The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peter turners best work on mind reading? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
crazydanban
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of crazydanban
I have come across peter turners stuff recently and I have to say I am very impressed and would love to learn his skills can someone please tell me what his best work is to purchase?
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
What is you experience with mentalism?

Darren
Twitter @darjames
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Or audience management & jazz skills, for that matter?

Most of his stuff is great anyway.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
crazydanban
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of crazydanban
Well I have experience in basic magic card tricks etc, I have practised a lip reading technique from the subtle movement when people are thinking of words, I am knowledgeable of mentalism tricks but I was looking into his work and the best product with most revaluations, mind reading really interests me especially non contact nothing written down mind reading, what is peter turners best book or dvd course for that? and a link where I can purchase it from.
thank you for your response.
Dan
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 12:02, crazydanban wrote:
I have come across peter turners stuff recently and I have to say I am very impressed and would love to learn his skills can someone please tell me what his best work is to purchase?

You will never learn his skills by simply buying his BEST work. Seriously, if you buy the best davinci painting will you learn his skills?

Magicians trying to help other magicians.
neemdog
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of neemdog
I'd say just start with his lecture on Penguin Magic-- you'll get to see him in action and get a great idea on how he thinks. He shares some of his best ideas in that lecture, as well, and from there you'll definitely be able to navigate your way through his other work and the resources from which he draws inspiration.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 12:55, neemdog wrote:
I'd say just start with his lecture on Penguin Magic-- you'll get to see him in action and get a great idea on how he thinks. He shares some of his best ideas in that lecture, as well, and from there you'll definitely be able to navigate your way through his other work and the resources from which he draws inspiration.

Yea, then you can copy his clothes and breathing patterns as well. Learn your own skills and become crazydanban the mentalist. Instead of crazydanban the Pete Turner lookalike.
christophe
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of christophe
Neemdog is right, start by Turner then in 5 years buy the corinda.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
I agree the penguin lecture is a great place to start, then isabella's star/ portugal notes, bigger fish and the rest, get to see him in person if you can at one of his lectures - he will blow you away, if you like his work then all of it is good and you will want it all anyway!
crazydanban
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of crazydanban
Thank you for your comments I will look into the penguin lecture, I am not looking to be pete turner I just want to study people theorys and then develop mine from there, brilliance can be mirrored but to mirror then devise something greater would be something truly remarkable
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Another vote for the Penguin Lecture here!
It's easy to find via Google, but you'll have seen that already.

& don't be offended by people coming across a little rude quickly, they're (understandably) fed up from a lot of "I-wanna-know-how-to-vanish-the-statue-of-liberty-NOW!"-guys coming here Smile nothing wrong with buying other people's (best) material and drawing inspiration from there, so good luck & have lots of fun along the way!
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Pete is normally quite happy to chat on Skype....... a very approachable guy. You could also contact Michael Murray for advice, he has produced quite a few things for Pete, and also has some awesome effects and methods of his own.

Regards,

Ian.
crazydanban
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of crazydanban
Oh well thank you all and I can kind of understand the rudeness but then this is a magic discussion forum so that's what some people want to discuss
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Crazydanban, I think what these guys are saying is you have your own natural brilliance.

Modeling and mirroring in my experience don't transfer very well to the real world.

Listen instead for frameworks and principles and apply them in a way that is enjoyable and unique to you.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
The thing to remember is that Pete Turner is the end product, not necessarily a good starting point. Petes lecture is fantastic and highly recommended but even more valuable if you have a good grounding in the fundamentals. Start with karting before jumping into a formula one car Smile

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Seems to me if you're referencing "mentalism tricks" I would think you're not ready for this level of perspective and material yet.
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
All of Peters work ist absolute fantastic.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 14:36, minderX wrote:
All of Peters work ist absolute fantastic.

This is true...BUT....
Not everyone can pull it off in the same way Peter can.
I have spent quite some time with Peter and my persona is so different that I'd need to adapt some of his stuff to such an extent that it would be unrecognizable
Which is a great thing as we all don't want to be Peter Turner clones.

If you take his stuff and make it your own, great.
If you just try to copy his stuff (which I'm sure is not what you meant) it may not work.
and if it did, that wouldn't be great.

Steve
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
Absolutely right Steve could'nt say it any better......
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 15:39, minderX wrote:
Absolutely right Steve could'nt say it any better......

But if someone took it from steve and made it their own perhaps it could be better?

Just thinking out loud.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peter turners best work on mind reading? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL