We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Reactions of spectators on DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
I haven't seen too many magic instructional DVDs in my lifetime, but the ones I have are done by great magicians; however, these DVDs show these great magicians performing in front of spectators whose reactions are quite painful for me to hear while I am trying to study the magician doing his performance. Spectators yelling "Oh that's impossible!!!" or laughing hysterically is something I like to get when I am performing, but it's not something I like to listen to on a DVD.

The first time I ever saw a magic tape was in the 1980's on VHS. As I recall, the spectators on the tape were quiet throughout the trick and clapped at the end of the trick. This was very good. I wish the new DVDs would follow this model.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Do you agree?
Jinx18
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Jinx18
Yea it is distracting. On an instructional DVD the reaction is not important but I guess they don't want you to think it is a bad trick.
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
Why would you buy or watch the DVD if you thought any of the tricks were bad?
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Filler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Reactions of spectators on DVDs (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL