The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Allowing Long-Time users to use Hotmail, etc » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mikewarner
View Profile
New user
US
100 Posts

Profile of mikewarner
It might be an idea to allow users who have been on this forum for some time to use public email services such as Hotmail and Gmail. As I understand it, these services are currently banned due to spammers from the "outside world" coming into our community and causing trouble. Perhaps once a user has proved himself worthy, by say, posting 50 comments, he could be allowed to change his email.
Of course, I'm new here so I probably wouldn't be one of those users yet, but it's just a thought.

Regards,

Mike
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
400 Posts

Profile of konjurer
I agree. I signed up under an old email address many years ago. I no longer have access to that account. Seems like there should be allowances for people who have been responsible for 50 posts.

Tim
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
C_Biskit
View Profile
New user
United States
82 Posts

Profile of C_Biskit
I also agree. My concerns are the same as Tim's. Even more than 50 posts would be fine by me but I would like to change emails to my gmail account which I use a lot more. You could even set it up so that once you use an email address that isn't private, you cannot use it again, even after you change it to a public one, preventing users who want to be jack holes from using that private email to start another account after being banned.

Andy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5102 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 12:55, mikewarner wrote:
It might be an idea to allow users who have been on this forum for some time to use public email services such as Hotmail and Gmail. As I understand it, these services are currently banned due to spammers from the "outside world" coming into our community and causing trouble. Perhaps once a user has proved himself worthy, by say, posting 50 comments, he could be allowed to change his email.
Of course, I'm new here so I probably wouldn't be one of those users yet, but it's just a thought.

Regards,

Mike

This isn't the only reason for the restriction and it's been discussed several times.
Where the magic begins
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
444 Posts

Profile of Gene
I believe there is merit in that idea and will personally discuss it with Steve.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
444 Posts

Profile of Gene
FYI, I spoke with Steve about this and we decided to offer members the ability to change their email address after 100 valid posts or six months of membership, whichever come first. I'm currently rewriting almost all the codes for the Café and will add that to the list of features I'm adding.

Thanks.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Allowing Long-Time users to use Hotmail, etc » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL