The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Presentation props (boxes/wraps) & ideas to use with System 6 Haunted Doll (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-11-14 11:17, Devontemagic wrote:
Person said the doll did not work at all in there hand and that the DVD was No Good ;/

I did not read,but I would have replied back..."The Doll is not intended to stand on its head,You Twit !" Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Haha you guys are definitely a boost of confidence while still keeping us honesty. I guess so, we take these things personally as reviews are like a magicians applaud, we know that we won't be able to please everybody but I guess I would have loved to know more, and would have of course made sure he got a better doll, had that been the case.

MerlinsMagic: I think that would be great if you left a review. Many people who don't buy direct through penguin leave reviews as, it's a (sometime) notable place for informations.

Godzilla: haha I wish, I'm still a believer that it was a fake, doesn't even seem he took time to correct some of the grammar. Can't please everyone I guess. PS: your joke in the signature in your profile is hilariously, I've said it several times to friends already LOL.

Ok on to more positive ideas: Has anyone had a chance to play with Bonus "No Hands" idea. I'll be honest and say that I've see n some people do it and completely blow me away, and other try and fail.....any tryers?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1453 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Hey Devonte, I know it would be great to have 100% happy, HD has definitely been a hit so far & it would have been nice to get better info from that person (if that posting review was real) so you could perhaps see if it's something you could help/correct,etc, or at the very least know the meat of that unhappy buyer's neg review.......

Never the less, I feel that your HD will gets it positive dues you & it deserve as time,sales & the good work gets out Smile

On a separate note as to the hands off handling, I have not tried,having too much fun in hand ! (Lets not go there on that last comment....LoL)

Funny thing, I used the HD today with the faking of I.T. (as Daff suggested), then proving there was non, then went into using my Spider Pen pro for a few other similar rise & floating effects. After proving no I.T. with the doll & continued on with other I.T. REALLY blew minds as I removed that thought of I.T. from using the HD 1st !! LoL

This just keeps getting better each day !!!!
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Wow, what a bunch of great ideas.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
"The Poppet" in Raven's Tales by Mark Raven is a highly recommended use for the little bugger.
Unsettling tho.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2236 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Small 'worry' dolls always make interesting and relatively unusual doll props.

k.
The_Alexander
View Profile
New user
Finland
63 Posts

Profile of The_Alexander
If one decides to use cloth to protect the HD, wouldn't it be a sinister little idea to put gl**py in the cloth? Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5223 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Sweet idea The_Alexander. Hmmm, would it be stronger to perform the Gl**py effect before or after the in-hand demonstration. I'm thinking before, but I could be wrong.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The_Alexander
View Profile
New user
Finland
63 Posts

Profile of The_Alexander
Mr.Wizard of Oz: yes indeed, but I have nagging feeling that this would need a third effect to go with.

hmmm. Maybe mindreading trough voodoo. First try under cloth doesn't produce strong enough connection but from open, in your hand, you got strong dive in spectators mind trough doll and reveal his/hers the innermost sins about playing cards
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Loving your thinking The_Alexander. Very sinister indeed.

I also like the idea of preparing a spell and thus distracted, having the doll rise while your not looking at it and are completely oblivious.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Not my idea, but what if you combine

- Rising cloth,
- Haunted Doll
- *Ashes in the hand

The story line can be based on Voodoo / Spirits. It is coming alive through the cloth ad the Doll, but before it goes away, it leaves a trail....(On your spectators hand). Just like any great Ghost story, it leaves you thinking, did the spirit / ghost actually leave or did it decide to linger around and is now inside of your spectator LOL.Too Much?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5223 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I suppose this can go on and on...there are so many possibilities. But let's say you had a Devil's Handkerchief (is that what it's called, with the secret po***t?) but also with a Gl***y gimmick. So, begin with the doll wrapped in the cloth, hint at its power. It remains under the handkerchief but the handkerchief moves...then, you remove the doll and it rises in your palm. As a closer, you drop the doll into the handkerchief and it vanishes...it was never real at all...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 13:27, Wizard of Oz wrote:
I suppose this can go on and on...there are so many possibilities. But let's say you had a Devil's Handkerchief (is that what it's called, with the secret po***t?) but also with a Gl***y gimmick. So, begin with the doll wrapped in the cloth, hint at its power. It remains under the handkerchief but the handkerchief moves...then, you remove the doll and it rises in your palm. As a closer, you drop the doll into the handkerchief and it vanishes...it was never real at all...

The effect sounds awesome! But what is this Gl***y-gimmick you all are talking about? Anyone wanna pm me? Sounds like something I need to get... Smile
axcreations1
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of axcreations1
This is a work in progress, but I figured I'd show the steps I'm taking working on a container to hold my HD...(even though I broke mine...don't ask, it was completely my fault, and I will be ordering another one by weeks end).

Today I visited the local Hobby Lobby - awesome store! The place is FILLED with items that can be used as props for magic. The first thing I found was a small "naked" wooden box that was the perfect size to hold the HD. The only "problem" is that it didn't have any clasp to close the box (and surprisingly the lady that was helping didn't know where to find one in the store to add one on - which I'd be willing to bet that they have somewhere, as they have almost anything you can imagine craft related...). Anyway, while I was thinking of ways to "dirty it up" (dirt, shoe polish, etc.) I came across this awesome little box that already looked old, is the perfect size, had a magnet clasp, and was already magic related (see 1st pic). It looks really cool & old, and it only cost 3.49 (originally it was 6.99 but they were having a 50% off sale). It's the perfect size to fit a deck of cards, so I'm guessing magicians might want to use it as is for reasons other then what I did (as it looks pretty cool as-is & they had other cards besides the King too, but I decided to ruin it for the sake of the HD...)

I also found a set of burlap sacks at Hobby Lobby in a pack of 3 different sizes for 4.99, and one of them was a nice fit for the HD (I imagine I can use the two extra to use for something else). I'm thinking I could probably even gotten them cheaper if I looked for a coupon like the sales lady suggested...

Anyway, I took a lighter & Sharpie marker to the burlap bag, and a Sharpie to the box (the lighter made the material of the box smell terrible when I tried burning it, so I went the marker only route on it - the lighter worked perfectly on the bags though). I think things ended up pretty cool! That said, I plan to get the box "dirty" tomorrow, and rub some dirt into it...maybe pour some coffee on it, and try a few other things to stain it some different colors...I know it can look a lot better.

All said, for less then 10 bucks though I think I came up with something pretty cool. I'll let you know what people think once I perform the HD in front of spectators. Smile

The_Alexander
View Profile
New user
Finland
63 Posts

Profile of The_Alexander
axcreations1: Thansk for sharing, looks beautifull ^-^
heres a two little inks to make stuff look old instead coffee: http://fromthewarp.blogspot.fi/2012/05/d......ash.html
axcreations1
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of axcreations1
Quote:
On 2013-11-20 08:00, The_Alexander wrote:
axcreations1: Thansk for sharing, looks beautifull ^-^
heres a two little inks to make stuff look old instead coffee: http://fromthewarp.blogspot.fi/2012/05/d......ash.html

Thanks for the heads-up!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1453 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
This performance involves WA & the Haunted Doll which plays nicely together, if you have WA then you understand the following (if not,get it-awesome book test effect !), obtain each of the 7 "charm" items (ivory being difficult,would have to swap out for something close like reg bone....)
getting a supply of each for give away as a momentum for the spectator to keep & provide them they're "charm".

I use an aged cloth (soon to have markings on it), open it up & place the 7 items of the WA's "charms" in a large circle or however you like. Bring out HD in box / off necklace,etc.... have spectator hold in they're palm & transfer they're energy to HD. You take HD, put in your palm & to make your revelations, the HD rises above they're "selected charm" as you pass your hand over each (you can play that out a bit with it rising & falling a bit until doll "finds" the right "charm". Finish WA performance revelation / readings & then give the "charm" item to them to keep !

** You could get a yard of velvet (I got a deal on some purple) at a fabric store (color your option/preference) & hemp twine & cut small swatches of it to wrap the item/"charm" in it to protect "charms" power when you give it to them.....

I am working on combining a routine with WA & Alchemist Bane cards.(& linked as thru Ipswich for additional length of performance if desired) & maybe include the HD as an added option......
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
As I am awaiting for my two dolls to turn up in the post. The suggestion of a music box intrigued me, so I done a search and found that disneyland make a haunted music box, might be a great prop.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Presentation props (boxes/wraps) & ideas to use with System 6 Haunted Doll (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL