The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angle Z DVD by Daniel Madison/Ellusionist (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
This is an amazing effect. I have the first anthology book/ebook combination and the Dangerous DVD set. This has all the hallmarks of a near perfect effect. It is simple to understand (and perform) and if performed correctly, there can be no explanation to how this could be accomplished. In fact, this is an effect that can transcend language, if you need it to. Kudos to Daniel, this is fantastic.

Regards,

Sean
Gaz_Japan
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Gaz_Japan
On the E site it says that
David Blaine performed "the torn corner card trick" or Angle Z for celebrities Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde in his special for ABC called eReal or Magicf.
I saw an effect with a bill that looked like regeneration. Was that Angle Z??
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2013-11-21 16:37, Gaz_Japan wrote:
David Blaine performed "the torn corner card trick" or Angle Z for celebrities Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde in his special for ABC called eReal or Magicf.
No, that was a variation of Regeneration by Blake Vogt.
Angle Z was performed by david blaine and mixed in with a spit kind o restoration. It was probably cut out from the final cut if you didn't see it.

I started performing this effect more often now. I vary from corner in spectator's pocket or behind a window depending on the situation. I have a few revelations I love I'm keeping to myself for now Smile.
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
For a long while now, I've been using Angle Zero in conjunction with the Albo Card for a really interesting bonus restoration. I was hoping Angle Zero would stay on the DL so I could enjoy this gem by myself, but the two effects really compliment one another.

After a person selects a card, I tear off a corner and make it vanish. I typically make it reappear under their watch (or elsewhere on their person). I let that moment sink in after they verify that the piece matches the card. Then I make use of James/Ellis loading move to swith in the Albo Card. I have the spectator sign the face of the card and make the corner vanish again. It then reappears fully restored on to the torn card but backwards, misprinted. People rave about this effect-- it's definitely been a nice reputation maker for years.

RS.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 15:26, Raymond Singson wrote:
For a long while now, I've been using Angle Zero in conjunction with the Albo Card for a really interesting bonus restoration. I was hoping Angle Zero would stay on the DL so I could enjoy this gem by myself, but the two effects really compliment one another.

After a person selects a card, I tear off a corner and make it vanish. I typically make it reappear under their watch (or elsewhere on their person). I let that moment sink in after they verify that the piece matches the card. Then I make use of James/Ellis loading move to swith in the Albo Card. I have the spectator sign the face of the card and make the corner vanish again. It then reappears fully restored on to the torn card but backwards, misprinted. People rave about this effect-- it's definitely been a nice reputation maker for years.

RS.

That is a GREAT idea man!
JM
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-21 16:51, Blindside785 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-21 16:37, Gaz_Japan wrote:
No, that was a variation of Regeneration by Blake Vogt.
Angle Z was performed by david blaine and mixed in with a spit kind o restoration. It was probably cut out from the final cut if you didn't see it.

I started performing this effect more often now. I vary from corner in spectator's pocket or behind a window depending on the situation. I have a few revelations I love I'm keeping to myself for now Smile.

It is such a great effect! I would love to hear your other ideas if you want to PM me. I will share with you (only you) my version...in their hands.
JM
YLyoo
View Profile
Regular user
South Korea
108 Posts

Profile of YLyoo
Wow looks great! Someone recommended this to me as a souvenir-type of effect. I'm gonna check it out!
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Just placed my order. I imagine the key to this effect rests entirely on an incredibly convincing f***e.
SociallyAwkwardPenguin
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of SociallyAwkwardPenguin
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 06:41, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Just placed my order. I imagine the key to this effect rests entirely on an incredibly convincing f***e.

Get Dani Da Ortiz to teach you. He can force like no other...

Or the Paul Green DVD, that is also excellent in an entirely different style.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-23 06:41, VernonOnCoins wrote:

Not at all!
I now do not even do that, I just take a card off the top of the deck, the card is insignificant to them.
JM
Sasasaam
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Sasasaam
I'm still confused. This is or isn't gimmicked?! If it's not and it's impromptu like some people have been saying, then why refills? And if it's gimmicked, how many gimmicks come with the effect? How many with the refill? I'm assuming they're one use each if it's gimmicks.
Cardmagicdavid
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Cardmagicdavid
Is this available as a download or just Dvd ?
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 18:18, Sasasaam wrote:
I'm still confused. This is or isn't gimmicked?! If it's not and it's impromptu like some people have been saying, then why refills? And if it's gimmicked, how many gimmicks come with the effect? How many with the refill? I'm assuming they're one use each if it's gimmicks.

There must be a confusion. There is no gimmick with this one. The angle Z that comes with the gaff system are the ones that requires a refill.
Anything is Possible
Sasasaam
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Sasasaam
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 23:17, cricketer15 wrote:
Quote:

There must be a confusion. There is no gimmick with this one. The angle Z that comes with the gaff system are the ones that requires a refill.

There is very much a confusion. Is the Angle Z that comes with the Gaff System simply a different effect? A different method for the same effect? A supplementary effect or aid to the original effect?
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 17:39, Sasasaam wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 23:17, cricketer15 wrote:
Quote:

There is very much a confusion. Is the Angle Z that comes with the Gaff System simply a different effect? A different method for the same effect? A supplementary effect or aid to the original effect?

the angle z that comes with gaff system is different effect that uses a gaff deck. the angle z dvd uses a legit deck with different effect. the one in gaff system (tears the corner of a card out, place it on the back of the card, it melts onto the card), the standalone anglez is tears a card out, dissapears, appears in spectators pocket. Completely different, although, you will be tearing cards out so you need to get them refilled eventually, lol, but for the gaff system refill you must buy the gaff refill deck (which is $12 for 52 cards), the anglez one I assume you can use any normal playing cards.
Anything is Possible
Sasasaam
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Sasasaam
Ahh. That makes much more sense. So is this impromptu then?
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-30 23:00, Sasasaam wrote:

Yep totally!
JM
Sasasaam
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Sasasaam
Oh actually I think I just answered my own question. Oops.
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On 2013-11-30 23:00, Sasasaam wrote:

It is. And it's really, really good. Wish I thought of it! Or at least sold it. :/ Good stuff, though, seriously.
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
How difficult is this for an absolute beginner in cards? I like the effect, but wonder if I have the dexterity in my hands to ever be able to perform it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angle Z DVD by Daniel Madison/Ellusionist (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL