The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New Student, New Hobbies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lamo1994
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of lamo1994
Hi everyone

I recently started university here in England, and found that I have a surprising amount of spare time. magic has always been something that I have been interested in and I thought id try to delve a little deeper into it. I have always considered myself confident but not arrogant, which seems to be the general rule for magicians and street performers. I am hoping that I can learn enough to wow an audience whilst waiting to get into a nightclub or bar.

so far I can do a very basic "pick a card" trick, and can set up a very simple find all the aces sort of trick, however I am really more interested in the mentalism side of things, particularly guessing names and objects that people are thinking of.

any tips, tricks or even just a starting point would be greatly appreciated
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome lamo1994,

Go to the "Penny for your thoughts" forum in "The Attic" section and you'll be speaking to the mental crowd.

Card Magic is a good place to start transitioning into Mental Magic just in you patter choices.

If I were you I'd also visit the "Shuffled, not Stirred" forum in the "Pick a Card…Any Card" section.

You may search one forum at a time (upper right orange letters) if you can think of the best keywords. Lot of questions have been asked and answered here.

Happy reading.

-Mary Mowder

-
YLyoo
View Profile
Regular user
South Korea
108 Posts

Profile of YLyoo
Try learning the Magician's Choice!

It is a method for making someone choose the one you wnat out of (usually four) objects.

I think you will like it !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New Student, New Hobbies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL