The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Annihilation Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
The Annihilation wallet is in stock and all pre-orders will be shipping tomorrow...all other orders will ship within 24 hours.

I have a video trailer on my site:

http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/......llet.htm

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks again!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
So a friend of mine has one and I got to play with it for a minute or so. Here are my thoughts:

The quality of the leather is similar to the Jol, just not as shiny and not as smooth, it's a little granier. It's just as HQ. It's quite thick but it has many features to compensate! The peek is clever! It kind of uses something from the Pac Stack (or the Viper peek wallet) and a Cloack and Dagger peek. It's very deceptive. The main use of the peek is for drawings but you could easily do words, doing a peek similar to the one in the Espionage.

There are a lot of "flaps" in the bill compartment that house the different indexes and the card goes in a very weird location, but that's the only way to design it. Some may even prefer it, I think it's quite good, haven't tested it out.

So from what I saw this appears to be the best hip pocket wallet out there! If I manage to get my hands on one, will post a much more detailed review, but for now, I very highly recommend it! Paul seems to have made a thing of beauty!
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2014, Sashac wrote:
So a friend of mine has one and I got to play with it for a minute or so. Here are my thoughts:

The quality of the leather is similar to the Jol, just not as shiny and not as smooth, it's a little granier. It's just as HQ. It's quite thick but it has many features to compensate! The peek is clever! It kind of uses something from the Pac Stack (or the Viper peek wallet) and a Cloack and Dagger peek. It's very deceptive. The main use of the peek is for drawings but you could easily do words, doing a peek similar to the one in the Espionage.

There are a lot of "flaps" in the bill compartment that house the different indexes and the card goes in a very weird location, but that's the only way to design it. Some may even prefer it, I think it's quite good, haven't tested it out.

So from what I saw this appears to be the best hip pocket wallet out there! If I manage to get my hands on one, will post a much more detailed review, but for now, I very highly recommend it! Paul seems to have made a thing of beauty!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts Sashac!

Mental Voyage will be running another contest soon and the prize will be a free Annihilation wallet, so be on the lookout for that!

Thanks again!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I have just gotten a new one. I had bought one second hand after that review and have played with it for a few months. I later discovered that it came with a DVD and some of the features from the wallet were missing (may have been a knockoff), so Paul was kind enough to send me a new one (full) as long as I gave an honest review. That is exactly what I shall do tonight, in a month and in a year.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
The Annihilation wallet is great. That's it.

Ok, maybe I'll continue. So, leather: bumpy, high quality and after a bit of use, it will become shiny like the JOL leather. It is way thinner though and a lot softer.

Size: Perfect. This is a hip pocket wallet and looks/functions just like one.

Stitching: no problems there, all well done.

Thickness: this is one of my only negatives (it doesn't have to be). The wallet is THICK. Very thick. I was initially disappointed and showed it to a friend, his answer: "That's what a real man's non magic wallet looks like". He was right. Well, I kept that mentality and I now use this as my everyday wallet. I wear it in the "European" style (inside a jacket pocket) but this could be worn inside a pants pocket, the size of it is just right. So this may be a negative or not to you, just keep it in mind whilst purchasing.

Durability: this will last a LONG time. It looks better the more you use it and the leather is better now in my own experience. Unlike certain wallets, this might actually be a wallet you will use for the rest of your life.

Functionality: Ok, 6 credit card slots, 1 ID panel, business card slot. Bill compartment and zip side (you might be able to store coins in there, but not recommended). This is one of the only wallets that looks just like a real one and functions the same way. Let me say something; I would not recommend anyone to hand out their wallet and have it checked. What I mean is that if they spent 10-15 seconds looking at the inside flaps, you might encounter some problems. The outside and credit card compartments are just what they seem though. I wouldn't use this at a table hopping gig, it's more of a casual/sat down wallet.

CTW: this is one of the weaker features of the wallet. It is a decent CTW, nothing more. It wasn't intended as one though, I think Paul designed it more with a SUC peek in mind or small billet loading system. It is well hidden and not too hard to use, I just prefer a palm CTW or a Mullica. It is fair to say that if you are purchasing this to do a CTW, this is not the best option. It's a fine one, just not the best. If someone handed you a deck of cards though, you would have no problem using this, just not at a gig.

Peek: The peek is interesting. It somewhat reminded me of Paul's Lookout wallet (fantastic peek device btw). It is incredibly similar to Paul's Pac Stack Peek (also very good). You have 4 different peeks, all in the same area except for one. One for drawings, just by moving/closing the wallet, one for words, by handing the wallet. One more secure one, similar to the Cloak and Dagger Peek. This last one is my preferred. The last peek is an exterior peek done by the SUC feature (in a zip pocket).

Billet Index: good. 9 pockets, one of which is a bit tight, so I'd say you initially have 8 billet pockets. I won't lie, I don't use this at all (yet) as I don't have a routine. The pockets best accommodate paper and not business card stock.

Card Index: you have 8 (I believe) card pockets. These work well and are just what they are advertised. Heirloom sized pictures and full sized cards will fit nicely.

Overall, great wallet.

Different than most as there is a definite attention on making it look natural and functionality, something that very few wallets have. Hats off there. Just keep in mind that it will be thick and that the CTW is not a "gigging" ctw, more of an "emergency type".

Overall I very much recommend you buy this wallet, it is now the one I use and I have every single one out there.

8.7/10
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Annihilation Wallet (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL