The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Simple yet powerful - Cups and Balls (video) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
One of my best private magic students, 14 years old, put on his first ever professional show recently. His full set was 20 minutes. There was one more student on the show, and I headlined my full act. Limited 50 seats, paying audience, local press coverage, etc. It was a huge accomplishment and a wonderful success.

Here is a video of him performing the Cups and Balls. This is basically the routine straight out of Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. Please watch the entire video (only 2 1/2 min) to see how powerful such a simple approach can be for an audience. Students/amateurs tend to think that the more complicated the sleight-of-hand, the better the trick. Often this is not true, as evidenced in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuh4fTSCVa8

Enjoy!

Brian
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Nice Job!
Dallas Robbins
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Dallas Robbins
Very nice job!
Eric Caldwell
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
156 Posts

Profile of Eric Caldwell
Thanks for sharing.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Nice Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I enjoyed watching that young man perform.
Todd
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Very nice :0)
Foxlute
View Profile
Regular user
UK
148 Posts

Profile of Foxlute
That was very good. I liked how he managed to exude confidence without seeming precocious. That's often a difficult balance to strike for a youngster.
Robin4Kids
View Profile
Veteran user
Lower Alabama
396 Posts

Profile of Robin4Kids
That's what makes it all worth while when you put in the time to teach a kid and they show the aptitude, interest and ability to make the teacher look good! Well taught!
Kaneda
View Profile
New user
Keithville, LA
81 Posts

Profile of Kaneda
That was a really nice to watch. I enjoyed it.
borderjs
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of borderjs
Very cool, I wish I was able to do that when I was young!
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
He's going to go far - He seems to have the special "stuff" that many do not have.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I've passed along all these wonderful, kind words to my student. I quite agree - if the kid decides to pursue magic someday (he's still only 14, plenty of time to decide), he'll have a career for sure. His personality is magnetic and his attention to both the sleights and theatrics of performing is very impressive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Simple yet powerful - Cups and Balls (video) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL