The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My Favorite Psychic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Hands down the greatest psychic of all time- The Amazing Criswell-

Here he is on New Years Eve, 1965, on the Johnny Carson show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2uV1KLuhvY#t=60

:eek:
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10526 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The year I was born!

How does he do it ? I got a shiver watching it lol.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

He was such a marvelous character it was no wonder that he was such a popular talk show guest. (I loved his prediction about nude dude ranches.)

Not exactly in the same category as the late Sylvia Brown. Although I suspect he had a much higher accuracy rating. Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10526 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I wonder what year Carson really got the magic bug? I know he was a member of the Castle wasn't he Bob?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18481 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thanks for post that bob, I'd never heard of him before...reading his wiki page is very interesting too...

and this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwc65bf99......tailpage
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-22 16:31, saysold1 wrote:
I wonder what year Carson really got the magic bug? I know he was a member of the Castle wasn't he Bob?

He was doing magic as a teenager, performing under the name The Great Carsoni. There are photos on the Internet of him performing as a teen.

And, yes, I believe he was a member of the Castle. Magic was a lifelong love. And he was really quite good. I recall one Tonight Show on which he did some very credible and skillful card and ball manipulations.

Previous Tonight Show host, the legendary Steve Allen, was also into magic and, in fact, did a very entertaining two person mentalism routine with his wife Jayne Meadows.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2493 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Carson sometimes went to the Magic Castle, not sure he was a member.
Thanks for the link Bob.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-22 17:09, IAIN wrote:
Thanks for post that bob, I'd never heard of him before...reading his wiki page is very interesting too...

and this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwc65bf99......tailpage

Iain-

He was the narrator and starred in one of the worst/best films every made- "Plan 9 From Outer Space." His character was also immortalized in the film "Ed Wood."

Here is is opening narration for Plan 9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb6H14gVWjM

"Can your heart stand the shocking facts about grave robbers from outer space?"
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10526 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Bob-

Your post reminded me of an NPR interview I heard a few weeks ago while driving to MindVention.

I think you will find it interesting - it was with Margaret Talbot, daughter of actor Lyle Talbot who was in numerous B movies.

I won't give too much away but I think the audio interview will fascinate you:

http://www.npr.org/2012/11/21/165595506/......r-father
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2493 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
On a side note I'm selling my copy of Criswell Predicts under Books for sale
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 17:09, IAIN wrote:

Iain,did you see the movie,"Ed Wood",starring Johny Depp ?

Criswell,was the Psychic,in that film!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Lol thanks for posting this Bob it brought a smile to my face lol
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-22 18:43, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
Lol thanks for posting this Bob it brought a smile to my face lol

I think Criswell is a nice balance to the Sylvia Browne thread. Offhand, I can't think of anyone- not even among the arch-skeptics- who had a negative thing to say about him. He was a true original.

He never offered to communicate with the dead, nor did he offer personal advice. He just predicted things with wildly varying degrees of success. But even when he was totally wrong, which was more often than not, he was always fun to listen to.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18481 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 19:11, mastermindreader wrote:

He never offered to communicate with the dead, nor did he offer personal advice. He just predicted things with wildly varying degrees of success. But even when he was totally wrong, which was more often than not, he was always fun to listen to.

which is a brilliant way of doing it - very entertaining it was/still is too...

a very likeable person as well...

I haven't seen Plan 9 from Outer Space since 1988! I only know that cos that was the first year I did film studies at college, when I was 16... might have to grab a copy of it now...

never seen Ed Wood (can't stand tim Burton films usually)...
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
He did it light hearted, it was a fun diversion not really to be taken serous. he did the dramatic presentation of the day very well lol
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Just to clarify, Criswell is not in Tim Burton's film, "Ed Wood". Rather he is played by actor Jeffrey Jones in the movie.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 19:42, Randwill wrote:
Just to clarify, Criswell is not in Tim Burton's film, "Ed Wood". Rather he is played by actor Jeffrey Jones in the movie.

True,Randwill is correct!

Did not mean to,mislead! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
What a wonderful voice he had. And it's always good to see Carson. None of the talk show hosts can equal his standard.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
You do hear Criswell's actual voice in the narration of the premier of Plan 9 at the end of Ed Wood.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Is this a "Gag" like a Character like "Borat"? Like was Criswell a actual Mentalist? I know Carson was a Great Magician and exposed Geller. I'm not picking up on the Joke if there is one I guess. Nice seeing the Carson footage though Bob, wow he looked young ... Ha Ha Ha.

God Bless, Ed
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My Favorite Psychic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL