The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » On Blaine's "Real or Magic?" » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
BigDC
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of BigDC
Whether this was real or magic on Blaine's part, it is very irrelevant, because it was ALL very well done. I applaud David Blaine for this.
WazMeister
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of WazMeister
Can we list the tricks he did and Thier names for learning and further understanding purposes please
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I haven’t seen this show yet but I just read a review of it from one of our broadsheet newspapers. The review’s introduction was what most caught my attention. The reviewer expresses what seems to be a common feeling among non magicians who review magic shows. Even when they like a show they can’t shake off the feeling that there's something unpalatable about the nature or intention of it.

‘Oddly, there’s something about master illusionists that gets up the nostrils. It’s the narcissism and the megalomania which grates, the perverse messianic desire to engender awe and inspire wonder. It would be intriguing to know what underpins the pathology, beyond the basic bloat of male pride (women don’t tend to bother with this stuff). But just as they never explain their tricks, magicians never reveal what makes them tick.’

I’ll reserve my opinion until after I’ve watched the show but thought the general point made by this reviewer was interesting in, for me at least, a vaguely annoying sort of way.

The full review can be read here
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
Blaine went back to basic here. A great return to form.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » On Blaine's "Real or Magic?" » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL