The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek's PK Touch DVD? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
OTTOEMEZZO
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of OTTOEMEZZO
Does anyone know if there has been an official date for the DVD release yet? It's on my most anticipated release list and I would love to see this effect in action from the master himself.
"The Swan Song" is my last release to the mentalism community. Only a few copies remain!

"Unholy Grail" is now available! Features Perfected Day for Any Date, Ultimate PK Touches, Triple Drawing Duplication, and The Presence (my ghost effect)! Everything is 100% prop-less!

"Tres" LIMITED EDITION e-Book contains my signature "No Touches" PK Touches! Now SOLD OUT!

"Reverie" is for sale! Features extremely strong, 100% prop-less mentalism effects!

"Secret Files" is NOW AVAILABLE directly through me. Contains the EASIEST DAY FOR ANY DATE version!!!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
We,all are waiting! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0

Ricks wife explains the set back, I hope he's doing well.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Cant wait for this one!I aways wanted to see Banacheck himself doing his PK touch effect!
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1069 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Are there any updates on this?
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Yes, been a long time now.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2286 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Banachek gave a brief update about the DVD in a thread in Innner Thoughts.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Develin
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Develin
Any news on this ?
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

As Banachek and I have both stated numerous times, there is no "Banachek PK Touch DVD". There IS a DVD set that features both of us performing/teaching, and on that set, Banachek performs and teaches "PK Touches" for the first time on video.

The set is shot, edited, and awaiting the final bits of work before the DVDs themselves can be physically produced and sold.

The original delay was caused by the unexpected release of my "Mental Deceptions" set (after seven years of it being held by the producers of those DVDs), and the need to not have both sets come out at the same time.

However, after an appropriate amount of time had passed, another delay was thrust upon me when I was unexpectedly hit with another very serious medical condition. I went through extensive surgery at the beginning of October, only to find myself in much worse shape after the operation. As it turns out, although the situation was indeed very serious, the diagnosis was completely incorrect, which means that the doctor did the wrong surgery. Even worse, the surgery itself was botched and has come undone, leaving me in a very weakened state, and dangerous situation, for months.

Today I completed my final tests before my next scheduled surgery (yes, with new doctors) in less than two weeks. But, before that happens, the doctors will find out from today's tests if my heart is strong enough to survive the operation. I won't know that until Tuesday. If it is, that's great and the operation occurs the following week. But, if my heart is not strong enough, no one knows what we do from here.

With all of that said, all projects are completely on-hold.

I honestly do appreciate the interest that everyone has in "PK Touches", but to be honest, I simply no longer have the strength to respond to constant emails and private messages. Plus, just saying that I was not able to complete the project didn't seem to be enough of an "excuse" for some folks, so I have decided to just do my best to gather a tiny bit of strength and tell everyone what is going on.

I apologize for the delay, but I am completely serious when I say that fighting for my life is keeping me from thinking about anything else right now.

Finally, I am very exhausted after today's tests, so I am sorry for any typos or mistakes in the message.

Thanks very much.

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I personally feel there is no need for you to apologize for anything Rick. The only thing that matters right now is your health and the loved ones around you. Get better soon and I hope to see all goes well here in the future.
Twitter @darjames
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10486 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Completely understood.
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of Dreda
Take care of yourself Mister Maue.
intheillusion
View Profile
New user
Miami, FL
34 Posts

Profile of intheillusion
Sending positive vibrations your way.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3966 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Things like this put everything else into perspective. Get well, Rick. That's what matters now.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1594 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On May 9, 2014, Jamie D wrote:
I personally feel there is no need for you to apologize for anything Rick. The only thing that matters right now is your health and the loved ones around you. Get better soon and I hope to see all goes well here in the future.

Exactly.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I would love to see this DVD, but would prefer to hear you are on the road to recovery. Best wishes.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On May 9, 2014, Rick Maue wrote:
Greetings,

As Banachek and I have both stated numerous times, there is no "Banachek PK Touch DVD". There IS a DVD set that features both of us performing/teaching, and on that set, Banachek performs and teaches "PK Touches" for the first time on video.

The set is shot, edited, and awaiting the final bits of work before the DVDs themselves can be physically produced and sold.

The original delay was caused by the unexpected release of my "Mental Deceptions" set (after seven years of it being held by the producers of those DVDs), and the need to not have both sets come out at the same time.

However, after an appropriate amount of time had passed, another delay was thrust upon me when I was unexpectedly hit with another very serious medical condition. I went through extensive surgery at the beginning of October, only to find myself in much worse shape after the operation. As it turns out, although the situation was indeed very serious, the diagnosis was completely incorrect, which means that the doctor did the wrong surgery. Even worse, the surgery itself was botched and has come undone, leaving me in a very weakened state, and dangerous situation, for months.

Today I completed my final tests before my next scheduled surgery (yes, with new doctors) in less than two weeks. But, before that happens, the doctors will find out from today's tests if my heart is strong enough to survive the operation. I won't know that until Tuesday. If it is, that's great and the operation occurs the following week. But, if my heart is not strong enough, no one knows what we do from here.

With all of that said, all projects are completely on-hold.

I honestly do appreciate the interest that everyone has in "PK Touches", but to be honest, I simply no longer have the strength to respond to constant emails and private messages. Plus, just saying that I was not able to complete the project didn't seem to be enough of an "excuse" for some folks, so I have decided to just do my best to gather a tiny bit of strength and tell everyone what is going on.

I apologize for the delay, but I am completely serious when I say that fighting for my life is keeping me from thinking about anything else right now.

Finally, I am very exhausted after today's tests, so I am sorry for any typos or mistakes in the message.

Thanks very much.

Keep the change,
Rick

Wishing you all the best and get well soon Rick - nothing else matters.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
Rick

Your health and welfare are paramount. All else is trivial.

Be well. Your friends and fans wish you nothing but the best.

Gerry
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
Rhewin
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2022, domclarke wrote:
Isn't this on his Penguin Live Lecture?

Yep, in detail to exactly how he performs it in his Vegas show today.
KarpeNoktem
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of KarpeNoktem
I've watched that lecture since. Thanks Smile Interesting stuff. I think context is key for this effect: setting the mood up. Doing it quickly or launching with it in an impromptu environment before they know what you do with Banachek's method is not as deceptive to some skeptical people from my experience

Have you guys experienced this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek's PK Touch DVD? (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL