The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 7 Things I Learned From Multi-Millionaires (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
I thought I would share some of the things I learned from hanging around a few multimillionaires. I've been speaking on stages with these guys and talking to some over the phone about business, and watching how they interact with people...so...I made a post about things I've observed.

And when I say multimillionaires, I'm talking about guys who make $50 million or more. They all have the traits I listed in the post but I've also noticed that the more money someone makes, the more intense the traits are. Here are some things I've learned...

http://www.paidtoperform.com/7-things-i-......onaires/
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20571 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Thanks for sharing, Benji. That is a post I will save and read again.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Quote:
On 2013-12-04 15:54, Dannydoyle wrote:
Wow.

Is that a good wow or a bad wow?
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Good stuff to know. Thanks.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
For someone who hangs with millionaires and does such big shows I'm surprised to only see 124 followers of Facebook. Wait, on Twitter there's 1,773 followers WOW!!!

Oh, but if you actually look at the majority of the followers they are from Europe and themselves only have 5-10 followers each. This practice is known as buying followers.

Interesting note: If you look at Benji's Twittet followers over the next couple of days/weeks you'll see that the amount of followers drops drastically. The reason for this is simple: when you buy followers the people who make the fake accounts rotate the fake people from purchaser to purchaser.

If you'd like to employ this "strategy" of paying for fake followers that do nothing to help you grow a business you can hea over to Fiverr and spend $5 an get 1,000+ followers overnight.

I'm interested what the millionaires think of this strategy.

Josh
Josh
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
My mistake, there's 1,733 followers on Benji's Twitter.
Josh
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

The reality is, you can only fake so much. What Benji cannot fake is the fact that his websites are simply outstanding. He cannot fake that he has appeared on television. He cannot fake that those who attended the Magic Castle Lecture were impressed. He cannot fake the clips where we get to see his presentation style. It is fair to look at potential areas of weakness or exaggeration, but the reality is that most here can learn a lot from Benji.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20571 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Who was at his lecture?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Profile of Dimitri Mystery Artist
Josh, I honestly don't your history with Benji, but within this context your post looks pathetic and sad to me.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-12-05 01:11, Dannydoyle wrote:
Who was at his lecture?

Lou Serrano for one. This was his feedback:

Posted: Oct 15, 2013 4:24pm
I was present at the lecture. He did a very good job. There were some heavy hitters in the audience, and they all seemed to appreciate the insight Benji shared. Benji has a very low key way of presenting, both in his lecture and his mentalism performance. I've seen quite a few lectures at the Castle, and he did a commendable job. I think he'll get better as he gains more experience. There were a few things he shared that I didn't know about. Specifically in regards to certain websites that can help with online marketing.

His market is the corporate market, and most of his lecture focused on ways he gets the corporate gigs. According to his lecture, he focusses on getting spin off gigs over getting repeat gigs. He's also very big into taking action and going after the work.

He's still a very young man, and he has a lot to learn, but I think he's on the right track. He's made some mistakes along the way, but who here hasn't? My hope is that he'll take responsibility for some of his less commendable actions. In any case, he seems very driven, and I believe he'll eventually surpass the financial success of most people who post on this forum.

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20571 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The problem is still this wannabe guru thing. Seriously.

The whole thing is written from a strange perspective. The idea that people can all be lumped into one category because they have money is preposterous. The idea that they all think the same is just not anywhere close to right. And the statement that they only care about what is in it for them is offensive.

Pontificating about how other have money and success and wanting others to pay you to teach them while yor own remains quite limited is chutzpah.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Good view points Bennji...

" They only deal with A-Players

Multi-millionaires didn’t get where they’re at by hanging around average people. They only talk to and hire A-players. They want people around them who have a sense of clarity about what needs to get done and how to do it. If you need to be micromanaged then they won’t partner with you on any projects.

You need to know your stuff inside and out. If you’re not an A-player then you need to become one quick because everyone wants to deal with the people at the top."

:) Smile Smile

Hence why many of the top performers spend lots of time and resources on websites, promotional material and designing an act!
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I was thinking the same thing as Danny. I'd rather Benji made his millions and then come on and tell us about it. On another thread, someone was critical of Zucchini's DVD because it's title implied you can be a kid show rock star. At least Zucchini walks the walk! Benji may be a very nice guy, but who is he to tell us about millionaires until he becomes one himself? It's like me telling someone how to become a great Broadway actor because I met a lot of them at stage doors after the show.

I personally know one self-made millionaire (not an entertainer) who made his money be serving everyone equally -- from the average working Joe to the owner of the areas largest businesses. Guess what? As the "little people" grew he grew with them; they remembered that he was always there, not just when they became the A-listers. I think that is a far more likely scenario, but it requires hard work, integrity, and a positive work ethic. But that concept does not sell because it doesn't fit people's dream; it's not as sexy as "hanging out with rich people".

As for People who have money don’t say stupid things like “Money doesn’t bring you happiness” that's nonsense. I would wager that wealthy people realize this more than anyone! Some of the richest Hollywood people (who, btw, often come across money very quickly) often have terrible personal problems, i.e. addictions, failed relationships, and all that rest. The stories of lottery winners who are miserable are abundant. That article is a bunch or schlock intended more to make Benji appear and expert than to share any useful advice or information. The "7 reasons why ..." approach is so overdone it's almost a parody of itself.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Starrpower,
You have some valid points, but their are different type of millionaires.
I think Benji was speaking on the lines of people who have earned their money through time or was born into it.
They have a different prospective regarding money than those might have "won" or came into it is quickly.

But, surround yourself with people you inspire to be and you become it Smile
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 12:18, magicofCurtis wrote:

I think Benji was speaking on the lines of people who have earned their money through time or was born into it.

Exactly
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 11:25, Starrpower wrote:

As for People who have money don’t say stupid things like “Money doesn’t bring you happiness” that's nonsense.

Let me be more clear on this part.

Words mean different things to people.

When someone rich says, "Money doesn't bring you happiness"...they're saying just because you have money doesn't mean you will be happy.

When someone poor says, "Money doesn't bring you happiness"...they're using it as an excuse for why they don't have money.

Same words, two different meanings.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 12:41, Benji Bruce wrote:

When someone rich says, "Money doesn't bring you happiness"...they're saying just because you have money doesn't mean you will be happy.

When someone poor says, "Money doesn't bring you happiness"...they're using it as an excuse for why they don't have money.

Thank you for polling a representative sample of all the rich people and all the poor people in the world so as to arrive at this conclusion on the meaning of their words.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 12:59, BrianMillerMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 12:41, Benji Bruce wrote:

Thank you for polling a representative sample of all the rich people and all the poor people in the world so as to arrive at this conclusion on the meaning of their words.

You're welcome
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7443 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
A great book, related to the topic of learning from millionaires, is "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind" by T. Harv Eker.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 7 Things I Learned From Multi-Millionaires (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL