We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Dry ice valve (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
Where can I buy a cheap dry ice maker valve - the special valve that goes on the CO2 tank

Thanks,

martini
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Remember you need to also get a siphon co2 tank. I found mine on ebay. I would have to look what I paid for it. To be honest, I have never used it because I found commercially made dry ice works better for my needs and is much, much cheaper to use.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
Not sure of what you are looking to do, but there is fast disappating fog machine fluid as well. (won't work for a "cover the stage with dry ice look")
lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
I like the fact that it's easy to make a small amount of CO2 quickly
lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, it is handy to make but as I said it is very expensive to use and not very efficient. If you have dry ice supply house in your area, you might want to talk to them and they can tell you exact figures, but it does waste a lot. The dry ice formed is kind like snow in the little bag. It will not last nearly as long as commercially made dry ice. They could also advise you on the tank you asked about. It looks ok but I am not sure. If you do not have a siphon tube, it possible to turn some tanks upside down to use them.

Believe me, I have explored all the options as I been using dry ice in my Atomic Cocktail Shaker for over thirty years. I have tried a lot of this stuff and weighed out all the options. The easiest way is to carry the dry ice with you to the gig. I have held dry ice, enough for the act for five days.

I don't want to say don't do it but I am trying to give you the benefit of what I have learned. One thing if you use dry ice in your act, you hardly have to worry about someone copying it as most guys are too lazy to handle and work with the dry ice.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Dry ice valve (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL