The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn Ripped off by Tenyo? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1517 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Whatever happened to ethics? It appears, at least from what I can see, Tenyo has ripped off extreme burn. It is called Money Shock and will be new for 2014. I hope I am wrong.

Ron
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4164 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I saw the ad but not the video clip. Certainly hoping the gimmick/effect is nowhere near Extreme Burn/Page gimmick but it certainly looks like it from the picture.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4933 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It's exactly the same
► 1:09► 1:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pago64CauXU
10 hours ago - Uploaded by MagicCastleSingapore
Get it here at http://www.MagicCastle.com.sg 2 Handy Road #04-09 The Cathay Singapore 229233.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4164 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Wowzers. disappointing. Looks like a different gimmick, but close enough.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4933 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Gimmick seems identical to my extreme burn . I can do exact same change and gimmick is in exactly the same note in e burn handling IMO , they are just switching around on opening display
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The people at Tenyo suck. Any decent company could have done this 2 weeks after Extreme Burn was released. No sense of urgency at all.

I think it looks more like Pat Page's Easy Money than Extreme Burn.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7007 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yeah, it's more like Pat Page's original. You don't need to special thing in Extreme Burn to do that change. Easy Money has been around for a long time. Tenyo might have gotten permission...
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2536 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Yes it just seem like another version of Pat Page. Many people have released variations
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
To the best of my knowledge, Tenyo always gets the permission of the creators. Two recent examples would be Dan Halan's Cardtoon deck and Steve Dusheck's Waltzing Matilda. I'd wait before accusing them of a breach of ethics.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1323 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Tenyo rip others off? I doubt it.

Tenyo's version allows the bills to be placed on the table and not open up as other versions would.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4164 Posts

Profile of emyers99
The lay down was nice.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6021 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2013-11-05 22:11, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Tenyo rip others off? I doubt it.

Tenyo's version allows the bills to be placed on the table and not open up as other versions would.
That's what I liked about it.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Quote:
On 2013-11-05 19:53, Frank Yuen wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, Tenyo always gets the permission of the creators. Two recent examples would be Dan Halan's Cardtoon deck and Steve Dusheck's Waltzing Matilda. I'd wait before accusing them of a breach of ethics.

It wouldn't be the Magic Café if we didn't throw stones first and ask questions later, lol.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It doesn't even look like Extreme Burn:

Extreme Burn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SGjyfA0j......be&t=16s

Money Shock:

http://youtu.be/wkU56ZBy3RM?t=3s
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1370 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
A) its not extreme burn and b) tenyo are a very reputable firm and to the best of my knowledge get permission.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1933 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I don't own Extreme Burn but I do own Money Shock since a few days. Tenyo's version sure looks like it from what I can see on videos of Extreme Burn but it is very easy to do, almost self working actually. Also, as mentioned before by Angelo, you can casually place the bills on the table after the effect and nothing can be seen out of the ordinary.
I think Tenyo used something 'special' that Extreme Burn doesn't use which makes it so easy and possible to show everything to be 'normal' at the end, but again, I can't compare.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4933 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
If it's an improvement then great , if they have got permission then great too . I was personally just saying that you can do that exact change with E burn amongst many others that you can't do with Pat Pages version except with this Tenyo version of course the dead flat laying down at the end ( is that necessary though ? ) Anyway love note change effects so will check it out . It's says 2014 so where can you buy now Killer Tweety ? Thanks for any info Smile
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1933 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Sent you pm Nanaswan!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4933 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you Smile
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I love all the wild assumptions. Sheesh. Clearly that is not specifically "extreme Burn" which is a Pat Page trick with a something added. The guy clearly did not utilize the Sanders addition to a trick Sanders copied... I mean got inspiration from. Lets get all emotional and accuse Tenyo baselessly some more!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn Ripped off by Tenyo? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL