We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Make my own Jumbo Skinner's 3 Card Monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adrianbent
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of adrianbent
Hi folks,
I researched "Jumbo 3 card monte", and discovered "3 Card Joe", which by as far as I can tell is simply Skinner's 3 card monte, just in jumbo size...
Since I'm not prepared to pay $112 before tax for a routine I already own, and because I want slightly smaller dimensions, I'd like to take on the project of making my own.
a few questions:
Are there already pre-existing images on the web of the gaffs? If not I could scan my own standard size cards and then print them out at the size I want, but I'd like to save the hassle in that step,
-more importantly, any advice on the stock (material) I should adhere them to? also, what bonding agent should I use, rubber cement? Finally, what do I apply to the face of the printout paper to protect it? I'm thinking some form of shelac or clear enamel?

Experience in this area is appreciated, thanks!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3029 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You'll find Spellbinder's Jumbo Ultimate Monte in The Wizards' Journal #17, complete with templates for traditional cards printed up as ultra jumbos ( 8.5 x 11). Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki came up with some new twists and not-so traditional cards for his version called "Ace Chaser" in The Wizards' Journal #21. Templates for making the cards are also included in Qua-Fiki's e-Book. Either book has photographic instructions for printing and assembling the cards on heavy glossy photo stock.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Make my own Jumbo Skinner's 3 Card Monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL