The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Father Daniel Rolland (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Greetings.

If you haven't seen it, some of you might be interested in one chapter (or more, but one in particular) in Jeff McBride and Eugene Burger's book, "Mystery School." Father Daniel Rolland has a presentation for Bubble Magic, using the same type of effect as Molly McBubble or Laflin's "Bible Bubbles."

His presentation is a poem, and talks about the breath of God and creating. It really is a beautiful presentation of the effect. I like how at the end of it, he gives away the "bubble" as a keepsake.

What I like about this presentation is it seems to catch (no pun intended) the moment of astonishment (thanks Paul) and leave it with the audience member a little longer than other presentations of this effect.

RevJohn
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Try contacting Doug Wathen who works with Duane Laflin as he did a great bubble ministry lecture at FCM in Portland a few years ago, and I think I remember him using the poem you mentioned.

He had a good set of lecture notes too.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
That is some good information. I will have to check with Duane.

Father Daniel also mentions using Vito Lupo's Bubble Mixture that allows for bouncing the bubbles. Thought that was a good idea.

RevJohn
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
"MERRY CHRISTMAS"
For those of us unfortunates who have no idea what you are talking about Smile Smile , but are extremely intrigued, would someone elaborate on this whole subject. I've never heard of "Bubble Magic" Smile , but would love to learn more.
Thanks and
Godspeed,
Steve Smile
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Steve,

Would love to. The basic premise is that you hold a bottle of bubbles, and after blowing some bubbles into the air, you grab one and it is seen to turn hard, and solid.

Vito Lupo has a Bubble Mixture in which you can blow a bubble and actually bounce the bubble off your Elbow. So what Father Daniel proposes, is using the two together. Bounce a bubble once or twice, and then grab it out of the air.

Doc Haley has an effect out called, "Bible Bubbles," and years ago I bought an effect called Molly McBubble, which both use a hard plastic acrylic ball, (as does most effects in which you actually grab the bubble out of the air.)

That is just some background about what Bubble magic can look like.

Hope it helps,

John
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Thanks RevJohn

Sounds like there is a lot of potential here, I'll have to look into Doc Haley's Bible Bubbles.

Where can I find stuff on Vito Lupo's Bubble Mixture?

Thanks again
Steve Smile
Illusions4Life
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
128 Posts

Profile of Illusions4Life
I have been doing a routine using "Bubbles Bubbles" which I think is the same basic principle as Bubble Magic for some time now. I do not bounce the bubble off my elbow though, it would fit nicely into the routine that I do. I also would like information on Vito Lupo's Bubble Mixture.

Thanks
Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Father Daniel Rolland (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL