The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Shot Glass Production Comparison (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If after you produce your shot glass, the magician kind of thing to do is to vanish it. Take a look at the famous Percy Abbott trick called "Squash". If is nice magical method to vanish a shot glass surrounded.

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Abbotts-Squas......oryId=-1
senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
Thanks for the info.
I'm not really looking to vanish though. More of a running 'gag' or call back. I'd like to produce one at the start, then one (possibly two) more through out the show. I'm looking for what gimmick might work best. I'm thinking of sleeving for the first production (so, like you had mentioned, Bill's might be best for this) and not sure for the others, so I'm hoping to find routines or handling for some ideas. I can't seem to find Eugene Burger's handling and I'm not sure if his would be able to be done standing, which is what I'm planning on.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2015, senno52 wrote:
Thanks for the info.
I'm not really looking to vanish though. More of a running 'gag' or call back. I'd like to produce one at the start, then one (possibly two) more through out the show. I'm looking for what gimmick might work best. I'm thinking of sleeving for the first production (so, like you had mentioned, Bill's might be best for this) and not sure for the others, so I'm hoping to find routines or handling for some ideas. I can't seem to find Eugene Burger's handling and I'm not sure if his would be able to be done standing, which is what I'm planning on.

I usually use a wallet to produce a filled shot glass. After the production of the filled shot glass, I produce a small airplane size bottle from the same wallet. (sleeving).
I bartend once a week and it comes in handy. The wallet I have, I purchased at Tannens' in NYC.
I forgot the name but I can dig it out if you are interested. I found another one (Solari) at:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
but I never used the Solari wallet
Good Luck
Ihor
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Ihop -
I think this might be the one you are referring to....
http://themagicwarehouse.com/TA8238/Bott......20WALLET
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2015, Taterini wrote:
Ihop -
I think this might be the one you are referring to....
http://themagicwarehouse.com/TA8238/Bott......20WALLET

Thanks,
That looks like it.
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
When I work as a bartender, I'll produce a filled shot glass from the wallet and clink glasses with the customer and down the shot glass. I then produce the small liquor bottle from the same wallet.
Of course, it's filled with water. The customer knows I'm drinking water. Otherwise, I won't be able to drive home. Smile Smile
Ihor
senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
Thanks for the info and suggestions. Still not quite what I'm looking for. I'll keep looking though.

Joe
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Senno52, gimmicks and process are two different things. Here we are discussing mainly the gimmick, not the effect. To continually produce a glass of liquid from a paper bag, requires a routine and method. I don't know any such method. Bev Bergeron's was from his inside coat. This cannot be transferred to a paper bag, although it can be a running gag, as that is how he used it.

There have been many glass productions, but none repetitive at different times. Sam Berland sold an egg bag that had to do with producing shot glasses and cordial glasses, ending in a glass of beer. This was all in one routine, not broken up into segments.

Richard Osterlind's Glass From Large Paper Bag is a real mystery, but it is only one large size glass, and is not repeated. I don't own it so I cannot say if it can be converted to repetitive productions or not. You might as Richard Osterlind, he is member of the Café.

So what I am saying, you will most likely have to come up with a method yourself. You don't seem to have all the information that has previously gone before, so you are at a disadvantage at being able to adjust what has gone before.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Try Brad Manuels Routine http://www.thecomedymagicshop.com/ He repetitively produces shot glasses of drink from his shoe.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2015, chappelly wrote:
Try Brad Manuels Routine http://www.thecomedymagicshop.com/ He repetitively produces shot glasses of drink from his shoe.

I purchased Brad Manuel's SCHNAPPS SHOT years ago for only $30 online, and there was not a routine, just the glass and gimmick and poor written instructions on a little sheet of paper. I thought it was overpriced then, and really over priced now.

Now it is $105.00. Still his ad does not say if a DVD or routine comes with the glass and gimmick. Just see his lecture notes, which I do not see on his website. There is no holder gimmick of any kind, so it leave us back where we started. How to get it into the bag undetected, for use in a running gag.
senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
Thanks for the replies everyone. Looking forward to working this out Smile
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
There is a guy at the Magic Castle named Anthony Lape that produces 7 genuine shot glasses of various sizes, of real liquid - from his jacket...using one hand, and no fumbling. I had no idea what's going on.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
A r****r b*** will do the trick. Been doing for years.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
194 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
David Stone produces numerous cocktails from his sleeve. Can’t recall which DVD it’s on though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Shot Glass Production Comparison (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL