The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Posting Question - T.A.R.D.U.S. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
My post in Boxes, Tubes & Bags has disappeared. Did I commit a Faux Pas by posting there?
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Perhaps a perceived violation of the advertising rules?

"While you may something along the lines of:
"Check out my new book, it's available at your favorite dealer" What I don't want to see is: "Buy my new book, I take PayPal and you can find it on my site" or "We are now taking pre-orders for my new product, etc" There is a big difference between the two approaches. The former is making members aware of a new offering and telling them to see their dealers while the latter are both blatant ads. Postings that do not comply will be removed without reason or warning given."
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5121 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 22:16, AGMagic wrote:
My post in Boxes, Tubes & Bags has disappeared. Did I commit a Faux Pas by posting there?

Your topic was in 3 forums. Let's make a deal, the workshop and boxes tubes and bags. Topics should be restricted to just one applicable forum. In any event, it was considered advertising. Let's make a deal is for posts of items no longer wanted and only 1 or 2 of a particular item. The workshop is for discussion and making, repairing or improving an item. Neither or which should be used to sell items.
Where the magic begins
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
Dave, I posted in two applicable forums, merely to announce that my product was available. I only included the price because I knew someone would ask. I posted in Workshop to show what I had built and in Boxes, Tubes and bags because it seemed to fit there. I did not post in Let's Make A Deal. Now that both of my posts have been deleted. Can I re-post with no price and just the link to my Facebook page? I was getting good feedback from both forums, which is what I was after.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5121 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
As long as your face book page isn't selling the item, you can link to it. I would make the post either in latest and greatest or the workshop but not both.
Where the magic begins
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
So from other postings I see, I assume I can reference a website or Facebook page but not link to it directly if it has the item for sale? I honestly thought I was following protocol based on the many other postings that I have seen.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Posting Question - T.A.R.D.U.S. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL