The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi from Australia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nicholascaged
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of nicholascaged
Hello all

I have been interested in magic for a while now. It started with a number of magic sets that sat under a bed collecting dust. One day I dusted them off and started working through the tricks of each set. I like close up magic.

I love to watch peoples expressions. I love the look of amazement. I guess this drives me to learn more.

I look forward to learning from the site and being friendly. I consider myself as a novice who can do some tricks but lacks showmanship. I hope I can learn some tricks from this site in regards to this.

Thank You for reading my post

Adam
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Adam
Welcome to the Café.
Yes, showmanship is a very important part of presenting a magic effect in a way that is entertaining.
Do you have any specific routines that you do often and that you are developing your showmanship with.
Enjoy the journey.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome nicholascaged,

Starting with the simple kinds of effects that tend to come in Magic Sets is a good way to develop showmanship.

If you are seeing amazement on their faces, you are already on the right track.

Best of Luck.

-Mary Mowder
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Need more Australian magicians!
Anything is Possible
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Hi Adam, A wise man once said, We are all actors playing the part of a Magician. And I agree. Welcome!
nytaylor21
View Profile
New user
Utah
55 Posts

Profile of nytaylor21
Welcome! It's great to see new people getting bit by the magic bug! Warning...there is no cure!
Kaneda
View Profile
New user
Keithville, LA
81 Posts

Profile of Kaneda
Hi there welcome to the Café hope to get a chance to talk to you about our love, magic.
YLyoo
View Profile
Regular user
South Korea
108 Posts

Profile of YLyoo
Welcome! It is great to see someone passionate about magic!
nicholascaged
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of nicholascaged
Thank you all for your kind replies

Bob guess still finding my way. I have upgraded some of my tricks which has brought about more amazement. I have learned to transition quicker to the next trick and found that people love to touch or choose items. Believing they
have free will / choice.

I get greater reactions from these types of tricks.

I need to work on patter and this is the area which requires the most improvement. I can complete the tricks happily. I would like to state generic tricks but feel I should put my own individual spin on them.

THank you for your positive posts Mr Danny/Mary Mowder/criketer15/nytaylor21/kaneda/ylyoo/troppobob

I look forward to chatting with you when we get a chance.

Regards

Adam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi from Australia (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL