The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Vanishing 3 balls at once. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I'm working on a routine with the theme "Thin Air". In the beginning I produce 3 balls apparently from nowhere, and I'd like to vanish all three at once (poof) just before a surprise final load punctuates the end. I could palm them in a false transfer and lap them as I reach for a wand. I'm not crazy about using a wand, and 3 is a handful, but I might be able to smooth that out with practice.

I can't right away think of a way to use the end cups (center is already loaded), but maybe there's something there.

Any other thoughts out there? Any videos to watch?
Tilman
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Tilman
As you speak of lapping, the technique Al Schneider uses in this video might be of interest to you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvE0gTouogg.

Even though you could probably reconstruct it: if you plan on using this, buy Al Schneider's book (the big one he published with L&L) in which he explains his cups and balls work.

Good luck!
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Thanks for reminding of that, Tilman. I'll study that more closely. I think I've seen that move described somewhere.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
1934 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
It is fairly common for people doing the 3 ball trick to vanish the balls to conclude. If you are doing it as a cups and balls segment, just note that you don't even need the cups, stack the outer two onto the loaded center cup, do your 3-ball segment and vanish the balls, then tip over the stack to show your surprise load.

-Patrick
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
Topit. Pull. Many ways available. It might help to stick all the balls together with some silly putty so the vanish is of one solid object.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Profile of Leo H
My best answer is the 3 ball vanish at the end of John Carney's cups and balls routine in the Book of Secrets. Admittedly, Carney describes this move with a wand in play and the 3 balls can be a handful at one inch a piece. But it will get the job done elegantly.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
A wand is certainly possible. Set the wand end to and dip the near end below the table briefly as you pick it up. I like the look of 1 inch balls with my cups, but 7/8 is much easier for me to handle right now.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
And thanks, Leo H, for the Carney tip. Looks like his book is out of print and unavailable now.
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
665 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
John Carney is still selling them.
http://www.carneymagic.com/store_books.html

Marlo also explains a method in Arcade Dreams.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
John Schyrock has a beautiful vanish of 3 balls in his cups routine on his DVD from Caesars Empire. Nothing really fancy, but timed perfectly and it looks so beautiful. Totally eliminates the need to ditch the 3 balls in the pocket to pick up a 4th load.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Vanishing 3 balls at once. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL