The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The diabolical truth about the EXORCIST (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Very interesting artical in the Daily Mail weekend supplement regarding a supposed true story of possession.
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Where can I read about it? thanks
Do you personaly belive in that?
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Do you have a link for it ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 23:31, DWRackley wrote:
Found a couple articles prior to Halloween...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......949.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......ion.html

Very interesting!!! Thanks
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Sorry I could not link you up gentleman,not that good on the PC.Thanks for putting a link up for everyone to share DWRackley.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
They do exorcisms in my country ALL THE TIME.

Just youtube Malay Exorcism or RASUK.

I think it's all suggestion. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Exorcisms are a real phenomenon. Period.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
It's a fascinating subject. I do have very personal views that I nearly posted up but then thought better of it. I'm interested to know if anyone believes it is *actual* demons that cause the possession, or whether the culprit may be the unconscious mind?
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I do believe it's both. I mean we know crazed minds can manifest In all sorts of ways. But they are also able to differentiate between both after much analysis and observation.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I beleive to a certain extent that some forms of madness are cases of possession.Proberly get shot down in flames now,but hey ho.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 16:03, John C wrote:
Exorcisms are a real phenomenon. Period.

There are no supernatural elements in it though.

Before you say they speak in tongues, they do at hypnosis shows as well.

It's just a hypnosis show taken way too seriously, that's all exorcisms are imho. Smile
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
I have to agree with you Pakar. My belief is that 'possessions' are just 'abreactions' framed differently. I've experienced both (as in - I've seen people have abreactions and I've seen people get possessed), and they are incredibly similar.

I understand that other people may believe otherwise and that's fine. But IMHO 'there's more of gravy than of grave about you', to frame things in a suitably cheerful festive manner! Smile
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I remember reading about Dr Mesmer getting famous and his first trip to India - he walked up to a small boy and waved his mesmeric hands in front of him and went to put him under the 'fluence...nothing happened whatsoever...the boy spoke english perfectly well...

yet over here, amongst those who knew about him, the very same actions caused much mesmeric manifestations to happen...

if we are taught/shown to behave a certain way by our elders/peers, then we tend to follow their lead - a mix of social compliance, wishful thinking, the imagination, all kinds of things...these all play a part in what we do, how we do it, and WHY we do it...

I think those that believe they are possessed, and get told they are by those in authority - ARE genuinely possessed...its just that I also believe that possession doesn't exist...but if I was asked to write down what a possession would be like, it would look like every single one I've ever seen - whether its been in a book, a film, or a youtube clip...

"oh, you didn't hear about that iain? he behaved like *xyz* and some say he's possessed..."
"what's that?"
"don't you know? he's been dabbling with evil spirits they say...and one took him over..."
"ah, that'll explain his wild behaviour then!"

thinking about it - if possession is possible, and hundreds of thousands of people have experienced it - I find it interesting that no one in a position of political power has ever been possessed and the bomb dropped...

there's a story ready to be written in there somewhere...

ultimately - the imagination is a massively powerful device, it can make us convince ourselves that someone is out to get us, make us think the person on tv is just like their character, that our crush is leaving us secret signs - even that "life is ok if I can get this piece of paper in the bin from here"....

we should work harder on explaining what our imagination can do for both good and bad to our kids and society in general...

culturally, we brits are known for being fairly big drinkers and often quite loud and quarrelsome when on it too - yet in comparison to some other european cities, they drink more and at a younger age - yet do not get loud and fight to anywhere near the same degree as us... its a learned behaviour, a cultural thing...some see the examples happen in front of them, and it becomes their reality too because they know what to do as it were...
I've asked to be banned
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
"It is better to believe than to disbelieve,in doing you bring everything to the realm of possibility." Albert Einstein
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
A quote-off!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
I've asked to be banned
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
It's hard to say to much without weighing in on religious beliefs or stepping on toes. I'll try to be gentle.

A great way to undermine the credibility of all miracle workers is to show the world plenty of fake miracles. "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." An exorcism is an easy miracle to fake. Exorcisms are not the kinds of miracles I would point to while reasoning with skeptics. On the other hand, if I were the Devil I'd want cheats and frauds to captivate the gullible with fake miracles. To skeptics it makes believers in all things supernatural seem credulous and stupid. Pride then keeps skeptics from belief in everything miraculous lest they appear stupid, while false miracles keep a number of believers from discovering what is true.

This all reminds me of a funny yet kinda sad episode of Shirley Ghostman starring Bob Larson.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
One of my favourite clips...(and a fantastic show)..NSFW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7IIumu0FJU
I've asked to be banned
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 17:32, Voodini wrote:
I have to agree with you Pakar. My belief is that 'possessions' are just 'abreactions' framed differently. I've experienced both (as in - I've seen people have abreactions and I've seen people get possessed), and they are incredibly similar.

I understand that other people may believe otherwise and that's fine. But IMHO 'there's more of gravy than of grave about you', to frame things in a suitably cheerful festive manner! Smile

Glad to know you agree. Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
At 3.46 I find it interesting that Lucifer would be so chummy as to gently tap the arm of the person trying to exorcise him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nh_TE894no
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The diabolical truth about the EXORCIST (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL