The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Breakaway box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kenz Krazy
View Profile
New user
Kent in the U.K
74 Posts

Profile of Kenz Krazy
Hi
I have acquired a breakaway box for using in a dove vanish, what is the best way to attach the paper? I have attached a photo it was suggested it is a Jack Hughes one. I have not got any instructions so if you have any advice re taking it apart after the load that would be great. Please PM me if you would prefer .
Thanks
Ken
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I'm not seeing the photo. I have had a few of these over the years. If I could see it, I might be of some assistance.

Best,

Allen
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I always used double sided tape. I've heard of others using rubber cement but this seemed a lot messier and difficult to apply that tape.
Where the magic begins
Kenz Krazy
View Profile
New user
Kent in the U.K
74 Posts

Profile of Kenz Krazy
Sorry but photo seams to be in wrong format
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I always used tape, usually masking tape. I applied the paper to the inside of the panels, so the outside always stay "neat" in appearance. The only exception was with Abbott's Newspaper Tear-Apart vanish. It had a smaller "window" on the front panel, so I would attach the paper to the inside opposite the shortened end and then feed it through the opening, and used double-stick tape, or tape circles to attach that final area. This was also cut so as to resemble the other frames, not just left at any random length. I hope that makes sense.

I found it also a good idea to cut a small slit in the center of each paper panel. This insures that the paper tears at that spot as you go, and that you don't just punch the entire panel through the frame. It looks better.

Regarding the order, and assuming the load is in the front panel, I go: Top, front, back, side, side, bottom. That seems to offer the greatest cover. I've even done it with the audience wrapped way around the sides.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I too used masking tape on the standard models. The exception that I was thinking of was indeed the one Michael mentioned from Abbotts. The Abbotts one I had flew out the back of a Jeep on the way to a show once years ago and smashed on the highway. I never replaced it, but it was a pretty nice model Smile

You might want to stick to white masking tape as I have found the blue stuff tends to come off when going to punch the hole through the paper. I have used packing tape in a pinch, but that can take the paint with it. Clear scotch tape works well too.

Allen
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Kenz Krazy
View Profile
New user
Kent in the U.K
74 Posts

Profile of Kenz Krazy
Thanks guys for info .
Ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Breakaway box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL