We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Miracle Coin Thru--Problem! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mshanker
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, KY
89 Posts

Profile of mshanker
Last week I bought Tenyo's Miracle Coin Thru at the Unconventional Convention in Cumberland Falls, KY. It's well designed. The gimmicked area is perfect and doesn't give away the secret. But I do have a problem: It doesn't work!

I tried it both with a quarter and a nickel (and also without a coin), but a tap on the glass doesn't produce the coin. Even a hard tap is ineffective. Can someone help me out? (You can pm me if the solution requires revealing the secret.)
Manoj
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Put your fingers on top of the glass and push down with your finger tips. Hope that helps!
mshanker
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, KY
89 Posts

Profile of mshanker
Rick11, I did that. No matter how much I push the f**p doesn't open...
Manoj
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Did you set the gimmick?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2176 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-11-08 12:45, Rick11 wrote:
Did you set the gimmick?

:)
Magic Wagon Secret Sessions thread : Table of contents
mshanker
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, KY
89 Posts

Profile of mshanker
I had not set the gimmick!!

Thanks.
Manoj
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Always read the manual carefully before attempting to use the trick, Tenyo's manuals are very detailed and often some stuff is overlooked. I know the feeling, you want to try it out right away but that's not always a good idea Smile
Wonder Window for example - there is something very important in the manual and if you don't do that specific action it will not work and you might wrongfully think you have one that doesn't work. Also it can more or less break if you attempt to perform it without that specific action. Mirage is another one, you have to place the blade in at the right angle in the correct hole or it can break. There are a lot more examples.
Anyway, you learned your lesson I suppose Smile
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2387 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
What do I do for a living? Write instructions.
What advice can I give you: ALWAYS read and follow the instructions.
top_illusionist
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Can this work with a borrowed ring?
KazMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of KazMagic
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2018, top_illusionist wrote:
Can this work with a borrowed ring?

Unfortunately, no. Unless you can find a duplicate ring.
top_illusionist
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
I see. Thanks KazMagic.
pierre888
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of pierre888
Hi. I have bought this too from Japan and can’t figure out the japanese instructions. I just don't want to destroy it in loading the coin. Anyone can help me? PM me pls. Thanks
pierre888
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of pierre888
I was able to put the coin in the compartment but pushing down on the glass (lightly or heavily) doesn’t seem to work...
Magical Moments
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2018, pierre888 wrote:
I was able to put the coin in the compartment but pushing down on the glass (lightly or heavily) doesn’t seem to work...

First, make sure the coaster is set and ready to go. Second, make sure that your glass fits properly on the coaster.
Magical Moments
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
This is an excellent prop which I carry around often. I take it out when I am in a place where a glass is available because I don’t want to carry a glass around with me. Visiting homes and restaurants solves that problem.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Miracle Coin Thru--Problem! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL