The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Best music source that packs small (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
I use an ipod touch to run my music into a 500 watt powered amp.

If I use a smaller mp3 player the speaker will draw on the player and it will kick out.

Any suggestions what cheaper sound devices that will work with a large speaker.
I am used to using macm but I hate the upload steps - would like to use a non-mac player.

thanks

martini
DeceptivelySimple
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of DeceptivelySimple
Martini,

Have you seen this: http://www.deceptivelysimple.com/

Cue Command uses an audio amplifier more powerful than the one in the iPod Touch. The result is a relatively strong “line-level” signal. By itself, it can’t power much more than a set of headphones but plugged into your amplifier, it should work nicely.

Cue Command plays directly from your iTunes playlist on your iPod Touch. There are no complicated upload procedures. Just organize your tracks in iTunes and sync to your iDevice (iPod, iPhone, iPad). If it plays in iTunes, it will play through Cue Command. And, the remote will allow you to control your music from a substantial 300+ foot distance.

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
Thanks, I have used I jet, but this one is definitely more impressive
John Martin
View Profile
Special user
994 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Save a bit of money and try Show Cues first. I works great.

John
lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
Thanks John
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:
On 2013-12-18 12:50, John Martin wrote:
Save a bit of money and try Show Cues first. I works great.

John

The app is GREAT. The remote sucks! I've moved on to Cue Command. Incredible product with an extremely reliable remote.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I've been pretty happy with the Happie Ultimate Control device. It's self contained, doesn't pack any smaller, has an excellent guarantee and the customer support is excellent.

http://happieamp.com/ultimate-control-mp......ice.html

Dan.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
I've been using The Ultimate Control for over a year, (and the toe switch) and couldn't be happier.

Ken
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
I really don't get why people find the iJet remote 'sucks'. I've been using one for over two years (almost 300 shows per year) with no issues! I've also sold over 400 of these in the UK, and literally had an issue with two - one of which was a faulty receiver (which was immediately replaced), and one where a guy decided to put brand new batteries into a brand new remote (which I advised him wasn't necessary) and he put them in back to front.

An issue that a lot of people have is that they don't read the instructions before they use the product. With the ijet, the receiver MUST be connected to the apple device BEFORE the audio lead is connected to the headphone socket.

Best way I've found is:

1. Go to MUSIC on your device and set some playing. The music will come out of the devices built in speakers.
2. Connect the iJet receiver to the device. After 3 or 4 seconds the music will stop coming out the speakers. The track is still playing, but now the audio output has been switched to the headphone socket.
3. Connect a jack to the headphone socket on your device. Connect the other end to your mixer/speaker.
4. Check functions of your remote all work and that you have 'music output' from your speaker.
5. Quit Music, and launch Show Cues - you're good to go!!

I'm testing the new ankle remote from iJet, and can tell you that it's fantastic too!

Gary
mgshn
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of mgshn
I like things small as possible. I started using the Airline Micro last summer, both "ends" are battery operated and it fits in my pocket. About the same time I switched from struggling with an iPod/Phone and some wacky remote or other to the Happi Ultimate Control. That fits into the same pocket.

Last week I got this mini speaker/amp (http://www.amazon.com/Ivation-Portable-Voice-Amplifier-Waist/dp/B006TL5KWC/ref=cm_cr-mr-title&tag=rtobias-20). It's powerful enough for room-sized shows and... fits into my pocket.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
I've been using the ijet for years and never had a problem. I use it in schools, homes, fairs, just about everything. It's a great little remote that runs $35 or so. Ijet doesn't have a great storefront, and they don't always represent their products the best (they definitely need some PR help), but once you try it, I think you'll be pleased. Try to buy off ebay so you can see an exact picture of what you're getting.

Hope that helps,
Kevin
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I use an iJet remote, iPod, and a Pyle PWMA-200 PA. This is the setup I have been using for several hundred shows.

The Pyle PA is nearly the same as the Happy Amp minus the extra microphones. It comes with a wireless headset, and a wired handled. If using the wireless mic, you have two inputs. They are about $70 including shipping on Amazon.
-Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Best music source that packs small (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL