The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angle Z DVD by Daniel Madison/Ellusionist (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
I've loved this effect since I first came across it. Looks like Daniel Madison and Ellusionist have created a DVD exploring all the possibilities of the effect. Reading the description, it looks good. Check it out: http://www.ellusionist.com/angle-z-by-daniel-madison.html

If you click on the purchase options it says "Angle Z Refills." Knowing the original method, I'm not sure what that's about. I did notice in the trailer he's always using the King of Diamonds, so I'm a bit confused. Is this a new version of the effect, or are the refills for an optional new handling of the original handling? Is the majority of the info on the DVD only applicable to some new gimmicked handling? I love the original version (that's more or less impromptu, which is one of the things about it I love) and don't really want to mess about with a gimmicked version (especially if it forces me into having to use Artifice cards). Is there anyone out there that can comment on this?

Here's the advert:

DAVID BLAINE PERFORMS THE SEARING ANGLE ZERO TORN CORNER TRICK IN NEW TV SPECIAL

Angle Z was introduced in 2007 as "Angle Zero". At the time, Daniel didn't realize the true power of the effect. He taught it in a mere 5 minutes and gave no subtleties or further instruction.

Over the next five years Angle Z was discovered by a who's who of magic and added to their performance, due to the extreme power and simplicity of the effect.

Daniel began to get comments from friends and acquaintances in the business, many of whom shared striking routines and effective subtleties with him.

He decided to teach all that he had learned and developed on Angle Zero, and changed the name to Angle Z as an ode to covering everything about the miracle trick from "A to Z".

If you know the trick or perform it - good. If you don't, you should be. It's one of the easiest yet most impactful tricks on the market today. In this new work on the subject Daniel will teach...

• How to perform Angle Zero with a signed card

• Cause the torn corner to appear between someone's empty hands as it vanishes

• The most effective places to reveal the hidden corner

• How to perform Angle allowing the spectator to ACTUALLY HAND you ANY CARD

• How to leave ZERO DOUBT that the corner has actually been ripped from the chosen card

• How to allow the spectator to HEAR every little RIP in the card

• The correct way to slowly and methodically tear the corner piece

• Learn David Blaine's take on Angle Zero and the way he performs it 95% of the time

• How to use Angle Zero as a visual penetration through a glass table

• See Daniel perform the effect live several times on the streets of Los Angeles

• Where the torn corner should - and should not - be revealed.

• 1 hour and 20 minutes of advice and rare techniques

You NEED to learn the inside work on this incredible trick, and Madison spills ALL of it in Angle Z. Filmed in Hollywood, you'll also see Madison hit the streets and perform for various groups which is a rare treat in itself. Order today.
D0N DASHER
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of D0N DASHER
I'm considering clicking that link but I have a couple concerns.

I assume the tralier starts out with the giant E. Then some shots of Hollywood, right?

How much time will I have to waste until I get to the meat of the trailer? And will I be able to fast forward?

I'm sort of a busy guy.

Thanks!

ⱭD
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Don,

You'll have to skip to 1:30, which is about halfway in. You won't see anything new or revolutionary, mind you. No idea why anyone would need refills for this either.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Refills? What refills? Smile

Out of stock already...
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 04:07, D0N DASHER wrote:
I'm considering clicking that link but I have a couple concerns.

I assume the tralier starts out with the giant E. Then some shots of Hollywood, right?

How much time will I have to waste until I get to the meat of the trailer? And will I be able to fast forward?

I'm sort of a busy guy.

Thanks!

ⱭD

But you had time to post that. You could have gotten to the good part in that time. Smile
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Where did you find this on E's site? I didn't see it on the homepage or when I searched. Looks like it might have some cool subtitles. I'll wait to see what the reviews say and see if it's worth purchasing even if I already own the effect.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
This won't be officially released until Tuesday, which is why it's not on E's homepage and why the product page is marked as Sold Out at the moment.
Kevin Reylek
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Cool. I wonder if a lot of magic dealers will be releasing material Blaine performs after the show. Seems like that's happened the past 2 specials.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
I think I have this from a video already. I'm going to check. Thought it was put out by theory11
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
It was on Daniel's dangerous dvd
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 16:58, magicjoe wrote:
I think I have this from a video already. I'm going to check. Thought it was put out by theory11

It was featured in Daniel Madison's eBook "Two" as well as his Theory 11 produced DVD "Dangerous." The new DVD Ellusionist is putting out looks to be exploring the potential and and possibilities of the effect further.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

Angle Z or Angle Zero as I know it is an absolute gem of an effect, ive been using this ever since it came out.

food for thought this effect is, ive created some crazy addional routines based around this.

If you don't already own or perform this effect I highly recommnend it.

best

R
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
I'm glad. It is indeed a very powerful yet simple trick that he explained almost in passing on the Dangerous DVD. The reaction he got then was just as impressive as the ones in this latest trailer. I'll be taking a look..
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I am happy DM is releasing a comprehensive DVD on this beautiful effect. I performed my contribution to the project on a T.V pilot last year, where you cause the missing corner to appear in their closed hands. DM heard about my method from E and I was asked if they could include it on this project. I am really looking forward to what blaine and others came up with.
JM
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
Jay Sankey has some great work on this concept too.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
David Blaine performed this on ABC TV this morning if anyone wants to check it out: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/vide......20927613
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Looks like an intercessor bite
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
It does but it isn't.

Mike Donoghue
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Lol

The the guys reaction reminded me of the david blaine spoofs on youtube.... what the F..... LOL

Its a great effect... good to see it being explored more on a dvd.

best

R
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Bought this today with gaff system and some other stuff on ellusionist because they started their holiday specials. was hoping to be able to download it straight away but have to wait for DVD and wont get it till early december because gaff system releases on 26th ***.
Anything is Possible
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angle Z DVD by Daniel Madison/Ellusionist (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL