The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Gig manager for iPhone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Hi Scott,

All seems good now at my end. The app opens and the interface is lovely, intuitive and a pleasure to work with.

This does seem like a winner. I wish you all the best with your new App. It will be a real benefit to pros wanting to keep their gigs in their pockets.

Thanks
Chris
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
This looks pretty cool.

Scott, we should talk. We do have a full API (SOAP and REST) Smile

-Michael
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 16:54, Carducci wrote:
This looks pretty cool.

Scott, we should talk. We do have a full API (SOAP and REST) Smile

-Michael

This would be so awesome. Just saying lol
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Dave, I was a little busy working on an update to get out by the holiday (with calendar sync and a few other things). But now that this update is just about ready to submit to Apple, I can focus on the next update.

I'm going to be looking into how Michael and I might be able to get the two platforms talking. We'll keep you posted on that front!

Regards,
Scott
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
143 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
YES YES YES!! Showbiz CRM and Paper Tree App!
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Thought this would be of interest to some. I posted the first three of what will be several 'Power Tips' on my site. I make heavy use of the iPhone's ability to use gestures and 'hidden' taps. This makes the UI very clean, but sometimes people might not know about feature X or Y. Some are just text, and some will be video tips. Here are two:

# Tip 1
In the 'Upcoming Events' list (the main screen), I have the app automatically move past events out of the "upcoming" section and into the "Past Events" screen so you don't have to manually do that for every single event.

To see the "Past Events" screen, simply tap the "Upcoming Events" title at the top of the screen and it will toggle for you. Total sweetness.

#Tip 2
When you are on an event's 'Detail' screen and you want to go back to the main listing, there's a back arrow on the top left, as you would expect. But you can also swipe from the left edge of your screen to the right, basically "pulling" the detail view off the right side of the screen. Makes navigation even easier.
Jesse Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jesse Lewis
Scoitt I have some questions on your app from just looking at the sales page. I have not bought your app yet.

Does a person have the ability to template an email so it auto merges you checkit and just send?
What about create a workflow for follow up with booked OR lost clients? For instance: auto fill contract-> send contract-> Recieved Contract -> 10 days before event confirmation call -> 2 days before event confirm email-> DO SHOW-> after event testimonial request-> 3,6,9 month follow ups->rebook->

If it had these things in my opinion it would almost be a full contact manager and manage a lot of issues that entertainers have running their business. It would litterally become the back end task manager. I have thought about building something like that just for myself but lack the knowledge. Right now I use CRM software that does a mediocre job.

You could be the first to offer a fully customizable app platform that you could do all of this with.

Jesse
Learn how to build a bigger business at www.showbizsuccesssecrets.com
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Jesse, thanks for the questions.

As far as the email templates go, yup, you can create as many email templates as you like. It comes with several installed by default, but you can add your own or even delete mine if they don't work for you. And 100% yes, when each email pops up on the screen and allows you to tweak before sending.

To make it super easy and customizable, I have several form fields that you can use. Paper Tree will then automatically replace the codes with the relevant data, dynamically. In fact, if an event has a deposit already entered, the BALANCEDUE code will dynamically replace the total fee minus the deposit to reflect the balance due. Here's a list of the current codes (with more to come in future updates):

Client's first name: FIRSTNAME
Date of event: EVENTDATE
Amount of the deposit: DEPOSITAMOUNT
Balance due: BALANCEDUE
Amount of payment: PAYMENTAMOUNT
Your first name (from the settings): USERFNAME

Right now, the app does auto-notifications for actions based on time and completed tasks. But you still have to actually tap the email template button to generate and then send the email. This is an iPhone thing to prevent apps from sending stuff out without your knowledge. While there is nothing currently in Paper Tree that handles non-booking clients like you mention, I'm currently working on a really cool workflow for non booked clients.

Does this answer your questions?
Thanks again,
Scott
Jesse Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jesse Lewis
Final question can you create your own auto-notifications for actions based on time and completed task or it is set in stone with what is already in the app?

This would allow one to create their own follow up funnels and if simply applied to the lost contacts may save you a lot of programing time.

Jesse
Learn how to build a bigger business at www.showbizsuccesssecrets.com
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Right now, I have some pretty standard timings for the notifications. That said, all I'll add is 2014 is going to be exciting. I've lots of cool things in store. Smile

Best regards,
Scott
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Muchas gracias Scott. Keep up the good work.
Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Gig manager for iPhone (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL