The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Potential Las Vegas attack? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
My mom, who works at the Federal Hospital at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, came home last night talking about the incredibly high level of security precautions that were going on at the Air Base.

I told her it was probably due to the raising of the alert level. She mentioned that probably wasn't it, because the alert level was raised Sunday, and these security precautions weren't made until Christmas Eve.

I didn't think anything more of it, until this just came across the newswire just a few minutes ago:

Pilot Did Not Show: Feds Believe Some on Canceled Flight Intended to Attack Las Vegas

Some passengers boarding Air France flight from Paris to Los Angeles 'intended to hijack it and crash land in Las Vegas', the WASHINGTON POST is planning to report in Page One leads on Friday... officials said they 'remain suspicious about some passengers who did not show up at the airport to claim their seats on the ultimately aborted Flight 68 from Paris to Los Angeles. One of those who did not appear for the Christmas Eve flight apparently is a trained pilot'... Developing..

Scary thought! For those who have never been to Vegas, this wouldn't be tough to do. McCarran Airport is just behind the south end of the strip - behind the Tropicana and the San Remo.
volant
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin
59 Posts

Profile of volant
I was going to fly to Vegas for the New Year... Scary.
By the time you read this, you've already read it.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Update: The Washington Post story is now on-line.

Here's a peek at Friday's L.A. Times:

"LA TIMES FRIDAY: Official: 'This is a broad and serious threat that is not going to disappear with the cancellation of one or two flights... There is a lot of crisscrossing data that points to certain flights, certain times and certain countries. It's not just in one location, point of departure or arrival. It's not only France and it's not only L.A'... "
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Vegas Shmaygas - no one cares what's going on there but my mother and every other semi-retired slot machine queen, the buffet abusers, and drunk variety show audience members who frequent the area. The rest are on their way to becoming one of those three types. Those of us left, including terrorists, just don't care - really....

I'm no expert on methods of terrorism, but based on the economic effect they've had on us since 911, there's more to it than just tossing a guernade into a subway or flying a plane into a group of hotels. The objective, no matter how attacked, is most important. Two flying planes willfully flying into Mt. Rushmore vs. World Trade Center for example. Long term crippling effects are ideal in their twisted minds.

I wonder just how much taking Vegas down would affect US economy. Granted the guerilla efforts that create panick are effective at keeping a people off balance but tearing away at an economy, 911 for example, is far more effective at sending the message.

So they affect the state of Nevada.....(shall we start shaking in our boots now?). Through 911, they've demonstrated just what big thinkers they can be. They did more than just kill 5 thousand people and take down the towers, they affectd economy worldwide! Stateside we can still see the negative impact on economy and our own hightened sense of security. God bless us all and I mean that.

I doubt terrorist will ever have the Vegas strip (actually only 4 miles long to include north, center, and south strip) on their hitlist - it's too small a gig. Besides, terrorists seek entertainment as well and what better place to have it than Vegas Shmaygas! Come ooooooooon lucky 7!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Potential Las Vegas attack? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL