The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » It's just not cricket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Pakistani Taliban have urged the country's media to support cricket captain Misbah-ul-Haq even though he is a "pathetic player".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25135586

Or is it?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Jesse Owens, anyone?
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 07:58, stoneunhinged wrote:
Jesse Owens, anyone?

Hey Stone,

I am completing a Master's project - a web site about the Holocaust. It's an emotionally draining project but there are bright spots, and, writing the section about Jesse Owens just felt so uplifting.

I also made sure to add Joe Louis's knockout of Max Schmeling in the first round to win the heavyweight crown.

Baseball legend Hank Greenberg sated that every time he hit a home run, it was against Hitler. I like to imagine the possibility that this legendary power hitter could have had the chance to wield his vicious Louisville Slugger on the heads of Hitler, Himmler, Heydrich, and all the rest of that garbage.

Best,
Vlad

PS: Like me, you are not "home" for Thanksgiving, nonetheless my friend, I wish you a very happy one. Smile
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 09:20, Vlad_77 wrote:

PS: Like me, you are not "home" for Thanksgiving, nonetheless my friend, I wish you a very happy one. Smile

Same to you, my friend! Enjoy the holiday the best you can.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » It's just not cricket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL