The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » D'Lite - Pill bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
I'll bet someone has said this before but I could not find it in a search.

I have carried D'Lite in a standard presription pill bottle for years. It keeps pocket stuff from getting into it and keys from turning it on. Keeps it clean too and very easy to put on (insert with open side facing out). There is a size bottle that fits it perfectly.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Spatula545
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Spatula545
I think another good place to keep your D-lites are in those plastic bubbles that come out of those "quarter toy machines."
12 pennies stacked equals the hight of a dime.
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
With a little creativity I modified the case I bought them in to make it as small as possible while still being able to hold both gimmicks.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I usually keep it in a plastic screw organizers in their own little compartment. That is when I am not carrying them in my pocket anyway.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
jimisolo
View Profile
Regular user
League City, TX
110 Posts

Profile of jimisolo
Interesting suggestions. I keep mine in little box I found (I think it originally came with some "fairy" dust and this little pieces of paper with various spells written on them).

Anywho, has anyone else noticed how much the quality of the D'lites has improved over the last couple of years? I had to replace one of mine recently, and immediately decided to go ahead and get a new combo pack, after seeing how well the new ones are made. Smile
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
I like the idea of using the pill bottle, I'm off to try and find a pill bottle now. Smile
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
A pillbottle is a nice idea,
I bought a large cigar for new years last year. It came in a aluminum container.
I cut it on the top and bottom, and it fits my D'Lites perfectly when I insert them in each end, and it's also easy to carry around.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
If you don't have pill bottles, I've used a film canister I've got dozens of those things laying around with all the pictures we take in a year.

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
I second that, X. I use 35mm film containers too. I use them for regular tt's also. Too many vernet's I carried developed cracks in them. I usually have a money morph setup in one.
Anthatron
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Anthatron
Thanks for starting the idea about the pill bottle. The day I read this thread I found an empty plastic Sucrets box with a flip top lid that I use to carry my Dlites now.
montag
View Profile
New user
mayfield, new york
8 Posts

Profile of montag
I have found the perfect bottle.. Ive had my D'lites for about a year and had no place to put them. My father workes at a hospital and he brought me a bottle used for holding liquids like blood and stuff. This bottle holds them perfectly. Stop by your nearest hospital and see if you can get one.
with death comes new life
never seek sanctuary were the devil is king
if you love something let it go, if it loves you it will come back

john plumadore
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
A real advantage of the 35mm film container is that it has a top that makes it water proof! The colors are good too: black or white. I've had a few grey ones.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
believer
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of believer
I usually just wear mine, given the right conditions. I agree that film containers can hold a plethora. Now which one had the white top...?
RxGregory
View Profile
New user
St. Charles, MO
65 Posts

Profile of RxGregory
I wish I had seen this sooner. Almost every small magic item I own is in it's own pill bottle. You can take a Sharpie and write the effect on the lid, or use a sticky label to wrap it around the bottle. Not only does the sticky label conceal what's inside, but you can easily see what effect is what. Go to your local pharmacy, and ask the pharmacist for some vials and lids. He/She might charge you for them, but I wouldn't. If you live in St. Louis, stop by - I'll give them to you for free. They range from 8 dram all the way up to 60 dram. For reference, a 13 dram vial is as big around as a 35mm film container, but about a 1/2 inch taller.

Greg
If it was easy, everybody would do it, and if everybody did it, it wouldn't be magic.
David Roth (Ultimate Coin Magic Vol. 11)
RBerteig
View Profile
Regular user
Monrovia, California
146 Posts

Profile of RBerteig
Just my $0.02. I use a common size pill bottle for my super micro ITR. Wrapped in a fabric scrap, it exactly fits the bottle without rattling, and stays less dusty. My D'Lite was already in one as well.
Ross Berteig
Wizards in my Parlor
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Hi

I store my D'lites each with a T**** T** in them.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
mikeypresto
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of mikeypresto
Tupperware makes a shot size container with lid, can be easily velcroed to the inside of the case
Magically,

Mikey
Fizzban Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
and Jedi Knight
204 Posts

Profile of Fizzban Magic
I Suggest a trip to the candy store. They are putting candy in all sorts of odd shaped containers that can be used for small props and accessories I use the mini M&M containers for several things and the lids they have stay attached! Perfect! if you cut the bottom off of one, two can be put together with a lil duct tape for longer items.
Ted Danger
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco/Utila
106 Posts

Profile of Ted Danger
Thanks for the tips, they'll go great in my doctors bag... "for light headaches"...
"One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility." Albert E.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The plastic Easter eggs kids have at Easter are good storage too. Yep, they'll even hold a real egg for safety in your case.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » D'Lite - Pill bottle (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL