these devices in carry on airline luggage?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vapr by Will Tsai » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (76 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..24..30..36..42..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL