The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Tissues for torn'n restored tissue paper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1311 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Hi.

I'm looking for just the right kind of tissue paper, for the effect, Bob White teach on his dvd.

Can anyone recommend some good tissues for this effect?

Thanks,
Daniel
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Tissue paper (the type used for gift wrapping) is what you need.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1311 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Isn't that more of a foil type paper than a regular tissue paper?
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
490 Posts

Profile of DougTait
No: The tissue paper that Richard is refering to is the tissue paper used inside a gift box, not the outside wrapping paper.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2714 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Actually depending on what the gift is it can be wrapped in two or three layers of Tissue paper. You wouldn't warp anything with sharp corners or course. Anyway the tissue paper that is sold in the gift wrap/party section of stores is what you want.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jakeg
To the best of my knowledge, bo White uses red party napkins in his routine.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I have made my own "Torn Tissues to Paper Hat(s) for eons.

At an estate sale, I picked up an aluminum "derby" hat (In the big band days, horn players used them somewhat like a mute). A "square" of corrugated cardboard, with a hole cut in its center that will just fit over the derby +++ some tissue and a bottle of rubber cement, are all you need.

Cheap place to buy tissue: The "Dollar Tree" stores "dump" their tissue (many colors) right after Christmas, at big discounts.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
643 Posts

Profile of JordanB
These are the exact ones that Bob White uses for performance and on the DVD.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/clas......-199182/

You can find them at many places that sell party supplies. Be sure and get luncheon sized napkins and not beverage sized napkins. Once you cut off the fluted edge they should come right apart. Also be sure and get multi ply napkins.

Good luck, it's a great routine.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1311 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Thanks a lot Jordan.

Will purchase these right away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Tissues for torn'n restored tissue paper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL