The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Horror Movie Scenes That Frightened You As A Kid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-11-27 15:40, Cliffg37 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-27 15:15, landmark wrote:
About half way through, as someone's head was in a vise, and his eyes popped out of his head, shooting across the room,

I don't know why, but that description has me laughing hysterically. I am sure if I saw the scene I would not laugh. I am mostly immune to horror movie gross outs, but I am sure that would have been disgusting, and just what a teenager wants.

Your description reminds me of something Sylvester the Jester might do.

and, I am still laughing.

Yup. Kind of like that Zombie ball on steroids from Fantasm.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1764 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Check 'em out, folks!

The Legend of Hell House trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sJhdMwOtRU

Prince of Darkness trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5I3Lt8PwyQ
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1764 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
And here's another one.

The Entity trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfro7WO8YJg

Three of my favorite horror movies with some of the scariest scenes I've ever seen.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1279 Posts

Profile of imgic
I saw "The Abominable Dr Phibes" with Vincent Price when I was 8 or so. I threw up on way home I was freaked out. A few years later I saw the very bad movie. "The Frogs" in which Mother Nature seeks revenge on humans. Ending scene has frogs croaking to drive the main character insane. I had to walk home from that movie. Right past old house that had a pond with hundreds of frogs croaking ...I didn't sleep at all the night.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
The only horror movies that got to me as a kid (and beyond) were usually ghost movies. The idea of the unseen thing that can't be killed because it's already dead. You can't just shoot or punch or stab a ghost like you can a zombie or a werewolf or something with a body. (Well, maybe you shouldn't punch werewolves.)
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4169 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I saw something similar in one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen - "Friday the 13th Part III in 3D". Jason (it was Jason, right?) presses someone's head together, an eyeball pops out and flies toward the screen (3D, remember).

Funny moment, but horrendous movie.

Quote:
On 2013-11-27 15:40, Cliffg37 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-27 15:15, landmark wrote:
About half way through, as someone's head was in a vise, and his eyes popped out of his head, shooting across the room,

I don't know why, but that description has me laughing hysterically. I am sure if I saw the scene I would not laugh. I am mostly immune to horror movie gross outs, but I am sure that would have been disgusting, and just what a teenager wants.

Your description reminds me of something Sylvester the Jester might do.

and, I am still laughing.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
I thought I was having a deja vu moment, mine are in here somewhere.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
Ha! Mine was still the Shining trikey ride!
~Will Rogers
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4169 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 00:06, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
I thought I was having a deja vu moment, mine are in here somewhere.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0

Haha! Totally forgot about that!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2824 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
"Jaws!" - Wow, I hadn't thought about "Jaws."

It's easy to be scared by a film moment when you're a kid. "Jaws" was the first movie I saw when I moved to New York City to be on my own. I'd always liked to sit in the front row of the theater when I went to a movie. "Jaws" cured me of that. After the girl got attacked, I got up and walked up to the balcony and watched the rest of the movie from there!
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
I still don't think I've seen all of the first Jaws movie.
~Will Rogers
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I saw "The Exorcist" on a double date. Walking back to the car, I did the Regan voice. My girlfriend started beating me like I was the real thing! Ha-ha!!

"Jaws" was one of those movies that had me doing illogical things, like looking in the backseat of the car for sharks!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Since I don't believe in that stuff, none of them frighten me. Yes, so made me jump, other just made me laugh such as the pea soup in "The Exorcist". I enjoyed scaring people who believe in this stuff.

I don't like movies that have really bad endings like the family dies, etc. They are a waste of good entertainment money.
Dennis Michael
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
Here's the rub, I don't believe in ghosts but the thought of them still gives me anxiety. There's not really a logical reason why they should when I'm convinced they aren't real, and yet there it is- panic attacks in spooky basements alone.
BUT, it's just atmospheric ghost movies that get to me. The special effects ones really don't.
~Will Rogers
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 23:54, critter wrote:
Here's the rub, I don't believe in ghosts but the thought of them still gives me anxiety. There's not really a logical reason why they should when I'm convinced they aren't real, and yet there it is- panic attacks in spooky basements alone.
BUT, it's just atmospheric ghost movies that get to me. The special effects ones really don't.

Which is why the original "The Haunting" is so good and the remake sucks.

Speaking of ghosts and spooky basements, two people have died in my house. My stepdad was one, but I had learned that the original owner hung himself in the basement. I have countered with my own collection of spirits, monsters and skeletons that I keep down there. It gives any other spirits a bit of competition, and makes the basement not so bad. I just won't go down there after watching "The Exorcist"! Ha!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
"Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things" is my wife's favorite 'torment friends with a bad movie' flick.
We usually show it as part of a living room double-feature, alongside "Doc Savage - Man of Bronze."
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4169 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I think "The Pit and the Pendulum" with Vincent Price from 1961 was probably the scariest movie I ever saw as a youth. Other movies were kind of scary, and had good scary moments here and there, but that movie really kind of set the standard for "scary", overall.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2824 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 23:31, Steve_Mollett wrote:
"Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things" is my wife's favorite 'torment friends with a bad movie' flick.
We usually show it as part of a living room double-feature, alongside "Doc Savage - Man of Bronze."

I think "Doc Savage" would be the scarier film! As a major "Doc Savage" fan back in the day, I was appalled with how "60's Batman" the film ended up looking. One of the worst moments was when the heroes had to swim underwater and the music (inspired by John Philip Sousa, no less) actually took on a warbling tone as if the orchestra were underwater as well!
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 23:31, Steve_Mollett wrote:

"CSPWDT" is total uber-camp. The pay off is when Orville is sitting up on the bed ready to deal out the best in poetic justice.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
382 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Doc Savage WAS a major disappointment to me.

When I was a kid the original Invaders from Mars freaked me out. And I saw it on TV. With a kid as the protagonist, it had to have been made just to scare the bejezuz out of kids.

A recently made movie called The Descent was very scary, too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Horror Movie Scenes That Frightened You As A Kid (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL