The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Blaine "Magic or Real?" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ok. I'll be the first to ask, since it is a question literally waiting to be asked:

Anybody see the Blaine special last night? Comments?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Loved it. Had been performing at an art gallery event and totally forgot this was on. Came home and watched it on the dvr.

I know how constantly he gets criticized but watching him go back to (more or less) pure closeup was wonderful. Even when the methodology was known, I just felt like a kid again.

Was nice to have a strong performance as a magician and then come home and be a layman. It's been a while.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Also, it was clever how he integrated the needles and ice picks, it almost blurs the line between magic and the endurance stuff he did a lot more of in the past. Sort of brought it together I thought.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I didn't get a chance to watch all of it, but what I did see I really enjoyed seeing a lit cigarette burn a hole in a 20 dollar bill and watching David restore the 20 dollar bill.

I also really liked his torn and restored effects.
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
I thought his use of the iPhone camera in the triumph routine was an excellent idea...I can't wait to try that one! Smile I really did enjoy the show.

Zack Johnston

:bluebikes:
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
Is this a series or just one episode?
Searching for the magic side of life...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Just one.

Harrison Ford's reaction was priceless! (Assuming it was not acting, which I'm pretty sure it was not)

Something HAD to be pre-arranged, since the selection was only a mental selection. (Purportedly)

Also the alligator production was a bit over the top, well at least for a magician, because you and I on this forum all know that can't be done impromptu, therefore he had to bring the creature in ahead of time. You don't just sneak a gator in concealed in your pocket of on your person. They are just a tad conspicuous, no?

So Kate Perry must have seen the prep before cameras rolled. (Unless David said "Close your eyes, Kate. I'm gonna bring this croc in!"

That all tells me she was in on it and most likely acting.

Be that as it may, David was in top form. My mind was blown on a lot of the effects. 

Now we are all going to have to deal with the fallout in the coming weeks: "Csn you do X Y Z trick that David  Blaine did on TV?

"No, Mr or Mrs potential spectator. I can't pull a live alligator out of someone's purse comlpletely impromptu / on the spot! However, what I CAN do, is.....
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
Thanks. I'll watch it tonight.
Searching for the magic side of life...
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
That's a great idea.... "The Croc trick".... Will the gator be included in the package...?
...The only easy day is yesterday...
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
I will try to watch it! David B is awesome!
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
After watching that, I want to learn how to water spout. unfortunately only 2 man in the world knows that.

ps would never drink kerosene.
ps. how did david stick the needle through without bleeding when they xrayed him?
Anything is Possible
nbl
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of nbl
It was Awesome...Loved the trick where he blows fire on the wall...
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
He evens performs the 3 card monte routine (Garrett Thomas version)
The program is Blaine at his best!
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
This was very entertaining. The needle through the hand was awesome.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Holmfirth, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Good to see Mr B back on form, I actually thought his card manipulations were better than ever. Nice to see pre-show work kept to a minimum - Dynamo take note.

Nick
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted, bizarre artefacts and illusions. The Uninvited, Death Row Diner, The Koshkin Effect, Whiteface, Satan's Circus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Blaine "Magic or Real?" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL